Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil 15:56 - Sep 22 with 2996 viewsmrcrazycat

1. This was the most awkward ground I have ever had to get to and from and I live in bloody Devon. Hardly any public transport to or from the major railway station serving the town centre and one tiny little bus from the town centre to near (not to) the football ground. I think getting to Bury on a Tuesday night would have been easier. No taxis to get me from the town centre to Yeovil Junction after the game as there was only one bus an hour and so had to take the walk of death through a jungle to the station. I went to sleep that night with the noise of cars skidding as they spotted me just in time coming round the bends ringing in my ears.
2. Who were the morons throwing flares onto the pitch? What a bunch of tossers. This does the club no good and caused un needed agro. Everyone had been well behaved and were having a good day out until then.
3. Green, Hill and Dunne played out of their skins in defence. Traore at times looked class-maybe he had something to prove.
4. The whole team/squad looked up for it. Jenas very competitive in midfield was an unsung hero yesterday.
5. We will play much better than this this season and lose and so grinding out results like this is what is needed in this league.

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 16:39 - Sep 22 with 2893 viewsWestonsuperR

Interesting observations. Will have to pick you up on one of them, 'the whole team looked up for it, ' I didn't think they did at all. We were outplayed for long periods of the game by a team that hasn't won a point or even scored a goal at home all season. Didn't think there was any urgency and no one from our midfield did enough to create or close them done.

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 20:03 - Sep 22 with 2642 viewsWestbourneR

First up i completely agree the flares were embarassing - and lit by one total knobber amongst a bunch of knobbers. All dressed up in little checked shirt faux mod clothes being loud even though not one of them was actually funny. Prats. Nearly ruined the game but then the actual game managed that on its own.

But then i have to seriously question your tale on the football. In fact I find it hard to think we were at the same game!

Simpson, Green and centre-backs aside the team was the opposite of up for it. We were pathetic for the most part and outplayed by a bunch of League Two cloggers.

And one of the worst offenders was Jenas. His chance to stake a claim and he walked around having no influence on the game. He was a joke.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 20:29 - Sep 22 with 2545 viewsQPR_Donald

I also travelled over from Devon (Plymouth) and sounds from other threads like I was fortunate to be taking the train in the opposite direction to the 18.29 Waterloo one!

Don't get to many games so largely depend on this forum to keep in touch with all things QPR.

So going with my own eyes yesterday, have to say I don't get this whole anti-Jenas thing!
Agree with the OP, particularly in the 1st half he was an unsung hero. Goes without saying, Dunny was MOM with Green close behind.

Wouldn't dismiss "little old Yeovil" as a bunch of Div 2 clobbers either. I'm sure they'll take a lot of points from our rivals as the season progresses, and hope they can now start to turn it around and pick up the points they need to stay up.

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 08:39 - Sep 23 with 2100 viewsNeil_SI

I actually thought Jermaine Jenas was more involved than normal, albeit, his performance was at a contrast to what you think his qualities are. He got in a few nice tackles, but his passing and distribution were poor, and usually you'd associate him with these things the other way around. He was a little overrun in the midfield as well, and we didn't do a great job of taking care of Yeovil players picking up the ball in-between the lines. In the end, he should be pleased to have got those minutes under his belt as he'll need them to try and push on.

I was disappointed with Armand Traore. He's not played much, so maybe it's related, but his first-touch was often clumsy and poor and I didn't think a great deal of his decision making on the day either. It was a big opportunity for him to lay down a marker and make a statement, but I don't think he made the most of his opportunity and especially after being withdrawn with yet another knock.

Danny Simpson probably had his worst game of the season, where he struggled and kept giving the ball away as well. But it was just one of those days for him, he's been a consistent performer to date and the way the match went contributed to his problems. The lack of movement and passing options for him and Benoit Assou-Ekotto often led them to making riskier passes that in turn meant we lost possession. Interestingly though, Simpson's crossing from deep was fairly decent, but his crossing when asked to run onto the ball and whip it in was poor. He never got the right technique on those ones and therefore no height, and they often just hit the first man. I'd like to see us work him into positions to cross from deep as I think they're much more effective for us, and gives us opportunity to knock the ball down and demand support from runners in from behind.

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 09:41 - Sep 23 with 2037 viewsLambourn

Jenas was awful as always the same as wright phillips both have lost the only thing they had PACE so waste of time playing them. the flares were stupid after last week but the biggest disappointment for me is where is the f ing BEER BEER BEER BEER. surely yoevil could do with the money for a roof for us in the away end. fingers crossed we will not be returning.

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 10:05 - Sep 23 with 2001 viewsNorthernr

I thought Jenas was bloody crap as well, but then I'm not his biggest fan.

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 1952 viewswestberksr

thought the whole midfield was poor coinsidering the quality of the opposition. seeing as our lot consdier themselves premiership and the Yeovil team are supposedly not in the same league they gave aus a good game.

had they just kicked us up in the air you could understand it, but a neutral would struggle to see the difference in the alleged quality between the two sides.

if we ever kick into gear and start playing well we could do pretty well in this division
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 10:29]

A few obsevations from the game at Yeovil on 10:30 - Sep 23 with 1946 viewssevenhoop

Jenas, shocking, as usual, pretty in parts but will never "run" a game. But Carroll might as well not been there.

Austin is unfortnate not to be listed as a tryer. The last two games he has had no proper suppy and no support at all (avctually, make that 3 because Zamora 'played' the game before that.

Up for it? Did anyone have a good look at Matt Phillips. Looked to be carrying his arm from midway through the first half and didn't seem to want to be on the pitch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024