Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where has hughes gone wrong 19:11 - Nov 4 with 4693 viewswittle

1. not getting the commanding centre half in the summer we all knew was needed.
2.bringing in 2 fullbacks that are better going forward than defending.
3.buying robert green.
4 only picking 3 strikers in the squad yet finding room for hogan.

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:12 - Nov 4 with 3901 viewsWeaverQPR

a piss poor pre season which consisted of a few kick abouts against some rinky dinks.

@WeavQPR

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:13 - Nov 4 with 3892 viewsJHoop

There is more to it than these four points, but I agree with 1, 2 and 3.
How has number 3 had any relevance on the last 7 games though?

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:14 - Nov 4 with 3882 viewssmegma

But that was down to the club wishing to sell shirts in Asia and nothing else. I doubt Sparky had any say in it.

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:15 - Nov 4 with 3877 viewsClive_Anderson

Spending too much money so that if relegated we are bummed financially.
Bought in too many midfielders when it was really defender(s) we needed.
Wrong selection/tactics for most of the games.

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:15 - Nov 4 with 3867 viewskropotkin41

1. Completely new team.

2. However, no team stability.

3. Apparently no "best" system or settled "style".

4. Seeming reluctance to select a starting 11 including our best players and in appropriate formations with appropriate tactics.

5. Some bad luck - as has been pointed out elsewhere, we could have had a few more points by now even had a handful of kicks/refs' decisions gone the other way.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:16 - Nov 4 with 3862 viewsWeaverQPR

transfer policy, square pegs round holes.

@WeavQPR

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:18 - Nov 4 with 3843 viewsHunterhoop

Not playing the 4-2-3-1 formation that our squad is so obviously suited to and which got us 5 home wins at the end of last season to keep us up.

And playing SWP....at all.

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:36 - Nov 4 with 3790 viewsMonahoop

Boasting to all and sundry that we would never be involved in a relegation battle again while he is in charge. Egotistic, fatalistic, fanciful dipstick that he is now finds himself in a relegation battle. Should have kept quiet Mr Hughes!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:38 - Nov 4 with 3781 viewsTheBlob

6.He left Wales.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:46 - Nov 4 with 3766 viewswittle

i can only see a spineless 3 or 4 goal defeat at stoke,and that would have to be him finished.

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:56 - Nov 4 with 3742 viewsHollowayRanger

SAYING we will never be in this position again whist he's in charge!

changing far too many players helgerson campbell should both be in 25

zamora cisse johnson all injury prone and yet no real cover

making park captain playing park and swp

playing one striker at home ,lack of disapline

to be honest the list is too long easier to try and think where he's gone right

er..........making sure he got a good fat long contract and plenty of his corholts on the books

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

where has hughes gone wrong on 19:57 - Nov 4 with 3739 viewsCHUBBS

The fact he turned up stating he was interviewing QPR rather than the other way round fills you with nothing but contempt for the arrogant c@nt.
Then by some miracle we stay up after a few home wins and he says this club will never be in this position again whilst he's at the helm.If that isn't blaming the previous regime for his incompetence i don't know what is!
Neil Warnock earn't the respect of our fans and deserved a far longer stay of execution.MH should do the decent thing and resign.

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:00 - Nov 4 with 3728 viewssmegma

If we are still in the mire come May ,then you'd be right. Which is what MH was getting at after the game at Citeh last May. If we had your attitude we would've sacked Ollie in 2002. Then where would we be ??

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:05 - Nov 4 with 3706 viewsJamie

Bought in the wrong areas
Playing the wrong formation
Playing the wrong players

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:16 - Nov 4 with 3680 viewsTGRRRSSS

Letting Heidar go was silly move, but can understand partly why he did given AJ was avaialble then and had he been match fit then things may well have been a little different, however thats the kind of lack of foresight we appear to have. Leaving out Young but keeping Dyer another.

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:19 - Nov 4 with 3663 viewspaulparker

sorry smegna cannot compare Huges to Ollie
yes under ollie we lost to cardiff and vauxhall motors in that period but
Hughes has had the biggest budget in our history and yet doesnt know his best team, doesnt know a captain if kicked him up the rrss, cannot coach a set piece or defend one, he also negative,cannot win away , do not forget the first 30 mins today it was crap, Hughes is taking us down and if ive seen him standing there arms folded while his 2 goalkeeping coaches sit there chewing gum once ive seen it a thousand times ,
bye mark now go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:20 - Nov 4 with 3660 viewsClubber

Deep breath
1 signing two strikers who cant play together
2 no away wins in nearly a year
3 unable to stop his players kicking people
4 unable to produce a solid defence
5 signing crocks or putting them in squad
6 two keepers on massive wages (apparently that was his plan !)
7 having no ariel ability up front ( come back heider)
8 no team pattern (if there is i cant see it )
9 not attacking teams when that is our strength (look what happened at arsenal when we had to attack )
10 producing a team with no character (especially away)

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:21 - Nov 4 with 3651 viewsTGRRRSSS

God help us at Stoke, how will we cope given the struggles today in the air.

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:22 - Nov 4 with 3650 viewsSW17_RRR

including hill, swp, derry, hoggie in the 25 - today there was no depth on the bench..............green shouldn't be in the stadium never mind the squad.

the biggest mistake TF made was signing MH - he's fooking loaded anyway and isn't motivated enough,

I saw martin o'neil outside the ground today, would he be any better?

where has hughes gone wrong on 20:26 - Nov 4 with 3633 viewsHollowayRanger

i know as long as crouch is fit im putting a ton on stoke

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

where has hughes gone wrong on 08:28 - Nov 5 with 3547 viewsderbyhoop

Unbalanced squad.
Needed a dominant CB in May. We got Nelsen. He's been excellent but he is 35 and 3 years past his best. Not getting Dawson looks a real problem now. Was Chris Samba ever a realistic proposition?
Too many midfielders in the squad and not enough strikers. It doesn't look like Derry or Ephraim will ever play. Meanwhile we sell HH (possibly because he knew he wasn't going to get many games and wanted to be playing regularly. Compounded by sending Bothroyd, DJ Campbell, Hulse and Andrade out on loan. Maybe none of those 4 are good enough but with AJ out for the season, any injury to BZ or Cisse leaves us with Tom Hitchcock as the back up.
And the biggest fault - thinking SWP is a Premiership footballer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

where has hughes gone wrong on 08:53 - Nov 5 with 3522 viewsMytch_QPR

It's a clever use of words. By being effectively relegated by January, Hughes has avoided a relegation 'battle' at the end of the season.

I had a bet with a mate who is a Villa fan that we'd be above them when we play on 1 Dec.

Oops...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

where has hughes gone wrong on 09:00 - Nov 5 with 3507 viewskropotkin41

Here's another question, and I'm not being funny, where has Hughes gone right?

where has hughes gone wrong on 09:08 - Nov 5 with 3491 viewsisawqpratwcity

His reputation has almost certainly helped to attract players like Cesar and Granero to the club a) at all, or at least b) for less money, because they assumed that he has prospects for success.

I'm not being funny about that, I think that is a true benefit. It just ain't enough, by a long, long way.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

where has hughes gone wrong on 09:10 - Nov 5 with 3488 viewskropotkin41

Agreed. I don't suppose they'd have come for NW. As you said, not enough.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024