Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock's book 22:36 - Jun 9 with 2157 viewsgjc104

Anybody bought it/read it yet?

I bought it yesterday and my daughter is reading it now...seems a decent read...she tells me.

Warnock's book on 23:40 - Jun 9 with 2101 viewsNeil_SI

I did on Friday and have finished it already. It's not the best book I've ever read, but it's an enjoyable read all the same.

It offers a decent perspective on what football is like at the various levels and how it has changed or evolved over a period of time from Warnock's experiences.

Warnock's book on 00:14 - Jun 10 with 2052 viewsJigsore

well it was never going to be a rip-roaring blitz of modern story-telling going by Warnock's columns in the independent, but since it's especially relevant to us I suppose we'd enjoy it even if it was very poorly written

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Warnock's book on 03:52 - Jun 10 with 1997 viewsstuabd

I'm half way through and you're right it's not that well written. It's ok, but so far at least half of the book seems like a regurgitation of his Saturday articles in the Independent. There is a lot of stuff that I've either read before or heard in pre/post match interviews. I suppose I shouldn't have high expectations, but anyway, it's ok and quite enjoyable.

Warnock's book on 07:47 - Jun 10 with 1882 viewsJeff

Yep, like Neil bought it on Friday and finished it last night.

agree with various posts that it's not the most well written book in the world, but it does give a good insight into his two main seasons with QPR - the promotion one and the first one in the Premier League. about 80% of the book is about those 2 seasons, bookended with a bit about Palace and Leeds either side.

it's worth a read purely because it is about QPR, but there's nothing particularly revelatory in the book -confirms that Adel is impossible to train, often went missing in the week, but was amazing on the pitch and therefore tolerated; Warnock *really* wanted to sign Kyle Naughton on about 50 different occasions; SWP didn't get on with Warnock and treated him with contempt; Flavio tried to make Warnock sign all sorts of random foreign players and wouldn't let him sign the English ones he wanted.

Can we not knock it?

Warnock's book on 15:16 - Jun 12 with 1572 viewsA40Bosh

what I liked about it was it appears to have been written solely by him and not a ghost writer, as some of the vocabulary and the choice of words were very much his way of talking and it was very easy to read it with his voice in your head as a result.

If anything, my only criticism is that he does not allude to too many failings on his own account and admit to making many bad decisions (perhaps only one or two)and he puts much of the lack of achievement down to not having enough money to spend wherever he went.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024