Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under estimated QPR Players 07:16 - Nov 9 with 11412 viewsnumptydumpty

One that springs to mind for me

Big Matt Smith

Scored pretty regularly when coming on as sub with his head.

In fact wouldn't he have been the man upon top for an Ainsworth team.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 7:16]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Under estimated QPR Players on 21:25 - Nov 10 with 704 viewsBexleyHoop

I am getting on a bit and the memory cells are not what they used to be, but I don't think many people recall the scoring exploits of Mark Falco, could be wrong, but for a season or two he was pretty good for us.

Happy to be corrected by you good people. Scored a few stunners as well

Under estimated QPR Players on 22:33 - Nov 10 with 666 viewsOakR

I don't remember how frequently scored, but in my mind nearly every goal was a volley of some sort.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Under estimated QPR Players on 22:49 - Nov 10 with 663 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That's a great shout. Allen and Goddard were an awesome combination with the latter flying slightly under the radar.

Under estimated QPR Players on 23:05 - Nov 10 with 658 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sorry, I'm not having that.

Even a glass half-full analysis would conclude that he was lightweight and largely ineffectual. His 'versatility', as you put it, stemmed from an inability to master any one position. Even Holloway described him as an "out-and-out utility player".

Simply put, Rose was too frequently injured. 242 appearances in 10 years (including many as sub) tells its own story. Such was his absentee levels that he didn't even get a testimonial (rightly so, in my opinion). When Prav left QPR, John Gregory joked that he was leaving because with Rose gone, Prav had nothing to do.

As they say, the most important ability is availability.

Under estimated QPR Players on 09:38 - Nov 11 with 578 viewsterryb

I've replied to you on this before, but can't remember which thread it was on.

From memory of the research I did at that time, Rose was seldom a substitute & that approx 90% of his appearances were as a starter. Quite a few seasons he made over 30 starts & that there were only two seasons that he made less than 50%.

Quoting John Gregory? He was only manager of Rangers for two months while Rose was here!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024