Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's about me, not about you. 08:57 - Oct 25 with 639 viewskropotkin41

My attempt at a trial separation from thinking about QPR has been a qualified success. The problem is that a trial separation means I keep getting stories on my newsfeeds and seeing things on the couple of social media I use, keeping looking at the QPR garden gnome on my kitchen windowsill, and keep thinking about coming to London to go to a game with my lad, and so on.
So, it's got to be complete. Stopping following all accounts, kicking off everything that might bring QPR onto my news feeds. Just been onto the bank and stopped my QPR+ payment... unfollowed LFW on X. The gnome and my scarves are going somewhere dark and forgotten.

I wanted to come and say goodbye to you all because this site has been - what a thing to say about a web forum - an important part of my life for years. There are so many fascinating and bright people on here, and the non-football discussions have been great.

Anyway, done for now. Maybe for good. I don't know how so many of you who spend more money and emotional energy on QPR carry on. After 50 years, I'm finished.

Got to add yet another nod to Clive's writing, of course. The best football writing ever. Sorry/happy I was always too broke and never subscribed to the Patreon.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 8:58]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024