Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT : gay marriage 21:04 - May 23 with 1951 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Overwhelming vote to allow it in Ireland. Will this help drag the Roman Catholic Church out of the Stone Ages?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

OT : gay marriage on 21:22 - May 23 with 1934 viewsMr_Brightside

As a gay man it still depresses me that a quarter of the country voted No. Guarantee most of them had religious persuasions - the all loving, all forgiving, all encompassing church is still one of the most bigoted organisations in the world. In any other walk of life it would be outcast and the court would rule against such prejudicial views but because it's still bought in to by the great and the good (or the numpties and idiots) then it operates within it's own rules.

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with religion (if that's your bag) but don't push your views on others that homosexuality is some sort of evil, warped, twisted and unacceptable way of living your life (maybe start with paedophilia when you're looking at the true evils .. although that might be a bit too close to home).

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

OT : gay marriage on 21:30 - May 23 with 1926 viewshopinandwishin

Well said Mr B.

OT : gay marriage on 21:31 - May 23 with 1924 viewsribble

It often astonishes me how the Church continues to get away with blatantly discriminatory practices. How and why should a CoE school (for example) be legally allowed to refuse entry to a 4 year old on the grounds their parents are not practising Christians? Outrageous.
[Post edited 23 May 2015 21:35]

OT : gay marriage on 23:12 - May 23 with 1885 viewsMephistopheles

I suppose they remain 'comfortable' with their point of view and won't be making radical amendments to their standpoint whilst the coffers are so well looked after.

Despite the massive change in the world and how its citizens feel about certain subjects, too many religions sadly trails behind in the dark ages/a comfort zone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024