Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes - Playing Deeper 21:31 - Jan 21 with 1414 viewsDylanP

Dykes was playing a lot deeper yesterday and he looked a lot better for it. With Sinclair up top, he was playing very deep, picking up the ball and playing it forward. He just looked a way better player.

Dykes is not my favorite player as he hasn't been contributing much as a lone striker. He isn't quick enough, his positioning isn't good enough, and he isn't good enough in the air to be a lone striker. But as the deeper part of an attacking duo, maybe that's his jam. He looked the part against Millwall.

Lets hope so.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Dykes - Playing Deeper on 21:38 - Jan 21 with 1389 viewsLblock

I fully expect our star striker to be playing centre back soon

Chris Sutton and Dion Dublin eat your hearts out

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dykes - Playing Deeper on 21:52 - Jan 21 with 1339 viewsnumptydumpty

As a schoolboy I was a pacy left winger but a bit too easy to bully off the ball.

In my twenties I was a midfield dynamo, a box to box player and in my thirties and forties I played in goal for a couple of my workplaces and made plenty of outstanding saves but generally only against the women's team and Joey was nowhere to be seen.

If I had the ability to adapt my game so dramatically - then a championship professional footballer should have little difficulty in doing so !!!

Sorry its been a long weekend and getting Sunday night pain !!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Yes good for Lyndon - God loves a trier apparently !!

All good though lets hope the form returning in his new role is not just a fleeting phase but a long term change...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Dykes - Playing Deeper on 21:56 - Jan 21 with 1316 viewsngbqpr

Eddie Howe did it with Joelinton.

Marti has given us Joelyndon.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dykes - Playing Deeper on 22:31 - Jan 21 with 1238 viewshamptonhillhoop

The takedown control and pass to willock for the first goal was excellent. If it works for him there then great, he's a one in four player anyway, so I can't see it damaging his scoring record, and it seems to make Armstrong more dangerous as the main focal point in attack

Dykes - Playing Deeper on 00:24 - Jan 22 with 1152 viewsDannyPaddox

Is it too soon to refer to him as Zinedine McZidane?

Dykes - Playing Deeper on 00:37 - Jan 22 with 1139 viewskensalriser

Yes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes - Playing Deeper on 07:37 - Jan 22 with 993 viewsHoopstar

Thought he looked very good in that role.

Promising also was he was pelting it into the box a few times when we got the ball out wide, and looking to get in a position to attack it. When playing as an out and out striker he has that well documented ambling around, stuck behind two defenders lack of positioning sense but I think he'll get on the end more running in from deep.

Fingers crossed he keeps it up there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024