Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 12:03 - Feb 11 with 916 viewsRednWight

I agree with most of that but to be fair to Adkins the players might have needed to adjust to the higher league
Also I think our season took a great turn for the better when Jack Cork returned to the team

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 12:11 - Feb 11 with 907 viewsbig_buddaH

Fair points, and obviously it was a learning process for all. The team and Adkins were showing a good improvement up until the sacking, but I still think the outlook is a lot brighter now. The new styple of play has brought out the best in the players, and the managers positive attitude helps.

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 13:24 - Feb 11 with 858 viewssaint22

That's a pretty fine evaluation actually and for us to be looking up is better for morale and confidence

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 13:27 - Feb 11 with 855 viewspatred

football is funny ole game.. had Man City had not been so generous ( Hart and Barry)
how different would the posts on here have been ?

ONE SWALLOW ETC...

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 13:29 - Feb 11 with 851 viewssaint22

True enough but if that donkey ref ad given us a penalty then we could be even more optimistic.......

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 13:49 - Feb 11 with 818 viewsSt_Guido

i totally agree with your assessment & although I have a lot of "love" for NA & his achievements, i do believe our prospects were limited in the PL under his leadership. MP will attract many more top players & we now stand a chance of becoming, sustainably, a top half of the table club in my view. Cortese has not put a foot wrong strategically so far & I'm happy to back him 100%.

Poll: What would you choose as our Football Club's official name?

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 13:51 - Feb 11 with 813 viewsSonicBoom

Pat we played well against Everton, away at Man U and for the ost part away at Wigan. We have now picked up points against City.
Football is always if's and but's.

Yes they gave us a big hand. But regardless of that, overall, we played better than them and deserved to win. Had we not then you might have a case.

Seriously Pat if you can't enjoy days like that then you might as well give up being a Saints fan.
If we climb the table will you be happy, or still resentful?

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 15:15 - Feb 11 with 768 viewspatred

who says I am not enjoying these days.. you and others are making sweeping assumptions about me.
I remember some of you luvvies saying you didn't enjoy the PL when weren't picking up points, and you wanted the championship days back.

And do you know what, I DON'T GIVE A TOSS IF WE PLAYED WELL OR NOT.. it's points that count, and they count more in the top league.

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 15:29 - Feb 11 with 748 viewsSonicBoom

1. I'm not a "luvvie" so who' making sweeping assumptions now? I certainly never said I didn't want prem football, that was Boris etc.
2. Yes points count and we got them against City. You were hinting that we were somehow lucky and you commented "one swallow" etc. That indicates you are not convinced which is fair enough - but that's why I suggested you should just enjoy the moment and not worry about the future for a while.

Lastly Pat, "who says I'm not enjoying these days" ?
Oh come on Pat. I don't have a go at anyone on here, every has their own opinion but you are nearly always negative. Constant references to Cortese, Reed, the club etc etc and even beating City and you had reservations.
You may well be the happiest smiliest man in the world, but your posts show you are more interested in the politics rather than just watching and enjoying the games. If you don't like that persona then start posting about some things you do like about the club currently.

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 16:23 - Feb 11 with 714 viewsemigrant

Pat you claim far more experience in professional football than I have. But what puzzles me is why you seem not to speak with that type of clarity.

ManCity, generous??? Were they really??

Here we have the English national goalkeeper, meaning the best Englishman between the sticks alive today in goal. A team full of expensive players? So what happened??

You give no credit to Ricky. On a wet shitty afternoon he strikes a ball fiercely with spin. Due to the conditions and the force of strike Hart fails to hold on. The ball spins from his hands. Now what errors on the side of ManCity places Steven Davis in a position to take advantage???? Did they step aside and politely point Davis to the ball???

Again because of conditions Hart fails to halt Jrod's shot. It spins off and Punch pounces. No credit to Puncheon???????

Barry puts the ball in his own net. Why??? Because he has been harried and hounded all over the field. he believes he is under threat of imminent attack so attempts to play a safe ball. No credit to Saint's continual harrying of City players???

Do you recon our swalow will be shot down by Newcastle and QPR. If not Pat thats another 6 point's. MP is actually doing slightly better with us than he did with Espanyol.

Poll: Who Can Explain Their Investment Procedures

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 16:34 - Feb 11 with 709 views1teeminants

Yes Jack Cork made a tremendous difference to the team and has been outstanding since he came in but for me the main difference to the team was when our brililant youngster Mr Luke Shaw was selected which gave us a better shape, a better defender and a lot more confidence to the back line.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 16:18 - Feb 12 with 630 viewspatred

Emigrant, I cannot help it if you look for things in my post to have a pop at me.

I was merely suggesting that we don't get too far ahead of ourselves with that welcomed win, and pointing out the vagaries of the game of football.

Reasons to be Cheerful - Part 1 on 06:15 - Feb 13 with 590 viewsst_bangkok

Sadly it seems for some reason Emigrant does just this, all he does in recent months is look for ways to get at people who do not agree all is rosey. There are many similar on here, who seem to attack anyone for saying anything less than happy clappy ecstatic glorious SFC etc. One is not allowed to question anything with some.

Sometime people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
Poll: 9/11 - Conspiracy or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024