Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If only we could do this.... 19:30 - Aug 9 with 4282 viewsDalenet

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/club-statement

Consortium of local businessmen come together to invest £1.5m into the club but not taking control

If only we could do this.... on 21:16 - Aug 9 with 4035 viewsD_Alien

Could we do worse than having a Looney leading the club?

Altrincham has become a pretty prosperous area and no surprise there are businessmen with sufficient funds to invest

After tonight's EGM, we really are sat in the last chance saloon until 1) the money runs out (with the loan, probably end of the season), 2) the Community Fund bid succeeds, or 3) benign investors appear who haven't already done so (and they'll know how desperate we are now), or 4) alternative arrangements are set in motion by the fanbase, probably via the Trust, to run the club (or what's left of it)

Doing nothing is not an option, even if we have to take route 4 and fail
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 21:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If only we could do this.... on 21:41 - Aug 9 with 3917 views442Dale

Those involved at a club need to show their supporters trust that they want their input consistently and without prompting to help the football club.

If that wasn’t happening, consistently and without constant prompting, that supporters trust should look to work independently of the club to help the football club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

If only we could do this.... on 21:57 - Aug 9 with 3837 views49thseason

I think we need to figure out how to do the things the club doesn't want to do. Its apparent that their only plan at the moment is to find an investor, they seem convinced there is no way to increase off-field income to a level that might make us sustainable so an investor is seemingly the only game in town. But, it is prudent for the Trust to continue to fundraise and perhaps go into areas the club would normally be responsible for and continue to amass as many shares as possible ready for what at the moment looks like an eventual unhappy ending.

If only we could do this.... on 22:44 - Aug 9 with 3619 viewsTyroneShoelaces

What was mentioned to me tonight is that with the exception of
Col most of the Trust board voted against the motion. Why ? And why did
Col vote for ? Is there a split in what the Trust is thinking

If only we could do this.... on 22:48 - Aug 9 with 3598 viewskel

Most of or with the exception of? It can’t be both.

If only we could do this.... on 22:54 - Aug 9 with 3573 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Pardon me for not knowing the difference
there’s some pedantic (is that a word) smart arses on here
that are always wanting to put occasional posters down for no reason
I’m sure the above doesn’t pass basic English O level but best I can do

If only we could do this.... on 22:57 - Aug 9 with 3550 viewskel

No need to get arsey.

The trust will vote the way their members choose so (only assuming here) that may have been the split from trust members.

If it was personal votes from trust board members who are also shareholders, then it’s nobody else’s business which way and why they voted.

If only we could do this.... on 23:28 - Aug 9 with 3447 viewsD_Alien

I doubt that anyone cast their vote - either at the meeting, via a proxy, or through the Trust - with any degree of conviction that what they were doing was the right thing

That's certainly how i felt

Some may have abstained because of this

Those voting Yes to the motion were almost certainly doing so reluctantly - just as SG & RK say they're reluctant to be offering the loan

Those voting No would be doing so with the thought that (if the motion hadn't been passed) they could be condemning the club to an earlier demise than might otherwise happen; or perhaps opening the door even further to those seeking to invest in the club with ulterior motives

We now have a breathing space of a few months. Let's not waste it falling out but trying to put something constructive together. Nothing is yet decided, nothing certain, but the dice have been rolled and the clock is ticking

[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 23:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If only we could do this.... on 23:50 - Aug 9 with 3364 viewsSalwaDale

Spot on

TBBT

If only we could do this.... on 07:03 - Aug 10 with 3171 viewsNorthernDale

I am using the proxy vote and via the trust, but I have no faith in the board anymore, they are nice people, but at times, I feel downright amateurish in how they do things.

I can appreciate them doing the appropriate checks on potential investors, after the chaos caused by MH, but is their approach, is based upon buying them out or just somebody investing in the club. Yes, Altrincham is wealthy compared to Rochdale, which is not surprising, are we not one of the most deprived towns in Greater Manchester, but are there any undisclosed conditions attached to Altrincham's investment?

If only we could do this.... on 07:35 - Aug 10 with 3098 viewsDalenet

On your last point I don't know. And yes Altrincham and its neighbouring areas of Cheshire has many wealthy people. It's the approach I like. Rochdale might not have 10-20 people prepared to stump up £100k each, but we are more likely to find 10-15 people prepared to act in a consortium than we are a true benefactor with a few million. To make it work you have to build a prospectus and make it attractive to potential consortium members "Your town, Your Club" etc. I don't believe that there is nobody with any money in the town, but there has to be a plan, a story, and credible leadership. A message that talks purely about survival for the next 6 months isn't ambitious and is about as appetiting as a 4 week old refuse bag.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 9:56]

If only we could do this.... on 14:46 - Aug 10 with 2666 viewsblackdogblue

Skip back down the corridor to the other side & join the debate of less than 200 there & no refreshments

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

If only we could do this.... on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 2405 viewspioneer

If the fan base have little confidence in the current board, why would outside investors?

Presumably they would be expected to invest money with no guaranteed return while finding ways to fund among other things a 6% return on the ‘investment’ of some of the existing board.

I expect any significant outside investment will be dependent on full control being taken over. But who is going to pay over the odds for those unsellable shares?

If only we could do this.... on 00:44 - Aug 11 with 2278 views49thseason

The value of the club is in the ground, the club's position in the pyramid the reputation of the academy and its history. Investors will not be looking at the Board except from the point of view that they may have to work with them for a while. Indeed its probably the case that if someone buys the whole club, most of the current board will be off quicksticks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024