Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tucked Up 17:38 - Nov 2 with 1450 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I noticed on my bank statement, some 'suspicious' amounts debited from by TFL.

Three deductions at LHR T5 for the same journey, which was caused by their ticket gates being open and not properly recording my tap as I went through. Another journey where I did tap out correctly as the gates flew open, wasn't recorded and the saucy sods sought full payment!

Now far be it for me to suggest that TFL purposefully keep gates open so that if you do not tap or the tap isn't picked up means they charge the full fare and they chance it that many people will not apply for refunds, but £28 'taken' from my account makes you wonder how much they are making from their own errors/possible shady practices!!

Not sure if anyone else had such issues, but I sure as sh1t will check more in future.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tucked Up on 18:18 - Nov 2 with 1249 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s been a while since I worked there but it used to be the case that you can’t touch out or in on the same gate more than once with the same card except at the WAG (Wide Aisle Gate) so if you aren’t sure if it went through try it again until it does.

If it says number 42 (I think) then it means it went though successfully.

It’s a ball ache but you used to be able to register your bank card on the online portal and get one journey rectified. I don’t know if that’s the case anymore.

Gates can be left open for a million different reasons. They cut so many staff that often these stations are lione working now and if the supervisor is attending an emergency or having a break they have to leave the gates open so people don’t get trapped or something.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 18:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024