Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Icon or any London Seasiders please help. 12:48 - Feb 3 with 1886 viewsThaliasdad

Travelling to Norwich from Macclesfield with my two princesses on friday,arriving at Euston but need to get a connection to Liverpool st station, can someone advise my best options as never been to Liverpool st before. Many thanks

Icon or any London Seasiders please help. on 13:18 - Feb 3 with 1872 viewsblack265

Going to Norwich from Livepool street this Saturday will involve a 75 minute bus ride so i would suggest you go to Kings Cross and go via Cambridge as BASIL are doing.

Icon or any London Seasiders please help. on 13:30 - Feb 3 with 1864 viewsThaliasdad

black265, i am going on friday as staying with family for the weekend and returning via Ely on the sunday.

Icon or any London Seasiders please help. on 13:41 - Feb 3 with 1860 viewsOsbourne

You need to do your homework here if the line between Liverpool Street and Norwich means changing from train to bus back to train. This of course would be laid on by British Rail, so is doable, if annoying.

If some people (basil) are going via Cambridge to avoid this, then look into this.

The line between Liverpool street - Ipswich - Norwich is being worked on, so often, stretches of it can be closed at weekends, although usually Sundays. It's the line that goes right past the Olympic Stadium and they started improving the line in anticipation of this and have never stopped since.

If you do go via Euston - Liverpool street, then tube is thus :
Northern line Euston to Kings Cross, then Hammersmith / Circle / or Metropolitan lines to Liverpool street.

If you are going to go via Cambridge (a la Basil), I think that is out from Kings Cross which you can walk to from Euston, or If you have luggage, Northern line Euston to Kings Cross. It is not far to walk, but far enough to be a pain if you have luggage or it is cold and raining.

Hope Pool win, good luck, it is a long journey!
Clark is taking the Pool side down on the milk train, first thing Saturday morning. Saves a bit of money for Karl!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 13:58]

Icon or any London Seasiders please help. on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 1841 viewsThaliasdad

Osbourne, thanks very much for the info. Thankfully i am travelling on Friday and as such should miss all the problems with buses etc

Icon or any London Seasiders please help. on 14:05 - Feb 3 with 1838 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Thalia, only just seen this, but Osbourne's advice is spot on. Euston to KX is no more than a 3-400 yard walk.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Icon or any London Seasiders please help. on 14:38 - Feb 3 with 1825 viewsThaliasdad

Icon, cheers.

Icon or any London Seasiders please help. on 16:21 - Feb 3 with 1799 viewsOdinsRaven

I'd just get a taxi tbh. Can't be doing with all the great unwashed on the tube
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024