Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:06 - Dec 23 with 770 viewsDel_Bianco

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2378319/Southampton-chairman-N

I don't wait for 5 defeats in a row to happen before I sack the manager, I do it before then'

Our leaders words. 4 defeats in 6 and one win in 9.

I'm not saying its the right thing to do but Is this any worse than Adkins did with a newly promoted team and with out £35m worth of new players.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 11:35]

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:10 - Dec 23 with 763 viewsSaintNick

We will soon find out if the "vision" is still on or whether Pochettino will go the same way as Pardew and Adkins, it is our worst run in four years

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:34 - Dec 23 with 739 viewsDel_Bianco

We're now seeing a similar side to what Adkins had to manage last season and we're getting similar results and performances.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:41 - Dec 23 with 724 viewsButty101

Any team that has Gazza, Hoover and fox in it is starting a goal down. Ive actually defended hoover and thought the 2nd half of last season did a reasonable job. This season however he has been awful and is a liability.

I thought the team in general where very lethargic yesterday.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:41 - Dec 23 with 724 viewscostasaint

"the problems with the side are all about leadership and tactics"

I don't think that is the case. The problem is our squad is not good enough.
Fox, Yoshida, Guly, Gazziniga and Hoovield are just not good enough at this level.
Alex Ferguson or Mourinho probably wouldn't do any better with that class of player.

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:42 - Dec 23 with 722 viewsSaintNick

It could be said that we are getting worse results, i dont think we had a six game run last season when we only got two points under Adkins, even at the start we still got three out of the first six

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:43 - Dec 23 with 720 viewsDel_Bianco

As i said, that was what Adkins had to out up with this time last year.

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:47 - Dec 23 with 711 viewsButty101

In that case i concur

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 11:57 - Dec 23 with 700 viewssaint22

+1

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 12:00 - Dec 23 with 694 viewsSaintNick

It is very easy to blame it all on individual players, however the very fact they are playing actually proves the point it is about leadership

Since getting to the Premiership we have probably spent about £60 -£70 million so surely we should have the basis of a decent squad, but we havent because so much of it has been squandered.

Ramirez - £12 million
Osvaldo - £15 million
Yoshida - £2 million
Forren £3 million (yes we got some back but his signing on fees and wages would have been a significant outlay)
Mayuka £3 million

Thats £35 million on players who have contributed very little, this is why we have to play the likes of Fox & Guly who do nothing wrong but pull on a shirt and do there best.

The big questions should be asked of those who have spent all the money but left us with a poor squad, that is all about leadership

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 12:17 - Dec 23 with 676 viewsPecky3

I entirely agree. In the Spurs game Gazziniga, Fox and Hooiveld were all awful and do not look up to standard at this level - sad fact! We need some new cover in Jan especially goalkeeper and central defence.

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 22:00 - Dec 23 with 581 viewsOnhishead

Agree sort it Poch

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 05:03 - Dec 24 with 531 viewsSango123

There is a difference here. Sir Alex and Mourinho would probably have got rid the players after seeing their performance last season. They would probably sold them off in the summer and get replacements. It is easy to always blame everything on injuries but the whole squad is selected by MoPo. He has as much blame as the players for keeping them in the squad and selecting them

Saints V Spurs The Verdict on 09:00 - Dec 24 with 481 viewssainti

But Cortese didn't get rid of Adkins just because of a poor run of results. He looked at the bigger picture and felt that Adkins was not the man to take us to the next level. He thought that MP was that man. Whether he proves to be is another matter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024