Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cody Johnson recalled 16:31 - Aug 7 with 14002 viewsdawlishdale

Hearing that Stockport have recalled Cody Johnson.
If true , it seems unusual to say the least.
Leaves us very light in central midfield, as imho , he did well in pre season games.
Cody Johnson recalled on 17:15 - Aug 7 with 9201 viewsEllDale

Bit disastrous this. SAJ is now the only alternative to Clayton and Gilmour is this area.
I hope it isn't because he wasn't starting games!
Cody Johnson recalled on 17:42 - Aug 7 with 9061 views49thseason

County fans saying its because Camps is injured, but they do seem pleased to have him back.....
Cody Johnson recalled on 19:01 - Aug 7 with 8854 viewsEllDale

Jamie Devitt is tweeting that he’s without a club and available…just a thought.
Cody Johnson recalled on 19:44 - Aug 7 with 8683 viewsNorthernDale

The board will not spend the money, Devitt is an experience pro, other people I believe are still free, include Joe Grayson (ex-barrow) and I also believe Josh Harrop (ex-Preston). Sadly the board apparent approach, reminds me of Scunthorpe's board approach last season, and we know what happen there.
Cody Johnson recalled on 19:47 - Aug 7 with 8675 viewselectricblue

No money club is brassic.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Cody Johnson recalled on 19:50 - Aug 7 with 8661 viewsrkershaw

Cody Johnson recalled on 19:47 - Aug 7 by electricblue

No money club is brassic.......

Confirmed on Hatters Twitter feed ! :(
Cody Johnson recalled on 20:59 - Aug 7 with 8443 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 19:44 - Aug 7 by NorthernDale

The board will not spend the money, Devitt is an experience pro, other people I believe are still free, include Joe Grayson (ex-barrow) and I also believe Josh Harrop (ex-Preston). Sadly the board apparent approach, reminds me of Scunthorpe's board approach last season, and we know what happen there.

We've brought in nine players this summer and have just given one of our own a three-year contract!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cody Johnson recalled on 21:00 - Aug 7 with 8439 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 19:50 - Aug 7 by rkershaw

Confirmed on Hatters Twitter feed ! :(

Confirmed here at around 4pm this afternoon.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/august/codyjohnsonrecalled_070823/

Login to get fewer ads

Cody Johnson recalled on 21:40 - Aug 7 with 8292 viewsNorthernDale

Cody Johnson recalled on 20:59 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

We've brought in nine players this summer and have just given one of our own a three-year contract!

Yes, 7 under contract, 2 on loan and a youth player with potential a contract = 10
- so we have recruited or given contracts to 10 players

But

We lost: O'Donnell, Graham, Mullarkey, Ball, Kelly, Lloyd, Odoh, Brierley, Bennett, Diagouraga = 10 (plus Charman and Malley who left before Christmas)
+ plus the 5 loan players: Seriki, Mellor, Dodgson, Eastwood, Quigley = 5
+ plus: Campbell out on a season long loan = 1
+ retired: Mcnulty (played 10 games) = 1

That adds up to 17 players

So the squad is at least 7 players down on last seasons squad and you suggest the board as proactive in recruitment. So our Squad is a lot blo*dy weaker then last season thanks to the Dale's board.

So our squad is a lot weaker then last season, in terms of quality a
Cody Johnson recalled on 21:47 - Aug 7 with 8264 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 21:40 - Aug 7 by NorthernDale

Yes, 7 under contract, 2 on loan and a youth player with potential a contract = 10

But

We lost: O'Donnell, Graham, Mullarkey, Ball, Kelly, Lloyd, Odoh, Brierley, Bennett, Diagouraga = 10 (plus Charman and Malley who left before Christmas)

So the squad is at least 7 players down on last seasons squad and you suggest the board as proactive in recruitment. So our Squad is a lot blo*dy weaker then last season thanks to the Dale's board.

Our squad last season was too big. It also got us relegated.

I haven't suggested anything; please point out where I said otherwise.

Fact is, we have brought in nine players and given one of our own a three-year contract. You implied we hadn't done anything.

It's clearly still not enough, but we aren't going to carry as big a squad as last season, so comparisons with that are pointless.

McNulty's task, as he mentioned at the forum and has done elsewhere, is to continue adding to the squad as and when he can, but that's going to be difficult given the much-publicised financial restrictions he's working under.

Cody Johnson recalled on 21:53 - Aug 7 with 8232 viewskel

But

We’re skint. What do you expect the solution to be exactly?
Cody Johnson recalled on 21:55 - Aug 7 with 8211 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 21:53 - Aug 7 by kel

We’re skint. What do you expect the solution to be exactly?

Probably to keep posting the same thing.

Cody Johnson recalled on 22:08 - Aug 7 with 8151 viewsNorthernDale

I apologise for using the term 'Suggested'.

Yes, we are operating under financial restraints, this is something we can all agree on, as is the fact McNulty is forced to operate under such restraints which is unfair to him.

But even the board must accept that the squad is to weak and needs to address the problem, because we could get into a spiral of defeat and struggling at the bottom, if we are not careful. I am not suggesting that we have a massive squad, but we are at least 3 or 4 players short at the moment. One question is why can we not get young players on loan from teams like City, United or Burnley?

I hope the board will allow Jim to strengthen the squad this week, but the question is will they?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 22:25]
Cody Johnson recalled on 22:32 - Aug 7 with 8087 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 22:08 - Aug 7 by NorthernDale

Yes, we are operating under financial restraints, this is something we can all agree on, as is the fact McNulty is forced to operate under such restraints which is unfair to him.

But even the board must accept that the squad is to weak and needs to address the problem, because we could get into a spiral of defeat and struggling at the bottom, if we are not careful. I am not suggesting that we have a massive squad, but we are at least 3 or 4 players short at the moment. One question is why can we not get young players on loan from teams like City, United or Burnley?

I hope the board will allow Jim to strengthen the squad this week, but the question is will they?

We've had plenty of players on loan from clubs like those in the past, many of whom haven't been up to it, but we have been able to get players like that, if the manager wants them and they are affordable (which is sort of crucial here).

Regardless, there's no guarantee they'll be up to the right standard anyway. Jake Eastwood came from a club that's now in the Premier League, don't forget...

Given the Premier League season hasn't even started yet and they are still in a transfer window, you might have to be patient.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 22:34]

Cody Johnson recalled on 22:40 - Aug 7 with 8061 viewsDaleiLama

Cody Johnson recalled on 22:32 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

We've had plenty of players on loan from clubs like those in the past, many of whom haven't been up to it, but we have been able to get players like that, if the manager wants them and they are affordable (which is sort of crucial here).

Regardless, there's no guarantee they'll be up to the right standard anyway. Jake Eastwood came from a club that's now in the Premier League, don't forget...

Given the Premier League season hasn't even started yet and they are still in a transfer window, you might have to be patient.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 22:34]

It's a bit of a stretch to ask for patience. We are 1 game into the season. And we lost. The wheels have all come off. Our window will close in 45 games. I mean really, how long must we be patient for?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cody Johnson recalled on 22:44 - Aug 7 with 8047 viewskel

Cody Johnson recalled on 22:08 - Aug 7 by NorthernDale

Did you attend the forum or watch the stream at all?

If not, then I’ll tell you that McNulty said he knew the constraints when he agreed to take the job.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 22:46]
Cody Johnson recalled on 07:27 - Aug 8 with 7734 viewsNewbury_Dale

Hopefully a few players who haven't got fixed up yet will start to become more attainable now, budget wise. Not suggesting for one second we could sign him, but a player like Danny Lloyd would surely be getting anxious ? His bargaining power is diminishing with every day he's without a club. He's also a prolific social media user so the sight of his colleagues playing on a Saturday must be starting to affect him now. So would he accept less to get back out there ?

A lot of clubs seem to be operating with smaller squads. Have some of these still unattached players misjudged the market ?
Cody Johnson recalled on 07:51 - Aug 8 with 7683 viewsNorthernDale

Yes, I know there is no deadline for the NL, but I want a squad that can compete effectively and even potentially sneak into a play off spot and I wonder, if Jim is frustrated on the inside, but is too nice to say anything.

When is the transfer closing day for the EFL?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 10:00]
Cody Johnson recalled on 08:14 - Aug 8 with 7644 viewsTalkingSutty

Cody Johnson recalled on 07:51 - Aug 8 by NorthernDale

Yes, I know there is no deadline for the NL, but I want a squad that can compete effectively and even potentially sneak into a play off spot and I wonder, if Jim is frustrated on the inside, but is too nice to say anything.

When you look at the current circumstances surrounding the club i would be amazed if we are anywhere near the play offs. Completing the season and avoiding relegation is all we can hope for. Football is broken for our club apparently.
Cody Johnson recalled on 09:46 - Aug 8 with 7458 viewsDaleiLama

Cody Johnson recalled on 07:51 - Aug 8 by NorthernDale

This might help?

This worked better before you changed errectively to effectively
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 14:17]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cody Johnson recalled on 10:46 - Aug 8 with 7312 viewselectricblue

But

The wages that will be saved on O'Donnell, Graham, Mullarkey, Ball, Kelly, Lloyd, Odoh, Brierley, Bennett, Diagouraga based upon an average wage of £2k a week each should be £1m over this season
Then there is Charman and Malley average on wages of £1,500 pr week saving about £150k a year..
Total saving per month this season is £100k with an annual saving of £1.2m..

Is this £1.2m being used to service last season debt!

The 5 loan players: Seriki, Mellor, Dodgson, Eastwood, Quigley i presume that Dale would have paid a wages percentage..
I could not gauge how much a percentage Dale where paying..

The actual elephant in the room and ive mentioned it many times is the 100+ non football staff at the club...

That seriously needs addressing to help get the club....

Cody Johnson recalled on 10:50 - Aug 8 with 7291 viewselectricblue

Cody Johnson recalled on 07:27 - Aug 8 by Newbury_Dale

Hopefully a few players who haven't got fixed up yet will start to become more attainable now, budget wise. Not suggesting for one second we could sign him, but a player like Danny Lloyd would surely be getting anxious ? His bargaining power is diminishing with every day he's without a club. He's also a prolific social media user so the sight of his colleagues playing on a Saturday must be starting to affect him now. So would he accept less to get back out there ?

A lot of clubs seem to be operating with smaller squads. Have some of these still unattached players misjudged the market ?

A Danny Lloyd type player or even Danny Lloyd would be handy since losing Cody Johnson....

Cody Johnson recalled on 11:12 - Aug 8 with 7211 viewsBuckTheTrend

Cody Johnson recalled on 10:46 - Aug 8 by electricblue

The wages that will be saved on O'Donnell, Graham, Mullarkey, Ball, Kelly, Lloyd, Odoh, Brierley, Bennett, Diagouraga based upon an average wage of £2k a week each should be £1m over this season
Then there is Charman and Malley average on wages of £1,500 pr week saving about £150k a year..
Total saving per month this season is £100k with an annual saving of £1.2m..

Is this £1.2m being used to service last season debt!

The 5 loan players: Seriki, Mellor, Dodgson, Eastwood, Quigley i presume that Dale would have paid a wages percentage..
I could not gauge how much a percentage Dale where paying..

The actual elephant in the room and ive mentioned it many times is the 100+ non football staff at the club...

That seriously needs addressing to help get the club....

You keep banging on like a broken record about cutting staff numbers. Where exactly, given your presumed expert knowledge of the Club's operations, would you wield the axe ??
Cody Johnson recalled on 11:31 - Aug 8 with 7156 viewselectricblue

Cody Johnson recalled on 11:12 - Aug 8 by BuckTheTrend

You keep banging on like a broken record about cutting staff numbers. Where exactly, given your presumed expert knowledge of the Club's operations, would you wield the axe ??

That is down to SG the COO and the BoD go to sort that....

Cody Johnson recalled on 11:55 - Aug 8 with 7089 viewsBuckTheTrend

Cody Johnson recalled on 11:31 - Aug 8 by electricblue

That is down to SG the COO and the BoD go to sort that....

That's patently obvious.
But where would you identify the cuts ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024