Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radical approach to education or common sense 09:18 - Apr 13 with 189 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1113686/Education-news-Co

Unless I’m missing something sounds like this lady’s doing a fantastic job to me. Bringing values such as personal responsibility, a sense of duty and obligation back into our schools is a massive plus.

The ethos of inclusion and patriotism works for me too 👍

Politicians could maybe start to take more seriously what she’s achieving as it will serve in bringing about a less divided and more morally principled next generation.

Love it

Edit to add she ‘s also rockin very funky hair 👍
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 9:21]

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Radical approach to education or common sense on 10:32 - Apr 13 with 168 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Going to come at that article from a different angle.

I'm one who thinks that schools should be about education. Teaching about personal responsibility, sense of duty, patriotism and other such "values" should be a parents/family responsibility.

Can't understand this "turn back the clock 50/60 years" bit. When I was at school (mid 70's to early 80's), it was like a war zone. Most kids left with little or no qualifications. Think kids today are way better behaved and educated than back then.

Also remember the 70's/early 80's as being the time of massive city riots, casual street violence, open racism, football violence (remember once being chased from Bloomfield Road down to Blackpool South train Station by some of our own skinhead "fans", for having a rock against racism badge). Also people carrying stanley knives and flick knives was common then as well.

I've always thought not singing a national anthem or raising a flag each school day is actually a strength, showing confidence in a national identity. You tend to get flag raising and song singing in countries, from countries that are fairly young, trying to forge an identity (think USA), or countries trying to brainwash a population (think Nazi Germany, or China now).

Finally on to the Headteacher herself, you don't make non political speeches at party conferences. That was more about "free schools", and no mention in the article about the number of problems in these schools (falling standards, being taken over by radicals, etc....).

Could really carry on and bore the lot of you to death, however my hot cross buns are going cold now.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Radical approach to education or common sense on 13:19 - Apr 13 with 156 viewsLala

Interesting points Red.

Though with an ofsted excellent rating surely it’s delivering the academic requirements too.

Agree regarding parents being responsible, however not all parents are up to the job and some fall way short.

I think it’s her attempt to unite one and all as one nation that impresses me too. But definitely the core values she’s promoting I salute.

Oh and did I mention I love the hair 😍
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 13:29]

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024