Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still have Vinyl? 08:46 - Nov 27 with 392 views1953Original

I still have about 500 7" and 100 12" in my loft - missus is always telling me to remove them but am loathed to do so!

More than one million vinyl records have been sold in the UK so far this year - the first time the milestone has been achieved since 1996.

The figures mark a largely unexpected resurgence in an industry now considered to be dominated by digital.

Earlier this month, Pink Floyd's The Endless River became the fastest-selling vinyl release since 1997.

The Official Chart Company told the BBC it will soon launch a weekly vinyl chart.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Anyone still have Vinyl? on 08:55 - Nov 27 with 390 viewsBFC_Tim

Have loads of vinyl still and do still buy some - Piccadilly Records in Manchester is decent for vinyl.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Anyone still have Vinyl? on 11:50 - Nov 27 with 378 viewsLala

I have a very long story, and for once I won't elaborate.....but it led to me buying a second hand vinyl copy of Frankie Goes To Hollywood's, The Power of Love, a couple of weeks ago at Skipton market. This is the only vinyl I have.

My daughter is now getting me a record player for Christmas and I may start up some kind of retro collection.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Anyone still have Vinyl? on 13:32 - Nov 27 with 356 viewsAllezBlackpool

For our Yorkie exiles, there is a new bar in Bratfurd that sells craft beer, ham and records

http://therecordcafe.co.uk/

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Anyone still have Vinyl? on 20:09 - Nov 27 with 335 viewstangerinemoss

Still got a few, nowt to play'em on though.

And, as a link to the Fylde, do you all know that the development of Vinyl for records was completed at ICI Hillhouse in Thornton. My Dad was on the team and had one of the very first batch pressed, unfortunately it was lost in a house move, must have been worth a bomb.

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Anyone still have Vinyl? on 20:45 - Nov 27 with 329 viewsTejas

Me and Mrs T have about 150 LP's and 250 singles between us. Some of mine "were" considered rare back in the day. Such as the original Quadraphenia (early 70's) by the Who. I got offered £50 for it in 1979 (almost a weeks wages for me then!) but I turned it down. I'd assumed it was worthless now given the addiction to clinical digital - but after reading the Guardian article who knows. Not that I'll ever sell, you just can't beat the crackle of vinyl. I just wish I could get a half decent deck for a half decent price. They're either the price of a second hand car or a piece of junk being sold under the guise of "retro".

Anyone still have Vinyl? on 22:04 - Nov 27 with 314 viewsWizaard

Loads of vinyl, none of which is less than 25 years old.

Recently bought a USB turntable which converts the vinyl into digital for playing through other media.

Anyone still have Vinyl? on 22:11 - Nov 27 with 309 viewsPlumbs

SSP has a vinyl cat suit with matching rubber boots I'm told. Pastel coloured just in case anyone was wondering.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024