Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points by halfway stage of the season 08:32 - Nov 11 with 493 viewsBigbrother

I think we all realise that unless we're on about 20 points after 23 games then we may as well pack up and prepare for life in League One, so what chance is there we can get to that total. Here's our fixtures and may be worth seeing what we all think.

Sat 22 Nov 3:00pm Bolton Wanderers H Three Points - think we'll be well rested and ready to go
Sat 29 Nov 3:00pm Rotherham United A One Point - Again - bit of momentum and I can see 1 point

Sat 6 Dec 3:00pm Birmingham City H Three Points - think Clark will have a point to prove
Sat 13 Dec 3:00pm Charlton Athletic A Nothing
Sat 20 Dec 3:00pm AFC Bournemouth H Nothing
Fri 26 Dec 3:00pm Sheffield Wednesday A Going to go with 1 point for Xmas Cheer
Sun 28 Dec 3:00pm Rotherham United H 3 points - Benefit of the doubt

So I make that 11 points at best 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats (which looks unrealistic when written down with what we've achieved so far) which is 18 points which would make an almost impossible second half of the season. Convert the two draws in to wins and we may have a chance.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Points by halfway stage of the season on 08:34 - Nov 11 with 490 viewsWizaard

If we can get to around 20 points, I'd say a corner had been turned and we'll have a chance. That would be 13 points from the next 8 games.

Points by halfway stage of the season on 11:41 - Nov 11 with 474 viewsSTHolder

Bar the Bournemouth game all winnable - get his best XI sorted and stick to it and no reason we can't go on a run and take off points from those above us. Strange no midweek games?!

Points by halfway stage of the season on 12:22 - Nov 11 with 459 viewsstraightatthewall

2 wins, 2 draws 3 defeats. 8 points from 7.

There's no chance whatsoever of us staying up.

We'll need promotion form with a side that will be AT BEST bottom third material. Lest we forget that 1 point at Fulham doesn't mean a corner turned, particularly when it was sandwiched between 2 poor performances where we were well beaten by sides who themselves hardly looked special.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Points by halfway stage of the season on 15:03 - Nov 11 with 402 viewsmoney_money_money

0 wins 2 draws 5 defeats is my prediction and to be fair its the only one that comes anywhere near realistic so far.
Going down finishing bottom with lowest ever points total, oh and wait for next season, you've seen nothing yet!

Points by halfway stage of the season on 15:14 - Nov 11 with 400 viewsHodderSeasider

We will need to win every other game to stand any chance of staying up. I just can't see that happening!

Points by halfway stage of the season on 16:37 - Nov 11 with 392 viewsOsbourne

Don't panic yet.

Thank goodness no points penalty for the Donovan Daniels fiasco!

Last season Birmingham stayed up with 44 points.

Pool have 29 matches left. Possible 87 points. Pool currently (after 17 matches) have 7 points. Therefore 37 more points needed. This simply means, 12 wins and 1 draw from the outstanding 29 matches.

To my mind, it doesn't matter when they come, just so long as they come!

Points by halfway stage of the season on 17:03 - Nov 11 with 382 viewsstraightatthewall

Very true, but I think you've forgotten to ask 'how are they going to come...?'

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Points by halfway stage of the season on 17:50 - Nov 11 with 368 viewschesterbfc

Younger Supporters without the experience of our dips will not know that for many years ,2 pts a win, was always 19pts needed by the end of December. Bloomfield Rd always helped us thro Jan,Feb, and March ,so bloody cold !!!! So what,s new???

Points by halfway stage of the season on 18:48 - Nov 11 with 356 viewsKOSBowlCut

Osbourne - just because of where everyone else is I doubt anywhere near 44 would be enough - everyone is taking points off everyone else and will be one of those 'don't need 70 to get in the Play Offs' but 'need about 50 to avoid the drop' years.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Points by halfway stage of the season on 13:01 - Nov 12 with 342 viewsSTHolder

Spoke to a Leeds fan today who said we'd be lucky to get half a dozen wins all season - optimism and realism are often easily confused.

Points by halfway stage of the season on 13:36 - Nov 12 with 334 viewsOsbourne

KOSBowlCut,

I know, I know, I Know!

Whilst Birmingham stayed up 2013-14 with 44 points, Doncaster were relegated with 44 points.

However, at the moment 44 is a lot closer than 50! So my post was very much, lets get to 44 first and then look again! Blimey, after 17 games we only have 7 points!

I still think that Pool can save the day this season. Lee Clark kept Birmingham up last season - just! All Pool need are a string of results. Do not panic.....................yet!

Points by halfway stage of the season on 08:36 - Nov 13 with 308 viewswe_are_Superior

Strangely I was comforted hearing what Riga had to say about this squad - there's not much quality in there but if they can just cut out the stupid mistakes, take their chances and IF Clark can sort that left back place out then if we can get back to within 4/5 points of teams by the end of the year then who knows ...

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024