Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Terry v Ferdinand. on 10:47 - Jul 9 with 921 viewsSaints_Fan_73

If found guilty, he's finished in football.

Upholding Mongboard Standards of Common Decency (Without Nick I am Nothing)

Terry v Ferdinand. on 11:06 - Jul 9 with 899 viewsSonicBoom

You think?
Those Leeds players did far worse and it had a racial element and even then they carried on their careers.
Other players have gone to the nick for beating up their wives etc, or running people over and they still played on. Football has no morality as long as someone feels you can do a job.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 11:10 - Jul 9 with 891 viewsSaintNick

whilst i tend to agree with most of this, especially the morality bit, I think with anti racism being the big thing in football, it will be hard to ignore it if he is found guilty, having said that he will then appeal which will probably be the end of the season before that gets heard

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Terry v Ferdinand. on 11:11 - Jul 9 with 890 viewsredblooded

I would live to see that fight!

LOVE and PEACE man! not you skate!
Poll: Stoke v Southampton prediction

Terry v Ferdinand. on 11:11 - Jul 9 with 893 viewsTheKraken

From the video it's fairly obvious he says "Anton you f*cking _______ c*nt". It looks like the missing word is black, hence the racial slur. But its not conclusive.

Ashley Cole is the player that passes through shot (and therefore the closest to Terry when he was shouting at Ferdinand), and he has already backed up Terry by claiming that it wasn't racist abuse. That may be the nail in the coffin for the prosecution, if Cole's evidence is used in court (as it surely will be) . At which point the question will probably become "was Cole telling the truth or was he leaned on by Chelsea"?

Terry v Ferdinand. on 11:12 - Jul 9 with 888 views1885_SFC

He won't get found guilty. He's got all the ££££££££££ needed to employ the very best legal brains in the country.

Old School is Cool

Terry v Ferdinand. on 12:15 - Jul 9 with 846 viewsdirk_doone

He could always go to Portsmouth but, as you said, he'd be finished in football.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Terry v Ferdinand. on 12:48 - Jul 9 with 816 viewsGasGiant

The incongruity of racism used as a political tool is a joy to behold. Poor old Kraken quotes "f*cking _____ c*nt" and can't even bear to say the middle word which is the only one of the three words that can used as anything other than an expletive. he then uses it in the next sentence to prove the point which is quite funny. I have often wondered if I went up to Ali Dezai (corrupt ex chairman of National Black Police Association) and called him a f*cking black policeman, what grounds he could possibly have to arrest me for racism. <insert usual disclaimer about not actually being racist here>
Terry is a t*sser by the way - I'm not defending him or his actions.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 12:51 - Jul 9 with 814 viewsTheKraken

Reports from outside the court. John Terry has not denied that he used the words caught on camera "F*ck off, f*ck off, Anton you black c*nt". However, he claims that he stated them in such a way that said "I didn't call you black".

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Terry v Ferdinand. on 12:52 - Jul 9 with 807 viewsTheKraken

I actually ________ the word as I first thought that it could be in doubt that the word was black. I figured Terry's defence would be that he didn't say "black", he said another word. As my post above clarifies, he doesn't deny saying it at all, just the context in which it was said.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 13:10 - Jul 9 with 775 viewsdirk_doone

Ferdinand says he didn't hear the insult during the game. His girlfriend heard it later on YouTube and pointed it out to him. He also admits that he initiated the exchange of expletives and so was probably too busy taunting Terry about shagging his mate's wife to hear any of the replies. They come across as equally unsavoury characters. Maybe they should both be punished for bringing the game into disrepute? Otherwise, it's going to encourage a hell of a lot more taunting and winding up opponents next season.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 13:13 - Jul 9 with 771 viewsSaintNick

taunting or as its known in cricket sledging an opponent has gone on for years, perhaps they have just got worse these days because the likes of Terry are so unsavoury

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Terry v Ferdinand. on 13:22 - Jul 9 with 760 viewsTheKraken

Ferdinand said: "He called me a c*** and I called him a c*** back and he gave me a gesture as if to say my breath smelled.

"I said to him 'How can you call me a c***? You shagged your team-mate's missus, you're a c***'."

I don't think that does anything to dispel the notion that both Terry and Ferdinand are not the cleverest of chaps.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 13:30 - Jul 9 with 751 viewsbill_key

It will be thrown out with a verbal 'slap on the wrists' for all involved. Huge waste of time and money. People call each other names, abuse each other and make use of any perceived advantage. Nothing will be learnt.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 13:47 - Jul 9 with 739 viewsGasGiant

It's alright Kraken mate I was only pulling your leg - wasn't intended as a dig at you just at the absurdity of the current orthodoxy.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 13:57 - Jul 9 with 727 viewsTheKraken

I know what you're getting at, and I kind of agree. But there's also an element of this being racism in the workplace, rather than just a general mild racist comment. So I can perhaps understand why its got this far, but do think it will be an expensive and pointless showing in court, with a conclusion that neither party will find satisfactory.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 14:27 - Jul 9 with 708 viewspatred

Obviously Terry wasn't asking him if wanted a drink afterwards.
But what did he actually say, that is the $64,000 question.
There will be some saying one thing others saying another..without the actual audio recording it can only be at best ambiguous..
Not enough in a UK court to convict anyone!

The FA cannot very well act if he is found innocent, they would find themselves in the dock

Incidentally someone mentioned the Leeds side of the 70's and their form of organised 'sledging'.
It was well known that Revie gave his players dossiers on the oppositions players..
It actually contained personal information to use against them.
Like the names of their wives/ girlfriends, kids, ex wives/girlfriends, even mothers names.
The Leeds players remarks could then have names attached to hurt more.
Remember Kevin Keegan punching Bremner at Wembley (YES I DO KNOW CLOUGH WAS MANAGER) but Bremner remembered KK's missus name and used it to wind him up.
Then infamous LEE V HUNTER punch up.. personal insult again!
They were a 'class act'.
Italians used the same tactics to wind up Zidane in World Cup Final.

Thing is, lots of tasty things are said on the football pitch, and some very personal.. you just got to rise above it
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Terry v Ferdinand. on 14:47 - Jul 9 with 690 viewspatred

watch here

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Terry v Ferdinand. on 14:55 - Jul 9 with 675 viewsTheKraken

"But what did he actually say, that is the $64,000 question.
There will be some saying one thing others saying another..without the actual audio recording it can only be at best ambiguous.."

You miss the point Pat. The actual words in question are not being denied by John Terry. He said (and this is a direct quote from the court) "F*ck off, f*ck off, Anton you black c*nt". That is not being disputed.

Terry's defence rests in the fact that he claims it was said in an entirely different context, inherently questioning if Ferdinand thought he had called him black.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 15:37 - Jul 9 with 651 viewsdirk_doone

There should be a punishment for deliberately trying to get an opposition player sent off, which is basically what this is all about. Perhaps a 2 match ban? I didn't realize that Revie stooped that low. That's changed my opinion of him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Terry v Ferdinand. on 15:55 - Jul 9 with 640 viewsUTS

Reading the extracts i dont think there was any malice whatsoever. The fact hes very matey with cole and other black players doest make him racist. I think its typical of todays society that this situation was blown out of the water by the media.

Poll: Player Of The Season ?

Terry v Ferdinand. on 16:14 - Jul 9 with 625 viewsSkooba

being accused of racism simply for racially abusing another player?

why, it's PC gone mad.

scumcentric

Terry v Ferdinand. on 17:41 - Jul 9 with 604 viewsGasGiant

There's abuse, and then there's M & S abuse.

Terry v Ferdinand. on 19:14 - Jul 9 with 571 viewsemigrant

What I find ironic about all this is that the offence seems to be to call a black man black.

Terry could have called him a coont, prick, barsyteward, arse ole That would all be accepted. The offense is to call him black.

These Politically Correct laws are a licence for the easily offended to take offence. Or for a nasty footballer to wind someone up to such a degree as to react.

How would the law react to Ferdinand calling Terry an English barsteward? I suspect Terry would be told to go away and grow up.

Poll: Who Can Explain Their Investment Procedures

Terry v Ferdinand. on 19:41 - Jul 9 with 561 viewsElvis_pompey

Fook off you paddy coont

I would give up if i were you, with me you are beaten.
Poll: Who is currently winning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024