Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Here they come again on 07:31 - Feb 26 with 1189 viewspatred

What you have factor in also is the premium price that homegrown players can demand as the new ruling for quotas comes into affect.
Teams with a very high ratio of foreign imports (like Chelsea) will be falling over themselves to get British youngsters in the next two windows.

You recall Lowe did well with Walcott? Are you kidding! He was actually chasing after other clubs to buy him, offering lengthy payment plans with little up front.
It was after his infamous 'inspection of Arsenals training facilties' he sold Walcott at a very favourable price to Arsenal and a 7 year payment, with no sell on clause!
Fooking Dick Turpin could have learnt a lot from Rupert.

It's fair to say I have little time for Cortese, but at least he demands blood from any club trying to get our players.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Here they come again on 13:49 - Feb 26 with 1086 views1teeminants

ive said it before and ill say it again.

Nicola Cortese is here to build saints into a top 6 team and he will fight tooth and nail to keep any promising talent and our best players. People may scoff at that thats up to them.

The only way players like Shaw will leave is if they are unhappy and their prospects are limited here or if their parents really wanted them to go which i suppose could happen as it did with Oxo. Shaw is playing regular premiership football at Saints and is representing his country too. I suppose Shaw may be upset about Adkins going who knows ? as usual we are all guessing.

On the flip side players like shaw will see whats happened to Bale, Oxo and Walcott who are all stars now lets be honest and all playing for their country and champs league football {.Bale will when he signs for Real Madrid ffs}

Shaw will go eventually maybe in a couple of years .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Here they come again on 01:16 - Feb 27 with 1048 viewsbig_buddaH

I would rather keep Shaw for more than a couple of years, but on past evidence we will need to do better than before to hold on to him.

Pat, I know there was concern about the way Walcott left, but I thought we got 12 million for him, although just under alf was staged according to appearences for Arsenal and England (did they ever pay up) . In retrospect that doesnt seem too bad as he was recently valued at only 20 million. Maybe you can set me straight with the details.

Here they come again on 07:41 - Feb 27 with 1023 viewspatred

Walcott orignal fee was £5m raising to £12.5 m with add ons.
The £5m was being paid in 5 installments every two months. So Walcott actually left here after a paymentn of £1m !!!!
April 2008 Rupert Lowe and Micheal Wilde were co chairman... both approached Arsenal for an early settlement. Although there is some ambiguity about that.. Wilde since claims Rupert approached them, and Ruprt..visa versa.
Whoever done the deal, we only got a further £700k from Arsenal and agreed to forgo any sell on fee...
so in answer to your question we got £5.7m for Theo in the end.

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Here they come again on 11:40 - Feb 27 with 978 viewsbig_buddaH

Thanks for putting me straight. We woz robbed. I see why you think Rupert didn't do a good job. Hopefully Cortese will do better with Shaw and those on the conveyor belt to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024