Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memory Match 14:16 - Dec 30 with 91 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Mentioned this game on another thread (I got the year wrong)

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/memory-match-blac

Anyone else there for it?

Also really hope Matt can dig up the Gazette article about the first 4/5 years of accounts after OO took over (I'm sure they did it at about the same time).

Anyone remember that article about the accounts??, or did I just dream it up in an drunken haze during the 90's??

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Memory Match on 14:40 - Dec 30 with 79 viewsROTTWEILERS

I remember there being regular gatherings outside of the South Stand around that time. Once in a while Owen would 'run the gauntlet' but mostly you'd hear that he'd left out of a different exit.

Different times.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Memory Match on 14:47 - Dec 30 with 77 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I was there but I must confess I don't remember any protest. But if I left the West and headed back into town I may have missed it altogether.

Didn't York do this to us two visits running, or did I imagine that? And it was Paul Barnes who did most of the damage, wasn't it?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Memory Match on 15:03 - Dec 30 with 74 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Without checking, (as I've got a bacon buttie that's my priority atm) sure they humped us twice in a row at home, Think Barnes may have got 4 in one match.

Remember protests outside the club shop, but not sure if that was at this match.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 15:05]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Memory Match on 15:17 - Dec 30 with 66 viewsROTTWEILERS

There was a big gathering out there for Fat Sam's head after the Bradford game.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Memory Match on 15:34 - Dec 30 with 59 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Remember that all to well ROTTS.

The one I'm thinking of may have been the game after York, and even before kick off, sadly it's become a bit of a blur to me. (Still sure it was connected to a Gazette article, think the Club and paper fell out over it).

Memory Match on 15:46 - Dec 30 with 54 viewsokeh_for_some

On the subjects of memories I was just thinking the other day about how we used to get our match reports in the 70s. As a young teenager I’d wait patiently with my dad in Carleton Newsagents for the Green to arrive along with another 20 or so regulars. The van would pull up outside and a couple of bundles of the Green would be thrown onto the pavement. How they managed to get it printed and distributed within half an hour of the game finishing was pretty amazing. So different to today - just log on your iPhone and the world’s your lobster.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024