Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR 19:34 - Feb 16 with 2242 viewsRANGERS4EVER

What is the game or goal you have regretted missing whilst watching QPR? For example , mine is going for a p1ss then missing the goal vs Derby to make it 2-2 last season
Anyone got a worse one?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 19:38 - Feb 16 with 1486 viewsN12Hoop

I rarely missed a home game throughout the 80's but happened to be on holiday when we beat Chelski 6-0. Still feel sick about it.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 19:40 - Feb 16 with 1471 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Ouch . Your's definitely topples mine

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 19:45 - Feb 16 with 1455 viewsactonman

last season, decided to drive down for the leeds match, just pulled up and got the call ...... no pss up in the bush for me then !

missed cardiff away last season also (work) still gutted about that !

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 19:55 - Feb 16 with 1431 viewsTrom

Missing the Oldham home playoff game because work sent me overseas on short notice. Had to give my ticket to a mate who delighted in telling me its the best atmosphere he's seen down the Rs for many a year

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:24 - Feb 16 with 1404 viewsQPR1882

League cup final in 67, i was 6 at the time.My dad took my older brother ( who was 9 ) and that cnt turned out to be a scum fan.

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:27 - Feb 16 with 1397 viewsBazWoT

I refuse to comment on this thread!!!!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:27 - Feb 16 with 1396 viewsactonman

jeeezus! thats gonna take some topping !

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:30 - Feb 16 with 1387 viewskomradkirk

easter monday versus sheff wed 2-0 down and everything going against us i walked nit long after half time.
heard first cheer as i went in the pub,second when in the pub and the winning goal scored as i went into the tube station.

c'est la vie

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:41 - Feb 16 with 1366 viewsHollowayRanger

fa cup final
fa cup replay
6-0 cheski
the game paul parker scored in
5-5 newcastle
and every away game apart from a couple at wet spam and playoff final

oh and 18 months worth in 92-94 when i was going out with a bit of all right and such was her power over me i forgot football excisted!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:56 - Feb 16 with 1341 viewsDrewster

leaving early at that Derby match, at 2-0 with injury time to play, and we hadnt had a shot on goal virtually all game.
Heard the cheers from outside the stadium and thought it was 3-0, then someone told us it was 2-2!
Gutted
Still believe that game was on of the defining moments of our season.
Oh how times have changed!

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:56 - Feb 16 with 1341 viewsloftus77

It was our school fair in September 1984 on a Saturday afternoon - I had to go because I was playing in the band. Rangers were home to Newcastle that Saturday afternoon - the only home game I was to miss all season.

Heard on the radio that we were 0-4 down at half-time..you all know the rest...

If not, see Holloway's post above.

Still haunted to this day...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:57 - Feb 16 with 1336 viewsCanadaRanger

I missed the celebration parade after we got promoted to the Premiership...

But I guess we all did...

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:02 - Feb 16 with 1327 viewsQPRBrian

One of my best mates stag do was in Hamburg same day/ weekend as the Leeds game last season. Went to 31 games last season and was looking at all the possibilities to squeeze in the stag do and game but no dice, did the mature thing..............gutted every time I play back the you tube footage or hear people mention it.

Missed the whole of Stuart Broads hatrick v India at Trent Bridge last season getting the ale in as well......................

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:08 - Feb 16 with 1313 viewsGetMeRangers

Apart from walking out at 90 at Derby... first and last time I am ever leaving a game early, perhaps the strangest moment was against Bolton at home when home fans were stood in the loft. We scored after 10 seconds and everyone, including myself watched it happen yet not realise we had scored....slowly the celebrations spread down the stands like some Mexican wave and very mutted by the time it reached the school end..... all very surreal

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:08 - Feb 16 with 1312 viewsNeil_SI

My biggest regret to this day was deciding at the last minute not to go to QPR v Barnsley in the FA Cup, seeing as we'd already beaten them 3-1 with John Spencer scoring a hat-trick, etc and I just assumed we'd win and as a wee lad decided to save my money for another league game.

And then Trevor Sinclair scored THAT goal. I'll hate myself forever for missing it.

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:12 - Feb 16 with 1300 viewsQPRBrian

Was that the 7-1 in 81ish?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:23 - Feb 16 with 1282 viewsSonofNorfolt

It was 3-1 about 81ish.

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:29 - Feb 16 with 1267 viewsN12Hoop

Well although I missed the Chelski 6-0 (and the Oldham play-off semi thanks to work) after reading some other comments at least i can say I was at the 5-5 (sitting in front of a bunch of gloating Newcastle fans) and the game Parker scored his 1 and only goal in v. Luton so it's not all bad.
Would love to have been at the 4-1 win at Old Trafford, although if I'd been there we would have lost

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:36 - Feb 16 with 1258 viewsStanisgod

I was at every one of those

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 22:21 - Feb 16 with 1211 viewsloftboy

The first game I missed away at united in 6 seasons was the 4-1

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 22:32 - Feb 16 with 1203 viewsHayesender

Missed our only win at old trafford as I decided to go to the cup game against southampton instead

Missed our only win at Anfield as I got pissed the night before and overslept missing the train

Missed the Newcastle 5-5 as my mum decided to take us on a weekend away to some crappy green place

Walked out of pride park on 88 mins last season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 22:32 - Feb 16 with 1204 viewsMrSheen

My Dad offered me a tenner to drive a fan for him one Easter Monday.

QPR 6 Chelsea 0

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 22:35 - Feb 16 with 1196 viewsTGRRRSSS

you need a few more of these "incidents" this season mate

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 22:46 - Feb 16 with 1184 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 23:04 - Feb 16 with 1168 viewsPeterHucker

I've been there for most things.
A couple of games in particular stand out.
I live up north these days and last season I was planning on driving down to see us play Reading away after finishing work early on Friday. But there was a lot of ice around and I didn't fancy an 8 hour round trip so I decided to watch it streaming on the laptop instead.
I still went crazy when Routeldge scored but every time they showed the crowd shots, I was gutted that I wasn't there.

Going back a bit further, when I lived down south I had a season ticket for about 15 years and only missed a handful of games in that time. Used to go to lots of away games too and I'd never miss a London away game.
But one year, my mates invited me to go away with them to Wales for New Year. I knew we were playing at Highbury but Arsenal were having a really good season so I thought to myself "I've been there loads of times, we're not going to win and this trip to Wales sounds great" so off I went.
Of course, that meant that I wasn't there when Jensen scored. Or Gallen. Or Allen, Or Impey.
As regrets go, it's one of the biggest ones I have. Right up there with selling my ticket to see the Smiths @ Brixton because I was skint and I said "it doesn't matter, I'll see them next time they tour!" I'm still waiting for that next tour!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024