Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town 19:16 - May 13 with 1470 viewsOFFICIAL_KNIGHTS

Matt Williams who was a key figure in his all encompassing role of "club secretary" at Bloomfield Road for many years has reiterated his commitment to Shrewsbury Town after turning down approaches from two different clubs.

Speaking to the Shropshire Star, Matt said, "I don’t pay any attention to speculation.
I feel like a footballer here. it's nice to be linked with other clubs because if I'm not being linked then I'm not doing a very good job. Since we won promotion, I have been approached by three teams in the North-West but I am more than happy at Shrewsbury.

https://www.facebook.com/tangerineknightssupport

#OystonOut#ExpectUs

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 20:18 - May 13 with 1449 viewsscratchingshed

Good on you Matt you just know in the long term you will be far better off staying at Shrewsbury as opposed to returning to this ship wreck of a club.

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 21:07 - May 13 with 1431 viewsribble

Yes, thank God for that. Just think, if Matt came back things might markedly improve and we can't have that can we?

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 05:45 - May 14 with 1383 viewsbig_bloomers

I wonder if Matt has seen how the 'game is played' in football by agents and is touting himself out for a move but will only go on his terms - which could be good news for fans. Matt must love the fact he has all the cards after playing second fiddle to Karl for years.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 07:00 - May 14 with 1377 viewsDavid53

Or maybe he just doesn't want to come back.

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 16:31 - May 14 with 1359 viewsjohn40

And who can blame him for not picking up the poisoned chalice.

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 20:16 - May 14 with 1339 viewsKOSBowlCut

Poisoned Challice or not, I think Matt would jump at the chance of a return - he knows he could be the hero

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 21:29 - May 14 with 1332 viewsscratchingshed

A lot of people thought Holloway would jump at the chance of a return.

Let's not forget Matt Williams left a championship club and dropped two divisions to take up his new role I doubt very much he would jump at the chance of a return, why would he?

It appears they all know Karl only too well.
[Post edited 14 May 2015 21:31]

Matt Williams - Reiterates his commitment to Shrewsbury Town on 06:56 - May 15 with 1306 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Don't think you can overstate how big a loss he has been.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024