Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thinking ahead to League One next year. 18:33 - Oct 28 with 2797 viewsBluce_Ree

How do you think we will do? I don't watch L1 at all and couldn't tell you fk all about that bullshit but that's where we are headed. I've gone through denial and anger. I'm at acceptance now.

What's the standard there these days?

If we kept this sorry bunch of hooped c**ts would we do alright down there?

Genuine question. I've got no idea.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 18:53 - Oct 28 with 2709 viewsloftboy

About as well as Reading!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 18:56 - Oct 28 with 2693 viewsted_hendrix

If we kept this sorry bunch of hooped c**ts as you put It i'd reckon we'd be lower bottom half of the table.
There are bigger clubs down there fiffing and faffing about an example being Derby County who today lost at Stevenage 3-1.
Now you imagine In a year's time playing at Stevenage and you'd be forgiven for maybe thinking we'd get a result there.
Doesn't work like that, some 'named' clubs down there that cant get out.

It Is some sort of evil football Dungeon down there, you can't escape.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 18:56 - Oct 28 with 2692 viewsAd99

‘kin hell…it’s only October.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:00 - Oct 28 with 2664 viewsRuislipHoop

Didn’t we get tonked by Oxford pre season and look where Oxford are now.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:12 - Oct 28 with 2605 viewsDejR_vu

I admire your optimism

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:22 - Oct 28 with 2536 viewsHoopstar

Still a long way to go, without major change this does all feel rather terminal admittedly. Amazed at the constant crowds, it's a struggle to fork over my £35 at the moment I have to say.

Re: League One the misty eyed nostalgic in me thinks back to the two promotion chasing years as the time I was most in love with QPR. Took me from 15-17 traipsing all over the place watching the Rs and Messrs Rowlands, Cook, Shittu and co.

It's a different league and financial situation now though isn't it - and a lot harder to get out of.

One of the most interesting things, if we did go down, is seeing who from our squad other Championship clubs would consider taking a punt on....Field, Chair, Paal, Dykes and Cannon seem the only solid bets? Players like Jimmy Dunne have been a key part of a leaky defence for over two years now - looking every bit a middling League One CB these days.

As North often says people in football talk and I can't imagine people will be knocking the door down for any of the others.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:24 - Oct 28 with 2515 viewsBluce_Ree

It is only October, you're right.

Hey, by the way when did we last win at home? Remind me.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:28 - Oct 28 with 2481 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dave Thomas of AKUTR fame was on the Open All R’s podcast the other day and said he was looking forward to the variety if we go down. I tend to agree.

Assuming off pitch financials aren’t a worry I look forward to not going to Blackburn or West Brom for a change, which I hear is a a good as a rest.

Lincoln seems lovely.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 19:29]

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:37 - Oct 28 with 2422 viewsted_hendrix

Relegation Is failure FFS.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:39 - Oct 28 with 2410 viewsHoopstar

We might all get on Season Four of Welcome to Wrexham the way things are going in League Two - think you'd be an excellent ambassador for the club for that Ted.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 19:44 - Oct 28 with 2383 viewsLowerloftLad

It's only October

But the current situation has us in the bottom three until least mid November and that's if we win two or three on the bounce and results from other clubs go our away.

When was the last time we won 3 games in a row?

Wake up we need to make this change ASAP.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 19:45]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 20:02 - Oct 28 with 2292 viewsslmrstid

As it stands this team would struggle like mad - its got a losing mentality in it and that needs ripping up entirely to get rid of.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 20:18 - Oct 28 with 2266 viewsCateLeBonR

That's my thinking too. If relegation means financial meltdown and all that, then maybe not advised. If it just means new teams to play then I've really not got a problem.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 22:36 - Oct 28 with 2156 viewsderbyhoop

In L1 we'd be a team others would want to target. I don't think we'd finish above mid table with the remnants of current squad.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 22:38 - Oct 28 with 2142 viewsaston_hoop

It would be a very different experience to when we went down under Holloway, thats for sure. Clever clubs with shrewd up and coming tactical managers and structures in place for a consistent style and recruitment policy thrive now. Thats not us at the moment and we could easily be like Charlton or Derby thrashing around at nothing hoping to get lucky. This is why the DoF/Sporting Director appointment is going to be vital for us to create that

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 23:01 - Oct 28 with 2103 viewsHayesender

My recurring nightmare is getting beaten by Chelsea under 21's in the pizza box challenge cup

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 23:53 - Oct 28 with 2040 viewsBluce_Ree

Forget this bullshit thread. If Warnock comes he will deliver us into the promised land (the middle of the bottom half of the table). Let's goooo!

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 00:23 - Oct 29 with 1976 viewsstainrods_elbow

Isn't just about every club 'clever' compared to ours (where 'clever' just means employing professional staff with ideas, creativity, intelligence, passion, and ability)? Our staff appear to be the dregs of the professional game, continuously over-praised and scandalously under-performing. If only the likes of Ramsey, Belk and Hoos had the guts and shame to resign, our club would be in a better place overnight.

Right now, I'd keep Field, Chair and Jude the Cat, and depopulate the rest of the building.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 18:29]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 14:56 - Oct 29 with 1749 viewsHammersmithR

My concern is we need 42 points to stay up and I have no idea where we will get them from. If it’s still this bad in a month or so we will need play off form to get to 50 points and that is not happening with this rabble.

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 15:12 - Oct 29 with 1692 viewskensalriser

There's plenty of time to stay up. Contrary to the current narrative quite a lot of our first team are established championship players and they are good enough to keep us up. Once you can find a way to win it's a lot easier to get out of the bottom three than it is to get into the playoffs from the top ten or from the playoffs into the top 2.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Thinking ahead to League One next year. on 15:21 - Oct 29 with 1671 viewsNorthernr

The big thing for me is the bloody Pizza Trophy. At a minimum, three more midweek games to cover, including one against a Premier League puppy farm. How chastening is that going to be, a home game against fcking West Ham U21s or some such sht.

What I should do is boycott it, because that's what everybody should do until they remove the Prem teams from it. But of course if I do that we'll end up winning 4-3 in front of 80,000 people at Wembley with a last minute Sinclair Armstrong goal while I'm sitting at home going "oh I'm having a boycott".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024