Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the anti harry brigade 11:13 - Aug 18 with 8925 viewswittle

early days but 7 points from 9 ,a comfortable cup win ,team spirit building nicely,big earners out the door, more players to come,
come on we know your out there.

the anti harry brigade on 12:07 - Aug 18 with 1475 viewsRanger78

I'm not really sure what the point of the original post is?? I'm in the anti Harry brigade, and not afraid to admit it.

The post seems to suggest that if you don't like HR then you want us to loose???

I hate the man and have NEVER wanted him to be part of our club. I hate his constant spouting of rubbish, his desire to refer to us as "them" and his constant self preservation, his apparent short term planning. I also still think he should have kept us up last year... if he was anywhere near as good as some people think ? I hate the the fact he took zero responsibility what so ever.

But none of that means I won't support my team in exactly the same way I always have and that I don't want us/him to win every game we play.

Of course, if we get promoted, ill respect the job he's done and his efforts and I'll say well done but I'll still hate him.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2013 12:20]

the anti harry brigade on 12:13 - Aug 18 with 1456 viewsWatfordR

Brave calling people mugs and prats behind your keyboard aintcha?

the anti harry brigade on 12:14 - Aug 18 with 1452 viewswittle

steve for england, oh hang on a minute.

the anti harry brigade on 12:15 - Aug 18 with 1446 viewsWatfordR

Yeah i thought as much. Soundbytes only.

the anti harry brigade on 12:16 - Aug 18 with 1445 viewswittle

ha ha you love me really

the anti harry brigade on 12:20 - Aug 18 with 1428 viewsWatfordR

Sadly, you are wasting your time on here. Anti Harry = anti Rangers. You hit the nail on the head with your point re his use of "them". Discussions about players are always about they will do for "you" not "us". It's what Harry is all about. Himself. Always. And everyone and everything else is irrelevant.

the anti harry brigade on 12:28 - Aug 18 with 1406 viewsRanger78

Exactly, it's the all about him that I've always disliked.

I'm not naive and I realise that pretty much everyone in football is about them-self to an extent , not many really care about their clubs and would move on given the choice but at least most aren't so open about it. It wouldn't be hard to have more respect for your club, chairman and fans by keeping your mouth shut and at least pretend you care about what might happen in the future.

Like you say, it seems that some people seem to think if you hate Harry, then you must not really like QPR... madness

the anti harry brigade on 12:30 - Aug 18 with 1403 viewsessextaxiboy

There really is no point , you will never change your views .

You put yourself in a no win situation . To be proved right the team has to fail .

the anti harry brigade on 12:33 - Aug 18 with 1392 viewsRanger78

I don't mind putting on record that I personally will dislike Harry Redknapp no matter what happens and that includes if we won the league by 20 points.

Like I said before, I'll still support the team in the same way , I want us and him to win every game but I would still rather someone else to be our manager.

the anti harry brigade on 12:35 - Aug 18 with 1389 viewsstansleftfoot

Football is a world of cliche, and opinion but what is clear is that the Management of a Championship Club is full of un-explained results and promotions.
QPR have lived in a topsy turvey world since we came up to the Premiership with a bunch of creaking old-uns, journeymen and Adel Taarabt.
There is no doubt that Harry Redknapp has a way of throwing together a team rather than just a haphazard group. He seem's to be taking a pragmatic approach, keeping Fernandes happy and creating a group of the Right Sort's. So far we are getting results, some Luck has gone our way, we've never shown ourselves to be entirely assured of what we are doing on the pitch. That's always going to be the way at this stage of development with so many changes underway, but for the first time since Warnocks Championship side I think we have a strong spine. Green looks up for it ( with reservations ) Dunne and Onuoha, Henry and Barton, and Austin. Other Redknapp additions O'Neil, Simpson, the inclusion of Faurlin, all are improvements footballwise and teamwise. The inclusion of Schteeve M seems to be flowing into football to feet and from the back.
I can't see what's not to recommend HR currently, I think we can all see the problems ahead and it's these next three to four weeks when we need the results whilst also expecting HR to pull a Roberto Prosinecki or Paul Merson out of the bag.
Harry Redknapp is a very experienced Club Football Manager and what he does is repeated every where he goes. What are our ambitions? All of a sudden we are talking as this band of brothers are going to get QPR promoted back up....it's a very long way yet, given our apparent bad luck, inability to score goals, lack of depth and repeated hamstring injuries, there's much more work for HR to do. Great work so far, I don't know of another Manager who could do what HR is currently attempting.....maybe Holloway, but he's busy! Sit back and enjoy, HR has my support naturally and he appears to have the Chairman's too, which is much more important.
I frankly looked at the QPR side at 5 to 3 yesterday and couldn't see a goal and couldn't see a clean sheet....this is a half built side, a side in transition. That necessarily creates a strange dynamic, and it's seen most clearly in watching Bobby Zamora play football...we cannot afford to hang our hopes on this old Bull Elephant for much longer. The King is dead, Long Live the King! Respect to the man but he needs to graze on the pastures of Harlington and let a new Bull range alongside Austin. Now's the time Harry!

the anti harry brigade on 12:42 - Aug 18 with 1384 viewsPinnerPaul

So its a "bit early" to start feeling good about the start but it was perfectly Ok for people to predict the end of the world when the pre season performances weren't up to their standard?!

I also saw several on here saying we HAD to beat Sheff Weds, someone said it would be a disaster if we didn't win that one and even the usual sensible Clive said he couldn't see where we would get any other points in August if we didn't win that.

It seems to me, generally, that its prefectly OK to go completly over the top if a a player or the team have a dodgy 30mins but those of us who are actually quite happy with the start are told "Its only early days"

As I said yetserday I do wonder why some of you bother.

the anti harry brigade on 12:42 - Aug 18 with 1384 viewsJonDoeman

I say what I see, you'll get over it ,and carry on I expect. Wontcha?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2013 12:43]

It Is What It Is !!

the anti harry brigade on 12:45 - Aug 18 with 1378 viewsPinnerPaul

That's the classic opinion that all managers have to live with.

Good performances are down to the players, bad ones are down to the manager!

the anti harry brigade on 12:45 - Aug 18 with 1375 viewsJonDoeman

Exactly my point , he's backed himself into a corner. And fcked his QPR credentials up in the process .

It Is What It Is !!

the anti harry brigade on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 1373 viewsJonDoeman

Will you put on record that so far it looks like he's doing a good job turning it around? Watford can't bring himself to do it!!!!!!

It Is What It Is !!

the anti harry brigade on 12:53 - Aug 18 with 1262 viewsdubaistu

If they came, why do you want to sell them? If they're good enough they will stay and if not they won't be worth anything?

the anti harry brigade on 12:59 - Aug 18 with 1255 viewsCiderwithRsie

Redknapp feels like Jim Smith to me - no mug, but doesn't seem to have a love for the club, not really interested in developing young players, not tactically innovative. I didn't like the way he angled for the job, but I like it a lot less that there wasn't much choice, which is not his fault.

But we are where we are, and its a lot better than I expected. I'd credit McClaren with a chunk of the success so far, because he has a fine rep as a coach, but that doesn't devalue Redknapp to me - just seems sensible to get a good coach to coach [and keep him away from the top job]. I'm pleased with both the players going and coming.

What I don't buy is the idea that we'd be better spending 3 years rebuilding in the Championship. It could easily come to that [or worse] but the idea that you can pick your time to get promoted is madness. If we get a chance we need to grab it.

the anti harry brigade on 13:01 - Aug 18 with 1254 viewsRangersw12

Because if we ever want to be self sufficient we need to buy young players and sell them for profit

That's how we used to do things in the 80's and 90's so I can't see why we can't do that now

the anti harry brigade on 13:05 - Aug 18 with 1240 viewsRangersw12

Some people need to take their rose tinted Rangers glasses off and accept you can criticise the club and still be a fan

the anti harry brigade on 13:11 - Aug 18 with 1233 viewsTW_R

Yeah but the problem is your hatred of Harry has completely blinkered any suggestion of a balanced view of how he or the team are doing. I made it clear i didn't want Mark Hughes as our manager but when he joined I didn't come on here after every game slating him and repeating the same thing in every post I made.

As already noted, your posts have now become so predictable that your abiltiy to write anything credible will always be in question.

the anti harry brigade on 13:12 - Aug 18 with 1228 viewsessextaxiboy

By the same token , The anti Redknapp posters need to read the OP and realise its all facts

the anti harry brigade on 13:19 - Aug 18 with 1219 viewsRangersw12

Very true hence my original post in this thread

the anti harry brigade on 13:24 - Aug 18 with 1215 viewsRanger78

Yes and I always will because I'm a QPR fan and I want us to win.

I'm still angry that he took zero responsibility for last year but that all said and done, the results on the pitch this season speak for themselves and its difficult to argue so well done so far.

To be really honest, for the kind of salary he is on, I think we have the right to expect him to be doing a good job?

I do find it sad that a man who obviously cares about our club so little gets so much respect. I think it is fair to say that everything he does is about putting his own career back in the highlights without any long term thought for our future.

I suppose that is the way football has gone, everything is short term people only seem to care about now! I'm a bit of a romantic, we're QPR, not Man Utd, we're never going to be European Champions but there is something special about supporting a club like ours and I just don't think Harry big Mouth Redknapp fits our club and its traditions

I do find it sad though that if you dare criticise or dislike Harry, it's as if you are anti QPR

[Post edited 18 Aug 2013 13:30]

the anti harry brigade on 13:32 - Aug 18 with 1209 viewsTheBlob

What precisely is the "tradition" of the club in this context?
We've had big mouths before,one notably espoused the view he bled green and white when he managed Plymouth.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

the anti harry brigade on 13:52 - Aug 18 with 1184 viewsessextaxiboy

Its a simple enough principle , get behind the bloke looking after our team . Like him of not . If you think he is a spiv fair enough but at the moment he is our spiv.

I happen to think Redknapp fits with the traditions of people like Jim Gregory and Terry Venables . His salary is not his fault .

At least you used the word dislike , the use of hate is way OTT .

What would it take to change your mind , about his football credentials at least ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024