Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Rochdale where a nobody club " 23:22 - Aug 10 with 5365 viewsTalkingSutty

Scott Wisemans comments in the Rochdale Observer tonight /tommoz. That was the standing of the club before Hillcroft took over and presumably gave players like SW his chance !!

So what was Wisemans standing at that point ? Is it just me, but i interpret those comments as disrespectful and uncalled for. Or should we bow down to Wiseman, accept his comments and just accept that we are a nobody club, i think he is a cheky ba****d !!

Its that kind of comment and attitude that leaves a bad taste in supporters mouths, i hope we stuff them tomorrow.

If its true what he says then Hilly and Flicker and Wiseman where also nobodys and thanks to our club we gave them all the the opportunity to climb up the ladder and as a result they should thankful to our club for that break. Instead they think its our club who have to be grateful, what sad people they are !!

Even sadder, some fans actually think these individuals are right.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 00:07 - Aug 11 with 3377 viewsMoonyDale

The view of Wisearse doesn't differ that much with Hills view of Rochdale before he took over, they are welcome to each other...Egotistic B'stards the pair of em, I hope we stuff them in good style and that Hill gets what's coming to him on his return (and not from the fans)......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 00:22 - Aug 11 with 3352 viewsSandyman

Wiseman was a nobody player until he came to Rochdale. Then he became a good 'un. Without Rochdale where would he be?

Many Barnsley fans think he still is a nobody player.

(No subject) on 00:52 - Aug 11 with 3320 viewsolympicdale

I knew he had this in him, always thought he was much better than he is.

f*ck you Wiseman, cheeky git, he's been found out at championship level, will be back in l1/l2 soon.

so what does it mean that you were released by us then, by this "nobody club" arsehole

this reminds me of the whole "where is rochdale" from Coventry all those years back, hope the same result, an we stuff 'em!.

Life is a game of fate.

(No subject) on 00:53 - Aug 11 with 3315 viewssandylaner1

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 01:31 - Aug 11 with 3291 viewsheywooddale

Didn't he come from Darlington? What kind of club were they at the time i wonder? I know what kind of club they are now. A f**ked one.

And he moved to Barnsley,the sh*test of the Yorkshire clubs. Hardly Leeds Utd are they?

And if i remember rightly he was released by this nobody club. What do you call a player that was let go by a nobody club?

Well Done Scotty, made yourself look a prize tit there!!

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 06:28 - Aug 11 with 3244 viewsdalefan1uk

Dear Mr Wiseman, Don't forget that you left Team Rochdale for a team that was almost relegated itself. How the (so they think) mighty almost fell, no player is bigger than the club apart from those who's heads can't be kicked out of the managers office door. Hope your on the loosing side today nobrash!
In Coleman we trust!!!

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 06:35 - Aug 11 with 3238 viewsClivert

Did the club make it hard for Wiseman to leave when Hill came calling??

I can't remember us doing so, perhaps Wiseman should remember the summer of 2009 when Hill had released him and he was on the footballing scrap heap before luck intervened and Ramsden left for Bradford meaning Wiseman got a second chance with us at a time when no other clubs were interested in him.

He could easily be in the same boat as Adam Rundle right now, literally!!

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 08:58 - Aug 11 with 3138 viewsColDale

"nobody" is a poor word to use, but he's right in a far as we couldn't even be described as a club going nowhere before Hilly took over, because we were heading hard and fast to the Conference. Wiseman was a great footballer for us and as far as I am aware, has always been respectful about Dale since leaving the club. Don't let one word sour the memories because the intent to offend would not have been there.

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 09:00 - Aug 11 with 3130 viewsJumeirahDale

This.

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 09:05 - Aug 11 with 3121 viewsTVOS1907

Agree Col.

There's also the fact that the Ob might not have reported his words accurately, possibly to get a reaction like this.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 09:22 - Aug 11 with 3097 viewsSuddenLad

You are spot on. There's no point in reacting hysterically to what is effectively the truth however poorly it was worded.

We were drifting aimlessly amongst the deadwood of League Two before Hillcroft came and by the time he left, we were becoming a respected League One side who had bruised a few egos and bloodied a few noses.

I don't think for a minute that Scott Wiseman was trying to be offensive or disrespectful to the club. Keith Hill has an ego that wouldn't allow him (publicly at least) to heap praise on either the club or the supporters but I think you'll find if talk to him in private, you will get a different reaction.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 3094 viewsdalenumber2

I should think this is very likely. Never take the press word for word, especially rags like the Ob.

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 09:26 - Aug 11 with 3088 viewsColDale

http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/sport/football/rochdale/s/1488165_rochdal

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 09:32 - Aug 11 with 3069 viewsfirgrovedale51

Whatever, Sutty`s original post is spot on these people did well for Rochdale AFC but likewise RochdaleAFC give them the oppotunity to do well so do they not owe the club?
Also some of those people could have coducted themselves better a lot better!
Lets hope us bad Dale supporters get behind our team and spur them on to victory over our 'illustrious' visitors

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 09:39 - Aug 11 with 3052 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Just said the same to my daughter, he was almost in tears when he saw her with his name on his shirt for the first time, as in his words 'nobody has ever done that'.

Scott has nothing but nice things to say about Dale on twitter, gave his all for us, so i'd back him rather than the local rag!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 10:52 - Aug 11 with 2936 viewswmgunit

Spot on. I wouldn't be surprised if the Observer took his words out of context.

If not, this is an insensitive choice of words from a player who should be more respectful to a club who gave him an opportunity to get to where he is. And I say that as one of Hill, Flitcroft etcs biggest defenders.

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 11:24 - Aug 11 with 2840 viewsSalwaDale

For those with Dale Player here is the full interview.

http://www.player.barnsleyfc.co.uk/latest-news/article/2876394/date/201208091448

He does say a nobtody club, which was a very poor choice of words but it was in relation to asking what effect Keith Hill had at Rochdale. I think he used the words to mean we were drifting towards nothingness.

The rest of the interview was very complimentary about Dale and I, for one, won't turn on him for this. He does seem to have forgotten that Jason Kennedy exists though as he claims he hasn't played with any of our players. You've played with him at two clubs Scott.

They're not the brightest in Hull.

TBBT

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 11:31 - Aug 11 with 2819 viewsChaffRAFC

While I don't doubt that it's purely a poor choice of words, if we take the lead or win the game, we'll have to start a chant of "x-x to the NOBODIES!"

In all seriousness, I can see why people have taken exception to it but knowing how Scott talks about Dale fondly, I'm not gonna hold it against him for what was very probably taken out of context.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 11:34 - Aug 11 with 2807 viewsSalwaDale

How do you know what Scott thinks about football? You are only allowed to know things about players at our club.

TBBT

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 11:35 - Aug 11 with 2804 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

he probably has changed his colours again god bless the devils franchise

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 11:39 - Aug 11 with 2788 viewsSalwaDale

This one?

TBBT

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 11:48 - Aug 11 with 2753 viewsColDale

its a thoroughly respectful interview, and he rightly acknowledges the club's part in giving him his chance to make it.

Watched the Hill interview on there

He's looking more like Jean Reno than ever

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 11:54 - Aug 11 with 2729 viewsSalwaDale

Watching the Hill interview was great, he really does spout some utter rubbish. His arrogance makes for great entertainment.

TBBT

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 12:05 - Aug 11 with 2700 viewspl56

I think we all over react at times to particular snippets of news (I probably did when the news of Adebola's signing came through !) ; its probably because we care so much .

In caring , I was never more concerned about the threat of relegation during 2004/05 and 2005/06 up to Parkin's departure since the really bleak days when mere existence season to season was a triumph . We really were on the road to nowhere , and on that basis , I'm with you on this . I suppose what hurts is that someone who has moved on has spoken the truth ; if Wiseman was still here and was comparing the journey from 2007 , and expressing optimism for the new season , I suspect no-one would complain . Its the context in which the words are reported .

If others are correct about other complimentary remarks made by Wiseman that I can't access , and his contribution over the years , I suspect the wording is careless at worst rather than spiteful .

"Rochdale where a nobody club " on 12:06 - Aug 11 with 2694 viewsSalwaDale

Spot on.

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024