Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the surprise at the defeat at Wolves? 16:25 - Jan 18 with 1593 viewsoneswallow

Am surprised at the huge over-reaction to Saturday's defeat - just as I wasn't expecting any of the five teams above us to win (although was happy only two got draws), similarly I expected nothing from Molineux and even stuck it on the accumulator. There's not that many surprises when we get to this stage of the season when it comes to top half v bottom half.

Really you can only win your home games and fortunately for us 8/10 are against teams in the bottom half. Whilst 24 points won't keep us up it would go a long way and these are the games we should be looking at - similarly don't expect anything next Saturday!!

Why the surprise at the defeat at Wolves? on 16:36 - Jan 18 with 1591 viewsWronga

I think it's the fact having seen how we contained them in the first half that the frustrating thing was we could have got something from the game if we'd just been a bit more courageous and why Clark is saying the same when he's the boss is beyond me.

Poll: Graham Westley or Neil McDonald

Why the surprise at the defeat at Wolves? on 16:41 - Jan 18 with 1585 viewsSTHolder

I think football fans have extremes .. after the Millwall result it was all 'what if's' .. now it's 'an inevitable relegation' .. get anything at Watford and suddenly the great escape will be playing!!

Why the surprise at the defeat at Wolves? on 17:21 - Jan 18 with 1576 viewsWizaard

It's very fine margins. If we'd hung on for another four minutes, we'd have been praised for resolute defence, restricting Wolves to very few clear cut chances.

As it is, by withdrawing Davies in favour of Feruz, he felt obliged to switch the system to 442, with Defueneso ostensibly alongside to win the headers. All that did was expose us in midfield and as we sat deeper, they were able to finally make the most of a cut back from the baseline.

The second goal was just a comedy of errors as Lewis came out to clear and O'Dea decided he had to get a touch on the ball, leaving them both in limbo and Afobe walking the ball into the net.

Needless.

Could we have got a point? Quite easily, but equally we didn't really threaten to win ourselves except from set pieces where O'Hara put in some real quality delivery.

We have to start picking up points and soon if we are to have any chance. Teams round us are also struggling so it's not completely over but it's getting that way.

Why the surprise at the defeat at Wolves? on 17:59 - Jan 18 with 1558 viewsPlumbs

The margins are indeed fine but- fortunately-Leeds seem to have turned a corner since Tommo arrived.New formation and change of tactics plus the return of the older pros.

I'm probably putting the mockers on it but its looking like three from the bottom four for me,with Rotherham's manager whinging about being unable to bring players in this weekend.

Points are precious things and should be taken when the opportunity presents itself,in the meantime I'm savouring an unbeaten run

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Why the surprise at the defeat at Wolves? on 20:14 - Jan 18 with 1523 viewsWizaard

Evans has signed 26 since they won the playoffs. Almost as many as us.

Why the surprise at the defeat at Wolves? on 13:20 - Jan 20 with 1423 viewsOsbourne

Was it surprise or disappointment?

Watford on Saturday is going to be a tough one. They put 5 past Charlton at home on Saturday. 5-0.

Pool started with exactly the same XI that started v Millwall, apart from Hall started instead of O'Dea, who apparently, has struggled with the ankle injury he sustained during the Millwall game, where Hall had to replace him.

It is easy to be critical of the squad. However, these players showed real spirit and fight v Millwall. It will be interesting to see the squad and starting XI at Watford. I don't really want to criticise anyone. I guess that O'Dea could start instead of Hall if he is back to full fitness. Apart from that, Clark could well start with the same XI again?

Clark's tactics? on 13:21 - Jan 20 with 1423 viewsOsbourne

Clark claims that the team sat to deep v Wolves.

Seems a strange thing to say.

Were Pool playing a 4-5-1 or not?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2015 13:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024