Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing Day - we have a part to play 22:52 - Dec 22 with 1978 viewsDalenet

Just thinking about the role the regular fans have on making boxing day a success for the future. The £1 initiative is a great maketing initiative and we need to try and make Tuesday a brilliant experience for everyone who comes along. Of course attractive attacking football and 3 points will help - but we need every penny for the rest of the season and this is the start of building a new fan base for the future.

Make everybody feel welcomed. Talk to first timers. Share your programme. Tell fans where to go to get refreshments. Buy more draw tickets. We can all do our bit to make sure some of them come back.... I long for the day when we get 4000 fans into Spotland every week.

Boxing Day - we have a part to play on 07:40 - Dec 23 with 1804 viewsTalkingSutty

Repeat this £1 offer at Easter and give every person a season ticket flyer at the turnstiles. Really promote a family season ticket, free for kids with every adult season ticket. Bringing forward the sale of season tickets would be a big help to the club also. Start selling them in March to get some money in. One thing that we could also do to help raise funds going forward is to charge £1 per person to enter the Ratcliffe and Dale bar on matchdays, they do it at a lot of other clubs. That money could go towards the Trusts players fund and I reckon most fans wouldn't begrudge that. Run three scratch football cards in the bars as well, one upstairs in hospitality. You could generate £300/£400 at most home games by doing things like that. A secure cash donation box on the Trust Desk for every home game will be required so fans can put in what they can afford every game to boost the Trust player fund. I would prefer to do that and put in what i want, rather than set up a standing order from my joint bank account, just my personal preference.😉
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 7:58]

Boxing Day - we have a part to play on 17:18 - Dec 23 with 1457 viewsBarrowdale

More than anything, attack, go forward and offer a festive feast of footy ffs!!

Boxing Day - we have a part to play on 11:09 - Dec 24 with 1163 viewsDale_4_Life

Excellent OP...

Agree though attacking exciting football is what works best of all to get people back!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024