Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Connor - Wolves 22:52 - Apr 10 with 4534 viewsslranger40

Is there something wrong with him, apart from managing Wolves?

He seems to spending his life pleading and holding back the tears.

Poor lamb, someone better call the Samaritans.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Terry Connor - Wolves (n/t) on 13:49 - Apr 11 with 983 viewsrobith

That's not even taking account Wolves' fans' deep love for booing their own team

Terry Connor - Wolves on 13:52 - Apr 11 with 976 viewsslranger40

It's amazing how some threads turn out.

Terry Connor - Wolves on 14:10 - Apr 11 with 962 viewsexiled_dictator

That really is an excellent posting summing up the differences between a club like ours, and a club like Wolves or West Brom a few years ago.
I love the idea of being in the top flight, but there is a price that needs to be paid to maintain membership. The biggest problems we have are:
Our ground is too small. I know I haven't even been there, but I did see it on Google Maps, and I have looked at other clubs and their capacity. If we want to maintain our Premiership status, we need to increase revenue streams and gate fee is a big one. Bigger clubs, more established than us, have moved and done so successfully. If we cannot develop the current ground, then we must move.
Or increase entrance to ground to point that fans will not go. You can argue all you like about actual potential capacity, but 18,000 is not enough. Which neatly brings me to the second biggest problem we have:
you and me, the fans, the supporters, the bloggers. We are a bunch of fickle intolerant people who will never agree on anything. You know the best way to get 3 opinions is to put 2 QPR supporters together in a locked room.
If we had kept Warnock as manager, there would have been uproar.
If we had sacked Warnock & replaced him with Mark Hughes, there would have been uproar.
If we had sacked Warnock & replaced him with Bircham & Gallen, there would have been uproar.
If we had sacked Warnock & replaced him with Pep Guardiola & Alex Ferguson together, there would have been uproar.

QPR supporters know better than everyone else, and although there are some sensible posts on here regarding tactics, finances & opportunities, most what is written can be used as toilet paper. I wouldn't use it, because it is already full of $hit, but you it could be used as toilet paper, and I could sell it in my shop as recycled.
Staying in the Premiership will be the biggest challenge the has faced in years. It will not be cheap, or easy but we have owners who have shown willing to invest, and have shown that they will get it right. Inevitably, it will take a few relegations & promotions to secure our permanent residency at the top, and it will involve leaving our current stadium for a bigger one, and then all the fighting, bitching & disagreements amongst fans will flare up like a disease you caught on a Saturday night out. But it is better to develop a logical long term strategy, than have a knee-jerk short term one.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Terry Connor - Wolves (n/t) on 14:20 - Apr 11 with 954 viewsisawqpratwcity

The best thing about this argument is the serious commitment we are hearing from TF, even in the face of relegation. Under GP/BE/FB (cough, hoik, spit) we had no illusions that they would cut and run, leaving us with those awful GP contracts.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Terry Connor - Wolves (n/t) on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 953 viewsNorthernr

Yes I've been very encouraged by what Fernandes and Beard have said. Essentially they'll try and do what Newcastle did and offload what they can but then make sure they bounce straight back. Not ideal, and very risky if you miss out, but better than it could be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024