Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finally 21:53 - Sep 13 with 895 viewsWizaard

We're off the mark and fully deserved. I thought we played well, keeping a dangerous Wolves attack relatively quiet while maintaining a threat, particularly on the break.

We're also trying to play a decent style, putting it to feet, sometimes a bit too much, with a number of moves breaking down at the edge of the area before we got a shot in.

Defensively we looked solid and have clearly worked on it during the break. The Oriol brothers looked like they can also bring the ball well and give us attacking threat.

Lundstram started slowly but grew into the game, as did Orlandi.

Up front, Ranger won plenty of headers and linked up play, although he was caught offside far too often in the second half.

All in all, a decent allround performance that we can build on.

For what it's worth, I thought the crowd played their part, giving plenty of support to the team while making the point about the Oyston's stewardship without antagonising half the following. Riga was lauded to the skies quite rightly.

Where do we go from here? For me, Oyston must reconsider and compromise, bringing Riga onboard and allowing him to take us forward. I've said it before ; if he stays we can comfortably get out of our current predicament.

Lots of positives. Let's build on them Tuesday.

Finally on 22:13 - Sep 13 with 871 viewsbfcpete

It will be good to get Cubero and Mellis into midfield

Finally on 22:18 - Sep 13 with 863 views1953Original

Agree about Cubero - he will add something different to midfield - and agree Wizz - KO and JR need to bang their heads together and get this sorted!!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Finally on 22:21 - Sep 13 with 858 viewsWizaard

Performances like today make it harder to sack him. It won't help anything. Based on previous comments, it would appear the issue is with Riga's agent. Performances like today will surely see Oyston take the pragmatic view that Riga is better in place rather than yet another change.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2014 0:02]

Finally on 08:21 - Sep 14 with 783 viewsTwoPhillips

Yeah I've heard the problem is with Riga's agent who just because he's on Twitter somehow has made him a favourite with Blackpool fans!! Quite why he would achieve this status for bludgeoning off other people's talents is beyond me.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Finally on 10:24 - Sep 14 with 765 viewsstraightatthewall

Definitely a big relief to finally get off the mark and a clean sheet is a positive too. Don't concede and you've always got a chance.

Please explain one thing to me though. Where does the agent come into this and why is he the problem?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Finally on 10:31 - Sep 14 with 755 viewsronsonmg

With that little bit of quality that a fit Mellis and Cubero can bring to the team, things may start to pick up. Maybe Koko will allow Jose to try for some Prem youngsters.

Finally on 10:38 - Sep 14 with 752 viewshertfordseasider

Agreed Wiz, I am wondering what the agent has to do with it too?

This site is slowly improving, I prefer a more reasoned discussion, I hope it continues to improve.

Finally on 10:45 - Sep 14 with 747 views20togo

Agree Wiz.

The key in all this is once again Karl Oyston. He has to eat some dollops of humble pie and sort out his differences with Riga. For the good of the club we need Riga in charge and within reason KO backing him.

Finally on 10:52 - Sep 14 with 741 viewsWizaard

Straiters

Weeks ago, Glenn was on Talksport referring to Swiss Bank Accounts etc. I am surmising that deals were being made that involved Riga's agent taking a share that Oyston wasn't expecting or prepared to pay. That's where the falling out came from.

As 20s says, Oyston will have to eat some humble pie and get some kind of rapprochement with Riga, or we're really in trouble.

As it is, a win could see us move out of the bottom three

Finally on 10:57 - Sep 14 with 738 viewsSirHarryThomson

My thoughts exactly like yours 20s. One thing in Riga's favour is that it would cost money to sack him. As Oyston does not like spending money and if the team can build on that performance surely Oyston will see the light. Also you would think, even though he is thick skinned, that all the hostility aimed at him must get him down. To replace Riga would be madness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024