Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 22:47 - Dec 19 with 883 viewscocklebreath

Love em, remember being around 9/10 and listeneing to them on my cassette player whilst playing Football manager on my zx spectrum 48k. The glory days.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 22:48 - Dec 19 with 874 viewsHappy_Jack

I liked them.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 23:23 - Dec 19 with 856 viewsHappy_Jack

Point of order Nick, Frankie Goes To Hollywood never had a Christmas number one.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 23:26 - Dec 19 with 853 viewsSaintNick

I thought the power of love was, but on reflection your right Band Aid probably knocked them back to second place

Im relaxed about it though

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 00:50 - Dec 20 with 842 viewsgeezershoong

A strange uncle of mine bought me the double album 'Welcome to the Pleasure Dome' with the funny montage of the strange animals having sex on the back, my parents were not amused, think I was about 6 at the time. Looking back, it was a weird one, a real Non sequitur gift, I wasn't even in to them.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 05:42 - Dec 20 with 831 viewsst_bangkok

28 years ago i think you will find 'Last Christmas' by Wham was #1 at X-Mas sir.

I liked Frankie but being naive as i was at the time had no idea they were gay for a year or so after Relax was released.

Sometime people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
Poll: 9/11 - Conspiracy or not?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 08:41 - Dec 20 with 814 viewsButty101

No it was definitely Band Aid at number 1

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 11:30 - Dec 20 with 783 viewsUTS

Great music when i was a youngun and think i might have all their vinyl still around.

Poll: Player Of The Season ?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 12:29 - Dec 20 with 765 viewsirishsaint

Worked in Subway records when Relax came out. They played live in the shop, i took the day off :-(
Saw them in Bmouth the following year and they mimed 90% of the gig. A few great tracks that still sound good today :-)

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 12:57 - Dec 20 with 755 viewschasaint80

I was very bored last night and watched a BBC 2 documentary about UK christmas number 1's, Band Aid was number 1, Wham finished 2nd that year and is the biggest selling christmas song never to make number 1, Shakey Stevens decided to delay the release of his x-mas song by a year because he didn't think he could compete against band aid and was number 1 the following year. There was no mention of Frankie goes to Hollywood

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 16:51 - Dec 20 with 731 viewsMelrose

Their version of 'Born To Run' is actually better than Bruce's, if you've not heard it.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 22:37 - Dec 20 with 697 viewssteadyeddie

I did think that Relax was the climax of their career.

Poll: Away Games - Should You Sit/Stand in the Seat you Purchased ?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 23:08 - Dec 20 with 688 viewsArthurHucksake

Are you deaf ? Their version doesn't hold a candle to
Springsteen's.

I know for sure you are he. No question about it. You are rude, agressive and angry just like doc was. You fool no one lambkins.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 23:09 - Dec 20 with 684 viewsArthurHucksake

I thought the power of love and two tribes were terrific songs very powerful and emotive , the rest of their output was shyte.

I know for sure you are he. No question about it. You are rude, agressive and angry just like doc was. You fool no one lambkins.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 23:49 - Dec 20 with 667 viewsPatfromPoole

Welcome To the Pleasure Dome is an immense track. I thought that and Relax were two of the ultimate songs of the 80's decade.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 23:57 - Dec 20 with 663 viewsArthurHucksake

Shows how everyone listens to music or perceives it differently I hated those two tracks.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 04:59 - Dec 21 with 652 viewsTijuanaTim

My daughter was little at the time and called them Frankie Goes On Holiday

Look out the Saints are coming through and it's all over now baby blue...
Poll: Saints Greatest Traditional CF

Frankie Goes To Hollywood on 05:46 - Dec 21 with 649 viewsst_bangkok

Yep, rated two tribes and pleasure dome a bit more than relax......but as said above a few times, most of their other stuff was not much to behold...

Sometime people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
Poll: 9/11 - Conspiracy or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024