Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Palmer - Patreon 09:40 - Oct 2 with 5889 viewsNorthernr

Our latest former player interview is up for all three tiers of Patreon subscription. Catching up with Steve Palmer ahead of Thursday's reunion - a man who signed for QPR in the first place after sending out fliers advertising his services...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/steve-palmer-90178230

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 09:46 - Oct 2 with 4586 viewsgazza1

He's a good lad and very underrated by many R's fans.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 10:56 - Oct 2 with 4456 viewsTomS

In my opinion, he was the best captain we have had since Ray Wilkins handed over the armband.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 11:13 - Oct 2 with 4429 viewsTheChef

Strange how your mind plays tricks - thought he was a mainstay of the side in the 01/02 and 02/03 seasons but then didn't figure much in our promotion push. Turns out he played in 35 games!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 11:23 - Oct 2 with 4407 viewspaulhoop2

Also believe one of our best modern day captains. Never had one as good leadership wise since. Will
This be on the site to read Clive? Apologies but I do not know
How a patreon works is it much and is it more a pod cast then a read ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 11:30 - Oct 2 with 4394 viewskensalriser

Never forget the sight of him running at full tilt. Like a man running the wrong way up a travelator.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 11:42 - Oct 2 with 4353 viewsNorthernr

Easiest thing is just stick the Patreon app on your phone and sub that way, lowest tier is £2.50 a month.

I shall probably publish a written version on here for free during the international break, but just don't have the time to do that this week with a midweek match, plus wanted to give the loyal subscribers on there a little something for their cash.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 12:01 - Oct 2 with 4301 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I enjoyed that cheers,

Wiki said he bowled out Graeme Fowler! (I'm a Lancashire fan and he was one of my favourite player) Fair play.

I very good captain, I remember seeing him calm the team and the game down on numerous occasions and also put in some crunching tackles.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 13:22 - Oct 2 with 4134 viewspaulhoop2

Cheers Clive will don

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 13:44 - Oct 2 with 4087 viewsMcDuffin

I love him and everything he presents

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 14:04 - Oct 2 with 4053 viewsCamberleyR

Yeah Olly played him a fair bit in CM alongside Birch but would drop back to CB if Carlisle or Shittu were unavailable.

Definitely one of our unsung heroes of the 21st century.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 14:55 - Oct 2 with 3977 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Those season were my golden age.

Old enough to go on my own and young enough not to be jaded yet.

Nice memories. Great podcast Norf.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 15:36 - Oct 2 with 3889 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Did we have a song about Marajuana related to him? I’d never heard hi speak at length before and it’s sounds like he wouldn’t approve!

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 15:47 - Oct 2 with 3875 viewsTheChef

That was Roger Palmer.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 16:13 - Oct 2 with 3818 viewsHammersmithR

It’s funny how people see players. I thought he was a poor player. Painfully slow but some fans liked him. The other one who I thought was poor from that era was Bignot. But some fans rated Bignot.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 18:12 - Oct 2 with 3666 viewshantssi

I rated them both very highly.
Bignot never game up and Palmer whilst slow was very organised, read the game well and was a real leader on the pitch.
With his level of education I’m surprised he hasn’t moved into management.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 18:15 - Oct 2 with 3662 viewsAntti_Heinola

I mean, he patently was NOT a poor player. A player at the end of his career, yes, but he was a stellar player for Watford (have a read of this, and have a think about how many players we could have written anything like this about in the last 25 years: https://www.bsad.org/tribute/palmer/paul.html) and for us he was an outstanding leader, a good footballer, who stayed fit, worked hard, and was a solid player in every game he played, never shirked, scored a few important goals, and when played in midfield, which was not his position by then, gave of his all every game and never, ever let us down.

Bare bones.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 18:22 - Oct 2 with 3639 viewsdaveB

I loved Bignot, thought he was very good for us

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 18:29 - Oct 2 with 3628 viewsaston_hoop

Thanks for this, great listen. I'm too young to remember much detail earlier than us being relegated from the Prem in the 90s, this time under Holloway was easily my favourite time supporting the club. There was a lot of fun, some great characters and a team to be proud of. Steve Palmer was a big part of that. I remember he had his critics at the time and I never really understood it. Great leader, worked hard, could read the game really well and could play a few different positions if needed. Should be held in a similar regard to Shaun Derry for that in my opinion. Maybe for plenty he is.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 3395 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'd suggest he hasn't moved into management because of his education!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 08:43 - Oct 3 with 3135 viewshantssi

🤣🤣🤣

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 09:49 - Oct 3 with 3060 viewsericgen34

Actually Clive, each time I try I get to enter my card details, authorise it in my bank's app, and then get
Oops! Your pledge was declined.
It's a valid visa card, it is set as payment method, yet doesn't work. Could it be because I'm in France? Do you have someone's mail I could write to?

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 09:55 - Oct 3 with 3046 viewsNorthernr

Interesting. Should be fine from France. I'll ask Andy to have a look for you, apologies.

EDIT - I've just had a look mate and it seems to have gone through ok, it's showing you with an active sub.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 10:34 - Oct 3 with 2987 viewsFrankRightguard

A really interesting listen from a guy, who may not have been everyone’s cup of tea footballing wise, was undoubtedly integral to what happened round the place. Good old Captain Sensible.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 11:12 - Oct 3 with 2925 viewsericgen34

OK thanks for checking. I'll check if some money is taken, but when I click on the interview link I still get
Oops! Your pledge was declined.
This post is unavailable because your pledge payment for Clive Whittingham didn’t go through.

Steve Palmer - Patreon on 11:14 - Oct 3 with 2923 viewsNorthernr

Ok I'll get Andy on it and he'll be in touch via the email you registered with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024