Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? 13:07 - Dec 13 with 1644 viewschesterbfc

Just a thought, is he the complete solution?

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 02:29 - Dec 15 with 1533 viewsOsbourne

Did he have a bad game at Charlton?

Must say that I go to a lot of the Bloomfield Road matches and Joe Lewis does well. He is probably better than Gilks?

I have read various match reports on the Charlton game and am not picking up that Joe Lewis did anything dodgy.

Could you (chesterbfc) or someone else explain the reason for this post.

Thanks.

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 14:02 - Dec 15 with 1512 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I was a bit surprised by the OP too, but to answer the question - yes, I am.

He's a good shot stopper, catches crosses pretty well, and if body language is anything to go by, the defenders trust him. His only real weakness for me is that his kicking can be inconsistent and occasionally inaccurate.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 15:27 - Dec 15 with 1491 viewsOsbourne

Yes,
The opening post is timed at 13:07 on Saturday, so before the Charlton game.
Joe Lewis was fine against Birmingham, 1-0 to Pool, so I don't know where the opening post is coming from.

Anyway, like Basil;
For what it is worth, I am quite happy with Joe Lewis between the sticks. I liked Gilks too, but I recon Joe Lewis is a better all round keeper.

Yours in analysing keepers,
Osbourne!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 15:28]

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 17:43 - Dec 16 with 1433 viewschesterbfc

Correct with the timing, I think he has a problem as Gilks had, getting down to low shots to either corner of his goal. I also think his command of the box is non existant. He has got away with some proper howlers. His understudy however who played in our other victory again Cardiff is far more agile. As I said ,just a thought

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 18:49 - Dec 16 with 1424 viewsOdinsRaven

I think he's our best player tbh

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 19:18 - Dec 16 with 1417 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

I thought he was about to carry out a betting syndicate howler the way this was posted just before kick off!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 22:24]

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 19:31 - Dec 16 with 1409 viewsPlumbs

It's the best TV ad this Christmas.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 20:45 - Dec 16 with 1397 viewsOsbourne

chesterbfc,
I am going to watch him closely on Saturday.
I don't think that he has made many mistakes at Bloomfield Road.

I will report back with my opinions.

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 16:28 - Dec 18 with 1317 viewschesterbfc

Now Blake,s gone will he play?

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 09:41 - Dec 19 with 1290 viewsOsbourne

chesterbfc,
Why should Noel Blake leaving his coaching role effect whether Joe Lewis plays?

I am definitely going to watch Joe Lewis closely on Saturday. I must say that I can only speak for the Bloomfield Road matches, as I rarely watch Pool on the road, but Joe Lewis has done really well.

The other keeper, Parish, played against Cardiff. Pool won 1-0, he did well enough, but Cardiff really did not threaten.

For me, Joe Lewis is a top keeper. I liked Gilks, but Lewis gives me more confidence.

I hear your opinion, but I think, although there are a lot of problems at Pool, Joe Lewis is not one of them.

I'm watching closely on Saturday though! I must say up to now, apart from the fact that goalkeeper's can always make the odd mistake, taken over a period of time Joe Lewis has been a top keeper. Pool will probably struggle to keep him at the end of his loan deal.
Joe Lewis - huge, safe hands!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 15:42]

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 10:54 - Dec 19 with 1285 viewsstraightatthewall

We have many problems, but I can't say that Lewis has ever been one. Relatively sound and stable.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 16:25 - Dec 19 with 1245 viewschesterbfc

Just to set the record straight, My mate who,s a Peterboro fanatic loved him, I think he far is better than the later stages of Gilks by a country mile but I still think he isn't the best player in the team, unlike many. With proper coaching he could become a Pool hero, at present he has technical faults. Certainly positioning. Finally ,who is the Pool,s best player at present. Steve Davis?.

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 19:10 - Dec 20 with 1204 viewschesterbfc

Just wondered if you watched him today?

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 19:55 - Dec 20 with 1190 viewsOsbourne

chesterbfc,

I was there! Stayed to the end too!
I am a bit shell shocked at the moment to write anything constructive.

I'm watching the Football League Show tonight to analyse things.

But yes, the first goal looked dodgy from Joe Lewis's perspective. All the other goals? Bournemouth just seemed to keep on scoring.

I'm watching the Football League show tonight!

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 21:31 - Dec 20 with 1161 viewsOsbourne

chesterbfc,

Goal 1. The ball took a definite bobble. Made it virtually unstoppable. Lewis cannot be blamed I'm afraid.

I'm watching tonight.

Bad result today, Bournemouth had a lot of breaks though.
Goal 1, bobble.
Goal 3, the space provided was due to bad etiquette of Bournemouth. Pool's centre back was down with a groin strain.
Pool then pulled it back to 1-3, then a soft penalty and 1-4.

Bournemouth passed it well, good luck to them. Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham will be a whole new ball game. A potential 6 points by 5pm next Sunday.

Before Charlton ,everybody happy with J Lewis? on 09:09 - Dec 21 with 1132 viewschesterbfc

He,s hapeless, 1st from the west was a disaster ball was travelling at at least 4 mph, he was all over the place for some of the others,1 went thro his legs ,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024