Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on last night 21:43 - Aug 13 with 425 viewsWizaard

For me it became clearer that try as they might, the team just consists of individuals at the moment, and we're even short of those.

There's an international break in the first week in September. Before that we have four games. Given where we are, in effect, that's our preseason. Pick up anything and it will be a bonus. Once we get to Sept 13, the season starts in earnest.

Until then the team and manager need to be given time to sort the mess out.

Last night, we struggled for cohesion understandably with a back four who probably hadn't even trained as a unit. Unsurprisingly we struggled all evening.

The positives were that Miller is still the player who used to terrorise us. If he stays fit he'll be a real force. Clarke was solid all evening and can be the leader the defence need.

The support did exactly that and backed the team throughout while understandably giving the Oystons some grief.

I went to a new ground. That's it as far as I'm concerned.

For self inflicted reasons, we're playing a 40 game season compared to everyone else. We need to be supportive and I still believe Riga can give us a season to remember for the right reasons.

Thoughts on last night on 21:50 - Aug 13 with 411 viewsSeasider91

I agree with you on the team of individuals part Wiz. There is currently no chemistry between the players and they are simply strangers to each other. This is, as you say, basically our pre season.

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

Thoughts on last night on 22:33 - Aug 13 with 370 viewsalberttatlock

wont all the other teams still be ahead of us and in truth cos of you know who we're doomed.

'envy of the league' - idiot

Thoughts on last night on 22:46 - Aug 13 with 352 viewsElGringo

Wiz .... Anything to say about Zenjov ?

I've seen him being accused of impersonating a footballer elsewhere.

Thoughts on last night on 23:01 - Aug 13 with 335 viewsDon_K_Lasher

Zenjov was first off and for good reason.

He just didn't get involved or particularly threaten.

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024