Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:16 - May 14 with 615 viewsHappy_Jack

Has emigrant officially flounced off this forum? I read some discontented postings of his over the weekend. This would be right up his Strasse.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:18 - May 14 with 600 viewscostasaint

Yeah the British never did anything wrong in Ireland,nothing at all.
In fact we are perfect and the British empire was loved by all.

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:26 - May 14 with 589 viewsdune

What's with all this "we"?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:27 - May 14 with 585 viewsWints76

Tbf Costa, sometimes the black and tans got a little boisterous. Particularly whilst watching football at Croke Park. Other than that, our history in Ireland is impeccable. We even made people who could barely stand comfortable before shooting them in Kilmainham Gaol.

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:36 - May 14 with 567 viewsCapt_Koons

A Good film.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:37 - May 14 with 564 viewsdune

Indeed

Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:45 - May 14 with 542 viewsHappy_Jack

I have to admit I first read the OP as Michelle Collins, who I preferred as Cindy Beale in Eastenders.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 19:57 - May 14 with 529 viewsdune

I notice all the bicycles have mud guards, whoever decided these were unfashionable and not a fundamental necessity has done a huge disservice to cycling fraternity as well as the occasional user of this mode of transport particularly given the inclement weather to which we are subject with regularity.

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 21:44 - May 14 with 470 viewsperfectday

The English and Irish get on fine, forget about the w-nkers in Hollywood. I really love being English, but I am aware of some of the things we did in the past that were not good.. the slave trade for instance help built Bristol and Liverpool. Learn your history, good and bad, and liberate yourself from those chains that bind you to guilt and blind hatred.

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 22:06 - May 14 with 450 viewsGasGiant

You should judge the British administration by the standards and attitudes and understandings of the time, not of now, or you might as well regard every 19th century nation in the world as barbaric monsters and Mel Gibson as an insightful historian. The British were not perfect but were more enlightened than most. When things went wrong - and they did - it was more often due to stupidity rather than outright cruelty, though there were exceptions. You don't have to polarise the argument - it is a spectrum.

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 23:15 - May 14 with 423 viewsRichardMilgate

I 100% agree with you but we should never forget it was not only the English who were there trying to enforce their ideas upon another country. Although the English make up up over 80% of the what is now known as Britain, the English have never and never did invade The largest island closest to England.

Hamwick was destroyed by the 'Irish' but these days we'd call them Vikings. Why, I ask my self, don't the people of Hampshire and more importantly of Southampton, after dinner ladies were killed and their families suffered, look into our history? But there again we could question our education system. The one that doesn't teach us about our own culture and history and prefers to keep us under the Norman Yoke.
Well that's just my point of view.
Thank you for yours

Looking forward to the day Hampshire is a free independent republic but till that day I'd settle for inter-English counties sporting events.

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 23:19 - May 14 with 419 viewsRichardMilgate

sorry for a few of the writing mistakes. I hope you can still understand it. If not, tell me and I'll explain.

Looking forward to the day Hampshire is a free independent republic but till that day I'd settle for inter-English counties sporting events.

I'm just watching Michael Collins on 01:23 - May 15 with 405 viewsirishsaint

Michael Collins was a peaceful man who wanted to end violence in Ireland.
I love the way you are behind the actions of the british authorities, killing Irishmen and Woman in 1916 and 1922 and 1957 and 1971 and 1975 and infact most years since then. What did you expect them to do, lay down and take it up the arse?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024