Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe is a leeds player 21:44 - Aug 24 with 3998 viewsRhonddaSwans

12 million pound deal done

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Piroe is a leeds player on 21:44 - Aug 24 with 3426 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-joel-piroe-swan

Piroe is a leeds player on 21:46 - Aug 24 with 3393 viewsRhonddaSwans

12 million best be add ons there .

or we caved
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 21:46]

Piroe is a leeds player on 21:50 - Aug 24 with 3328 viewsTreforys_Jack

Think 12million is about right for a player in his last Yr of contract

Piroe is a leeds player on 21:56 - Aug 24 with 3255 viewsDr_Winston

If we've secured ÂŁ12m plus potential add ons then that's excellent business, especially given his contract status and questionable utility in a Duff team.

If we spend a third of it on additional players then that'll do me. If Watson is half as good as the hype he should be able to secure the #10 we desperately need for half that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe is a leeds player on 21:57 - Aug 24 with 3239 viewsyatesie3

Spot on.
Piss poor if there isn't any add ons!
Tough boots to fill so hopefully a good striker due in over the weekend

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:00 - Aug 24 with 3189 viewsBoundy

What price keeping a player who now despite improved termas didn't want to be here ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:02 - Aug 24 with 3167 viewsraynor94

How on earth do you make that out, he was in the last year of his contract.

He could have signed a pre contract in January and we would have lost him for nothing next Summer.

Watson has done an excellent job here , Yates has already started to fill his boots

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:04 - Aug 24 with 3154 viewsyatesie3

If he didn't want to be here he wouldn't have played last week!
Yes he wasn't great on Saturday but he still played.
Look how Coventry dealt with VG
Just feel we are such an easy pushover and just hoped we stood firm

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:06 - Aug 24 with 3129 viewsReslovenSwan1

Last three players sold or big money were all notionally "too cheap" for some.

ÂŁ25m in seems pretty good to me. Two sent out on loan Rodon, Downes one hardly getting a kick Obafemi who the club could not get rid of quick enough.

Piroe will probaby not sit on the bench so has made a good move for his career.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:10 - Aug 24 with 3093 viewsbuilthjack

Good luck to him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:14 - Aug 24 with 3064 viewsraynor94

Big difference with VG, Sporting offered offered ÂŁ20 million, nobody has offered us nowhere near that.

It seems Leeds were offering ÂŁ8 million, so I think Watson has done an excellent job in getting ÂŁ12 million, and I think there will be add ons

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:40 - Aug 24 with 2903 viewsmajorraglan

I’d like to have had more, but let’s be honest in a little over 10 months he’d be off ski for nowt so £12m is a tidy result and will counteract the £12m loss reported in the last set of accounts.

Anybody who thinks the club is in a position to just let a ÂŁ12m asset just up and leave for nothing at the end of their contract is radio rental.

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:44 - Aug 24 with 2886 viewsbuilthjack

Rodon, to James, James skips past the defender, finds Piroe 15 yards out, and Piroe glides it into the net. Bound to happen, hopefully not against us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Piroe is a leeds player on 22:44 - Aug 24 with 2882 viewsjacktar

No mention of the sell on fee supposedly going to PSV Eindhoven. I read somewhere about 30%. Undisclosed fee so hope we don't get stung for too much.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Piroe is a leeds player on 23:06 - Aug 24 with 2770 viewsmajorraglan

To be honest it’s worked out well Leeds having a poor start has forced them into the market and the Swans are benefiting. Piroe hadn’t gone to the top table which is the Premier League, but he’s joined the biggest club in the Championship and they have a better chance of going up than most.

Piroe is a leeds player on 23:20 - Aug 24 with 2722 viewsFireboy2

Hes been awful in the 3 league games we have played.

His mind was elsewhere.

As the good doc has said, If we get 2 decent players in this will have been good business.

Piroe is a leeds player on 23:44 - Aug 24 with 2660 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s not that much I’m certain. There were rumours of Wood and 35% yesterday.

I can’t see this regime agreeing to such large sell ons.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe is a leeds player on 00:45 - Aug 25 with 2574 viewsRobbie

Business and finacial point of view , 1 year left then he walks for free , or cash in now .

If we are a now money over ambition club , sell to survive , maybe it must be accepted .
With this thinking long term , looks like the heady days of Premiership football has gone .

To me a good deal , on the flip side , are we competing for promotion or just making up the numbers , and avoid relegation from the Championship .

It is still a good Brand we are involved in , hope we do not sink anytime soon .

Piroe is a leeds player on 01:06 - Aug 25 with 2544 viewsnyc_swans

"he doesn't fit in Duff's system" is a fairly ridiculous take only 3 games in when it's still not overtly clear what his system is, or how the player could adapt, but i think this is a fair outcome. imo Yates was always signed to be the Piroe replacement.

this guy, a reliable Leeds reporter, says it could potentially be a 16m deal:

Piroe is a leeds player on 07:20 - Aug 25 with 2332 viewsWhiterockin

I have been wondering myself how James and Piroe would link up. If James makes a break there is no way in the world Piroe could keep up, then any crosses during the game would need to be to feet instead of Jameses normal ariel. For James to feed balls through on the floor Piroe would need to be more advanced unless James cut balls back which are easy to cut out. Time will tell if Piroe is successful at Leeds, or have we sold at the top of his value.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Piroe is a leeds player on 08:00 - Aug 25 with 2237 viewspencoedjack

I am unsure if people understand that a player in the last year of his contract is obviously going to be sold for less.

Although I would have liked him to have signed a new contract that’s a decent bit of business

Piroe is a leeds player on 08:23 - Aug 25 with 2170 viewshobo

Unless your name is Borja Baston. I heard some club paid ÂŁ15.5m for him in the last year of his contract

Piroe is a leeds player on 09:15 - Aug 25 with 2065 viewsjack247

It’s always a bit disappointing when a star player leaves, but you can’t really argue with this.

It’s good money, he had us over a barrel and bar the recent rumours, the vast majority of us expected it all summer.

In a perverse way, I don’t think Duff will be that bothered. The 5-3-2 clearly didn’t play to Piroes strengths but it’s very difficult to drop someone with 40 goals in 2 seasons.

I think we’re ok up front. A decent left back, a creative midfielder and someone to replace Wood if he goes and I’d still class it as a decent window, despite losing 4 of our best players.

Piroe is a leeds player on 13:14 - Aug 25 with 1804 viewshowenjack

Any good negotiator will have brought that clause to Leeds' attention prior to the sale so we will have that avenue covered through a Swans sell on clause to match it - hopefully

Piroe is a leeds player on 13:27 - Aug 25 with 1775 viewsBoundy

Maybe he played because of a win bonus or maybe he had certain principles unlike many who have gone before

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024