Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! 15:34 - Aug 15 with 5654 viewsgjc104

Just thought I would share this with you...

Ordered my daughter's new shirt a few weeks back when you were offered a reduced rate for pre ordering. So, plenty of time before the season starts, fully expecting the shirt to arrive before the Shf Weds game.

After a few emails back and forth the shitr was out of stock, new stock due soon etc etc. Had an email this am saying, stock had come in but not enough, as such my daughter's shirt will be despatched on or around 29th Aug!

I have sent a s snotogram by reply. That will be 10% of the games gone before the shirt arrives and demanded 'compensation'. Additionally I have emailed the club to make them aware and my daughter is tweeting people she follows including our Tony.

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same issue?

Anyways, just an FYI for you.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:36 - Aug 15 with 5637 viewswombat

sounds usual but as im way to fat to wear a home shirt ill never know what the ordering service is like these days

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:37 - Aug 15 with 5636 viewsRblockPrior

had a feeling that was going to happen thats why I got mine first game of the season

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:43 - Aug 15 with 5596 viewsToast_R

Happens every year when the shirt is decent and a large Korean following isn't predicted.

I'd cancel your order mate to be honest and just buy one when they've pulled their fingers out their own arsehole.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:43 - Aug 15 with 5595 viewsgjc104

Thought I would beat the queues by doing it online. Wont make that mistake again!

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:48 - Aug 15 with 5572 viewsMedwayR

They said at the time of the offer that pre-ordered shirts wouldn't be despatched before 7th August so you should've been aware that it wouldn't arrive before the Sheffield Wednesday game. I pre-ordered the home & away shirts and both arrived on 9th August.

Once new stock had come in your order should've been prioritised & despatched, I don't understand why there wouldn't be enough stock to despatch your order, I can understand that they will want plenty of stock in the shop for the Ipswich game but they should've taken that & your order into account when ordering new stock.

Poll: Who’s better?

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:55 - Aug 15 with 5548 viewsgjc104

Its the constant, stock due tomorrow, stock due in a few days, stock not due till stuff that is irritating. If the shop isnt too busy on Saturday, I will buy from there and then cancel the order.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 16:01 - Aug 15 with 5530 viewsMedwayR

Have they charged you yet?

They only decided to take the money from my credit card yesterday, nearly a week after delivery, I was starting to think I'd got a freebie!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 16:04 - Aug 15 with 5522 viewsstowmarketrange

Why do we always seem to have the same problems year after year?
Do other clubs make their plans earlier than us on sponsors and kit manufacturers?
Surely with the potential for big bucks being spent on replica shirts nowadays,it should be sorted out earlier so that we can a good supply in before each season starts.
I would be annoyed too if I'd ordered it online to get it early,only to be told that it won't be sent out until August 29th.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 16:12 - Aug 15 with 5492 viewstinhead

I ordered my shirt as part of the promotion and it arrived last week.

I had an email from them telling me the shirt was dispatched and it arrived 2 days later so have no complaints.

Puny God!

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 16:57 - Aug 15 with 5394 viewsdaveB

to be fair it did say when you ordered them they would not be sent out until the 7th at the earliest. If you wanted it for the first few games would have been better to buy it in the shop. For me it was worth saving a tenner and waiting a few weeks.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 16:59 - Aug 15 with 5391 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lovely top I have to say, best I've bought.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 17:08 - Aug 15 with 5379 viewsDWQPR

The club remains a shambles right the way through. Four days before the Sheff Wed game I contacted the box office as I hadn't received my new season ticket, nor had my daughter and son who live at the same address, nor may father, living at a different address and nor had my brother who lived at another different address. So that is five season ticket holders at three different addresses with the same surname. I was assured by the box office that they had been sent out on 23rd July by the company dealing with the printing and the distribution of the tickets. Two days later they had still not been received. Once again I contacted the box office and the girl I spoke with again told me the same. I told her that it was nigh on impossible that five tickets for the same family sent to three different addresses could not have all gone missing and she wouldn't have it. She then said that they could reprint the tickets themselves and they could be collected the next day. I asked for this to be done. To date none of the tickets have arrived, which suggests to me that the distribution of the tickets has always been down to the Box Office and nowhere else, and they f*cked up.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 19:45 - Aug 15 with 5240 viewsJHoop

And this constitutes the club being a shambles right the way through? I hardly think so.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 22:06 - Aug 15 with 5134 viewsHunterhoop

But it does.

I've run larg operations and these sorts of things get my goat. It's just incompetent.

Basically club operational processes are either flawed or not being followed. It's as simple as that. Managers should identify this and correct the processes.

All operations have problems but it's the old adage: once is forgivable, twice is not.

This is the sort of business operation a commercial man like Beard should be all over. Instead he's talking about signings. CEOs are there to run business. They should employ and hold accountable people to run the different business areas and run them well. Complaints should be treated VERY seriously. That should be the ethos.

Year in year out we see the same problem and you can only conclude: poor leadership.

Financially it pales into insignificance compared to Granero's or Bosingwa's salary...but this sort of basic operational incompetence, that even corner shops dob't exhibit, IS evidence of poor management.

Good businesses are run well from top to bottom, from the smallest transaction to the largest.

I'd love to work for the club and sort this sh*t out. I can guarantee the quality of people facing off to QPR staff in these areas will be far superior in brains and competence and they'll be taking the club for a ride.

We're not the only ones in football though, I grant you.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 07:51 - Aug 16 with 4985 viewsJHoop

5 season tickets not being sent out does not do constitute a complete shambles from top to bottom when there are close to 10,000 of them being sent out, extremely annoying-yes, and perhaps a mistake, but not a complete shambles.
Mine season ticket turned up on time, as has every other ticket I have ever ordered and I don't ever recall having a problem with the mail order, therefore I would be more inclined to say the club is well run in these areas.
The thing is, none of us have been behind the scenes to see the various procedures in operation and we only have other people's complaints to go by. People are far more likely to post a message or complain when things go wrong, but not so many will post to say they have recieved something in the post from the club in reasonable time. For every complaint we read about, I'm sure there are 99 others who are happy customers.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 10:47 - Aug 16 with 4914 viewsstuartqpr

my shirt arrived in melbourne today. Nice shirt but bloody tight almost under armor like material. Shittu would have looked menacing in it.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:16 - Aug 16 with 4860 viewsHunterhoop

But mistakes shouldn't happen as regularly as they do. Every year the club have problems with children's kit selling out or not being ready for the start of the season, and a percentage (however small) of STs not being sent out and of selling out of stock in the catering facilities, etc.

We shouldn't congratulate the club on doing the absolute basics most of the time.

They should be doing better. The compliant the original OP made does constitue a shambles. If you don't think it does, you have quite low standards when it comes to service....

It could be improved. If something could be improved you should look to improve it. In numerous business areas we haven't. Talking or shiny new grounds and big signings isn't much use if you can't run a basic merchandise operation completely seamlessly.

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:25 - Aug 16 with 4841 viewsdolcelatte

Shirt problems are usually down to the supplier. Change of supplier next year should see an end to that particular problem.

Season ticket - agreed very annoying but there are those who would say based on their experiences of Mr Brent, oops Beard that businesses run in spite of him not because of him.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 15:30 - Aug 16 with 4836 viewsTGRRRSSS

It can't be that difficult to send out 10,000 credit cards (what ST looks like now) every year surely to god, 3 seperate these should be ready to go BEFORE they go on sale.
Personally I dont generally order things from the club online preferring either in person or at least the telephone when buying tickets and the like. A shirt or anything Id def buy in person so irrelevent for me, BUT the club will be losing money if it cannot produce the items which people will buy etc.
What the hell is Beared doing anyway?

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 17:28 - Aug 16 with 4760 viewsgjc104

Just to say, I have had a call from the guy who runs the online shop and he has arranged for a shirt to be put behind the counter at the club shop for tomorrow for me to collect. oNce I have it, I will cancel the one on order.

It was good of him to call me himself, so I appreciate that.

Next year will be better....he promised!

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 00:24 - Aug 17 with 4693 viewsfinney

If the five season have failed to come when paid for no matter how many we have that is poor no matter what.
And lets face it if it was any of us we would be going mad about it.

Pleased the club shop got in touch and sorted it

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 08:06 - Aug 17 with 4639 viewsJHoop

If you read my comment, what I actually said was that one problem with a delivery does not constitute the club being a shambles throughout, and I was making no reference what so ever to the original post. I would be disappointed if I had not recieved something I had ordered, but it does not constitute a shambles throughout.
Coventry City is a shambles throughout, Glasgow Rangers could be considered a shambles throuout. QPR a shambles throughout be be be because a few people's mail orders are not quite right..... Is that what you honesty believe HunterHoop?

If you were asked to give a yes or no answer to club being a shambles throughout, what would your answer be?

Online shirt sales - Pathetic service! on 10:16 - Aug 17 with 4599 viewsHunterhoop

Semantics. A shambles? Yes. A "shambles throughout" in the way Cov are? No, of course not.

My point around incompetence and it needing to be addressed is still completely valid though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024