Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highest League Attendances at the JCS 12:51 - Apr 4 with 1951 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Since we've been at the JCS we have exceeded 7,000 fans on just 11 occasions in the league.

Can you recall the opposition and score for any of these matches. And were you there in attendance? Two clubs figure twice.

I think I was at four of the 11.
[Post edited 4 Apr 12:57]

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 13:33 - Apr 4 with 1479 viewsthrillseeker

Possibly

Norwich
Leeds X2
Preston
Ipswich
Mansfield
Southend
Southampton

Need more time to think as struggling with others

Of those listed above I was at all matches
[Post edited 4 Apr 13:37]

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 14:47 - Apr 4 with 1438 viewswessex_exile

Without looking it up, the two I'm certain of, because I was there, are Norwich City and Preston North End. I'm pretty certain Leeds are one of the clubs that has featured twice, though I wasn't at either of them, and presumably Southend should be the other one?.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 14:52 - Apr 4 with 1437 viewsbwildered

Leyton Orient and Millwall

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 15:20 - Apr 4 with 1423 viewsburnsieespana

Mention of Southend reminds me they again face a winding up petition over historic debtvwhich the consortium refuse to pay as does Martin!

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 18:35 - Apr 4 with 1367 viewsthrillseeker

I had to cheat as it was bugging me

I was wrong with Mansfield & Ipswich

From those already mentioned by myself and others these are correct

Norwich
Leeds X2
Preston
Southend X2
Southampton
Millwall
Leyton Orient

Not going to ruin the fun for others to find the remaining two, both of which surprised me.

I was at all 11 matches
[Post edited 4 Apr 18:36]

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 18:48 - Apr 4 with 1343 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Well done thrillseeker although you did have the advantage of being at all of the matches!

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 18:57 - Apr 4 with 1341 viewsnoah4x4

I reckon I have done all 11, plus Lionel Ritchie and Elton John!

I have also been the solo U’s fan on the (standing) open away end at Ebbsfleet FC. Nobody told me that everybody else had bought seats in the adjacent stand.
[Post edited 4 Apr 22:58]

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 21:34 - Apr 4 with 1305 viewsbwildered

Charlton and Wolves

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 21:48 - Apr 4 with 1303 viewswessex_exile

Great work Noah, with Lionel Ritchie and Elton John included too!

My badge of honour is being one of the 52 at Ninian Park in 2001 for a Tuesday night game. We drew 1-1 thanks to Joe Dunne's equaliser in the 87th minute, and then smeared his shirt in anti-climb paint trying to get over the perimeter fencing to celebrate with us. We could have won it too, if Scott McGleish hadn't blazed over in stoppage time, which on balance probably was just as well, we might not have made it out of there alive otherwise.

Up the U's

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 22:11 - Apr 4 with 1299 viewsLeadbelly

Court hearing on 17 April. Will they dodge the bullet again?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 23:45 - Apr 4 with 1263 viewswessex_exile

Ron will already have HMRC in a WhatsApp group chat, so his influence will dodge this winding up order (again), certain of that. Will they survive in the National League with another points deduction though? That's the question.

Up the U's

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 08:33 - Apr 5 with 1223 viewsnoah4x4

I suspect that we ideally might want crowds to be a fraction below (say) 5,000 or be above (say) 7,000, but not in between. I am not sure of the current band where additional costs adversely impact, but the Taylor Report requirements create a situation where, dependent on crowd size, additional costly measures (policing, ambulance, stewarding) increment above a threshold, which if exceeded, means a club then doesn’t break even on higher gates until a higher threshold is exceeded.

I recall managing a charity event at the Oval Cricket ground where we deliberately had to limit public tickets to 4,999 because if we exceeded that number we might lose money as safety and other management costs would soar. As it happened, it rained and nowhere near that number came, but the charity still benefitted from their generosity, thanks to Sir Viv Richard and various other celebrities bravely putting on a match in the drizzle. Sir Viv ran himself out for a duck, probably to stay dry, but did give his time talking to the fans under shelter.

Staffing for once a season sell-outs must be very challenging. I guess stewarding isn’t difficult if the club engages the same company that support Ipswich. However, catering for 10,000+ rather than 4,000 sounds like a recipe for fan dissatisfaction.

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 09:47 - Apr 5 with 1199 viewsTheOldOakTree

I don't think this one has anything to do with the HMRC?

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 10:08 - Apr 5 with 1194 viewsdurham_exile

No it doesn't TOOT you are spot on, one of the creditors is fed up of waiting for their money hence the winding up petition.

Frankly I'm sick and tired of the Scummend situation.
They will once again avoid it but there are serious financial issues at the club that will not be solved in the short term.

Time to focus on the U's getting out of this current mess.

Durham_exile

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 10:31 - Apr 5 with 1189 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The missing two. Well done bwildered.

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 11:08 - Apr 5 with 1177 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The full list.

The Southend game on Boxing Day 2015 surprised me slightly as did the Wolves game in 2013. Also five of the 11 are from the 2009-10 season and only one from our time in League Two. Wonder where tomorrow's game will sit in this list, I'm guessing with E1 and E2 not being used probably outside the top three, would be nice to get over 9,000 though.

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 11:10 - Apr 5 with 1174 viewsTheOldOakTree

I think the amount of rent at the community stadium is also related to attendance figures? So, yes with all the additional costs, a big crowd is not necessarily that wonderful in terms of immediate financial gain. ...but, with an entertaining atmosphere, it will hopefully add a few new life-long supporters for years to come.

The biggest asset any club can have is a big fanbase. It ensures income for years to come.

One of my biggest gripes with Mr 'Walking PR Disaster' is that we have never experienced anything like the increase in average attendance that a new stadium, a rubbish period for the Farmers and the fastest growing City, should have created. I don't buy the 'Colchester is not a football town' argument. If you put on good entertainment and make people welcome, then they will come. Hopefully, with an exciting game and the effects of God's own Cowleys, it can be the start of a new dawn, with a new generation of young fans and the return of some that fell away during the 'lost years'.

Look at the 8,000+ crowds Chesterfield get, and they are surrounded by other clubs, two in the Prem.
[Post edited 5 Apr 11:22]

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 11:21 - Apr 5 with 1151 viewswessex_exile

LOL - saw court hearing in the context of Southend and automatically assumed HMRC. Must be nice for a change to be up against a different legal team.

Crowdwise, it’ll depend on how many travel from Wrexham (and brave the rail engineering works). They were apparently given 1,690 tickets, so with E1 and E2 closed, somewhere around 1,300+ should see us top 9k.

Up the U's

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 11:27 - Apr 5 with 1146 viewsTheOldOakTree

Ironically, I think it is his old legal team that fought the HMRC cases that are now taking action to recover unpaid fees. Priceless!
[Post edited 5 Apr 11:28]

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 11:36 - Apr 5 with 1122 viewsbwildered

Just for info .
National League South saw a record attendance other week of 6.5 K .

Yeovil ( Champions ) v Torquay ( Administration candidates) . 3-0 .

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 13:33 - Apr 5 with 1093 viewsMoor_Pinot

Wonderful night Wessex..... until we got outside!

Moor Pinot

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 15:02 - Apr 5 with 1062 viewsthrillseeker

The Wolves & Charlton games surprised me.

I expect tomorrow will enter top 4 as not sure Hollywood have sold out their allocation plus E1 & E2 are not open

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 18:23 - Apr 5 with 1026 viewswessex_exile

Priceless indeed - they'll know where the bodies are buried

Up the U's

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 21:34 - Apr 5 with 981 viewsburnsieespana

Priceless!

Highest League Attendances at the JCS on 21:36 - Apr 5 with 980 viewsburnsieespana

Don't think it is HMRC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024