Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? 23:12 - Oct 13 with 3623 viewsgjc104

Websites seem to recommend getting an overground train to South Bermondsey as it is 5 mins away and has an away fans only walkway.

As we will be coming down from the North as usual, and usually park at West Ruislip, where can I pick up a train that goes to South Bermondsey?

Or are other people using the tube to go to Surrey Quays?

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 23:20 - Oct 13 with 3610 viewsgjc104

Looks like I might be able to get a Tube to London Bridge and then pick up the Southern Rail Overground train to South Bermondsey???

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 06:59 - Oct 14 with 3545 viewssmegma

Be aware the Northern Line is closed for almost its entirety so to get to London Bridge you will have to use the Jubilee Line.

People living in Uxbridge/Ruislip areas the Met/Piccadilly lines are also closed out that way but the Central line will be ok from West Ruislip.

London Overground is closed via Canada Water/Surrey Quays/New Cross.

Nearest tube station to the Den open is Canada Water on Jubilee line, nearest railway station open is South Bermondsey.

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 15:03 - Oct 14 with 3310 viewswombat

Anyone else reckon it's a trap set up by millwall get us all coming in by the same route then they'll napalm us as they are proper naughty boys you know

Poll: which is your favouite foot

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 16:24 - Oct 14 with 3247 viewsM40R

Yeah, tube to London Bridge then to South Bermondsey via Southern Trains. The walkway to the away end is covered in an earlier thread.

For those like me and the OP coming from the west, the TFL journey planner shows a time of 1 hr 4 mins from West Ruislip. Not bad.

But remember to bring entertainment for the post match 45 minute lock-in! Hopefully Clive's imminent Travel Guide will have the full detail...

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 17:07 - Oct 14 with 3202 viewsgjc104

Thanks All....Will look to get to West Ruislip earlier than usual. Usually takes me 2 1/2 hrs to get to there so looking at 3 1/2 to 4 hrs each way.

On another note, and apologies if it sounds a stupid question, but as an 'outoftowner' Im not sure if I can use my Oyster Card on Southern trains/Overground or will I need ot buy a separate ticket...dont want to get done for trying to ride for free!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 17:09]

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 17:39 - Oct 14 with 3171 viewsWatford_Ranger

If coming from the north it'll probably be better to go from Stanmore tube on Jubilee to London Bridge.

53 mins from Stanmore to South Bermondsey say TFL.

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 06:49 - Oct 15 with 3030 viewssmegma

You can use your oyster from London Bridge to South Bermondsey.

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 13:36 - Oct 15 with 2959 viewsgjc104

I assume Stanmore Tube Station has a car park?

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 13:58 - Oct 15 with 2938 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

It does. And also plenty street parking. Check restrictions though.

Edit: Just called them. It's £2 all day weekends and £5 Mon-Fri for station car park
[Post edited 15 Oct 2013 14:14]

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 15:23 - Oct 15 with 2895 viewsWokingR

Apart from the odd and very obvious complete knob it always amazes me what a good bunch we have on here.
All credit to you Sudbury Hill for going that extra mile to help out a fellow Ranger

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 15:37 - Oct 15 with 2881 viewsgjc104

Seconded....cheers all!
Appreciated.

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 15:44 - Oct 15 with 2875 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Very welcome chaps. You'll usually see answers re travel from myself or Smegma as that's very much our department.

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 15:44 - Oct 15 with 2874 viewsRblockPrior

totally agree, very helpful bunch and always someone willing to give useful advice. All and all a well run and great forum

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

How are folks getting to Millwall who live outside London? on 15:54 - Oct 15 with 2864 viewsWokingR

And with tits on a friday too !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024