Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! 19:48 - May 21 with 2267 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

U17s are European champions. Didn't miss a spot kick in the shoot out.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 19:49 - May 21 with 2256 viewsbosh67

Well done our boys.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 19:52 - May 21 with 2235 viewspaulparker

they have played well all tournament, beating a very good Portugal team as well in the semi final
pace,power,passing, blimey perhaps the future is good
like the look of solanki, and the RB with the dreds

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 20:08 - May 21 with 2209 viewsToast_R

Good on them.

Is it me getting old (and bald) or do kids today have some daft hair pieces?
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 21:40 - May 21 with 2147 viewsbob566

Be interesting to see how they move on. Ireland won that around 20 years ago and if I remember rightly only damien duff went on to great things. The majority ended up lower league and back in ireland. Still hats off to them. Congratulations
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 08:31 - May 22 with 2050 viewssimmo

I wish things like this got more publicity - instead we are headlining with Yaya and his fckin birthday cake. We won it in 2010 too, Barkley was in that team.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:15 - May 22 with 2029 viewsNorthernr

Quick, get them all slung into giant academy structures so they can sit in the stands every weekend and watch Paulinho/Willian/Lemala etc play their position. If they're really lucky, they might get to spend three months on loan at Rotherham.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:46 - May 22 with 2001 viewsTacticalR

The town of Rotherham is being renamed to Manchester B under Greg Dyke's new scheme.

Air hostess clique

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:54 - May 22 with 1991 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:15 - May 22 by Northernr

Quick, get them all slung into giant academy structures so they can sit in the stands every weekend and watch Paulinho/Willian/Lemala etc play their position. If they're really lucky, they might get to spend three months on loan at Rotherham.

Too late, most of them already are.
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:59 - May 22 with 1986 viewsNorthernr

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:54 - May 22 by BrianWilliamsBeard

Too late, most of them already are.

Which is why we're actually quite good up to Under 17 level but from here on in they'll play no proper football, just academy games on perfectly manicured pitches in front of nobody, and occasional loan spells. Expect an article in five years time about where they all went and only one of them will be playing Premier League football.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 10:19 - May 22 with 1962 viewspaulparker

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:59 - May 22 by Northernr

Which is why we're actually quite good up to Under 17 level but from here on in they'll play no proper football, just academy games on perfectly manicured pitches in front of nobody, and occasional loan spells. Expect an article in five years time about where they all went and only one of them will be playing Premier League football.

Agree half of them wont be playing which is a shame as they have looked very useful all tournament, ive said before the parents are to blame here to, why would you let your boy go to city, Chelsea or spurs other than money , they wont get a game
compare Josh mcrechren & Barkley
I bet you any money mcrechen is on more money than barkley, but barkley stayed with his club and got games and is going to the world cup, Mcrechan has just languished from one championship club to the other same as the boy chalabah , but they are on so much money a week that not even some championship clubs can take them
if greg dyke pulled his head out of a rse and grew a pair he would salary cap players up until the age of 21 (5k a week) maxium of 1 year deals, that way clubs like Chelsea or spurs cannot just hoover up lads with big money contracts and those lads have a chance of going to other clubs to play if it doesn't work out ,
all this B team sh*t is just going to make the big boys gobble up all the young talent and overload their B teams,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 10:24 - May 22 with 1951 viewsNorthernr

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 10:19 - May 22 by paulparker

Agree half of them wont be playing which is a shame as they have looked very useful all tournament, ive said before the parents are to blame here to, why would you let your boy go to city, Chelsea or spurs other than money , they wont get a game
compare Josh mcrechren & Barkley
I bet you any money mcrechen is on more money than barkley, but barkley stayed with his club and got games and is going to the world cup, Mcrechan has just languished from one championship club to the other same as the boy chalabah , but they are on so much money a week that not even some championship clubs can take them
if greg dyke pulled his head out of a rse and grew a pair he would salary cap players up until the age of 21 (5k a week) maxium of 1 year deals, that way clubs like Chelsea or spurs cannot just hoover up lads with big money contracts and those lads have a chance of going to other clubs to play if it doesn't work out ,
all this B team sh*t is just going to make the big boys gobble up all the young talent and overload their B teams,

As well as the salary cap I think there should be a rule that says no home nations player under the age of 21 can move clubs until he has made 50 first team appearances, or some variation of this. At the moment anybody who looks half decent at 14, 15, 16 is quickly swept up by teams like spurs, chelsea etc who never use them.
There's also no incentive for clubs like us to develop these kids because they just get pinched for a pittance if they happen to look half decent at 15.

Some sort of rule like that would have forced Raheem Sterlin to stay here for 50 games at least, and we would then have got a fair transfer fee which would encourage us to develop more boys like him.

It would also have kept Dean Parrett here to make first team appearances, rather than making three sub appearances in five years at Spurs before being released.

It would mean kids would want to be at clubs where they can actually play games, rather than just sit around coining it in and never playing.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 11:39 - May 22 with 1920 viewsbob566

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 10:24 - May 22 by Northernr

As well as the salary cap I think there should be a rule that says no home nations player under the age of 21 can move clubs until he has made 50 first team appearances, or some variation of this. At the moment anybody who looks half decent at 14, 15, 16 is quickly swept up by teams like spurs, chelsea etc who never use them.
There's also no incentive for clubs like us to develop these kids because they just get pinched for a pittance if they happen to look half decent at 15.

Some sort of rule like that would have forced Raheem Sterlin to stay here for 50 games at least, and we would then have got a fair transfer fee which would encourage us to develop more boys like him.

It would also have kept Dean Parrett here to make first team appearances, rather than making three sub appearances in five years at Spurs before being released.

It would mean kids would want to be at clubs where they can actually play games, rather than just sit around coining it in and never playing.

its a good idea Clive but how would it work if the youngsters already happen to be at big clubs. You can't expect most of these lads to go straight into the united, chelsea or city teams and pick up 50 caps. What will happen to them? Will they be allowed to move if they realise they've made a mistake?

I like your idea in theory but what about the pros who did make it. The rooneys who were hoovered up and did take the opportunity and now earn 250k per week?
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 12:40 - May 22 with 1892 viewsNorthernr

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 11:39 - May 22 by bob566

its a good idea Clive but how would it work if the youngsters already happen to be at big clubs. You can't expect most of these lads to go straight into the united, chelsea or city teams and pick up 50 caps. What will happen to them? Will they be allowed to move if they realise they've made a mistake?

I like your idea in theory but what about the pros who did make it. The rooneys who were hoovered up and did take the opportunity and now earn 250k per week?

Yeh there are loads of issues with it, we could pick it apart all day, fundamentally though I think something needs to be done to stop every half decent teenager being taken away from clubs where they will play first team football by clubs who have no intention of providing that for them.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:23 - May 22 with 1870 viewsheadhoops

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 10:24 - May 22 by Northernr

Christ you two pack it in this is almost a sensible idea - the FA will be round to clamp you in straight jackets.

and i would add - no clubs can sign foreign kids until they too have played 50 games.
No player under the age of 18 should be allowed an agent.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:26 - May 22 with 1867 viewsbob566

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 12:40 - May 22 by Northernr

Yeh there are loads of issues with it, we could pick it apart all day, fundamentally though I think something needs to be done to stop every half decent teenager being taken away from clubs where they will play first team football by clubs who have no intention of providing that for them.

totally agree. I only said last week if i wonder will will hughes go on to be this years willfred zaha.

There is hope though. Liverpool seems to have blooded some youth this year. Maybe its down to the coach and not the clubs themselves.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:26 - May 22 with 1866 viewsderbyhoop

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 09:59 - May 22 by Northernr

Then you get the FA analysis that, fundamentally, says player development stops between 18 and 21. That really must have taken some working out.

So the solution propsed is to have B teams, which benefits the top 10 clubs, while ruining the game for everybody else. Would that be the top 10 clubs who are primarily responsible for the 18-2 black hole?

Incidentally, the U17 team, that won in 2010 included Barkley. But also included Connor Whickham and Andrew Wisdom, who will line up against us on Saturday.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:27 - May 22 with 1866 viewsClive_Anderson

I'd go for:

1) Banning agents completely. Just get rid of them.
2) Salary cap means it isn't in the top clubs interests to stockpile young players they aren't going to play as they'd have to cut wages elsewhere.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:31 - May 22 with 1858 viewsToast_R

If Raheem Sterling had stayed at QPR he wouldn't be going to the World Cup this summer and he certainly wouldn't be playing Champions League football next season.

There is no doubt that the move he made, as gutting as it was for us QPR fans, was 100% the right move for him.

I doubt he'd have even played more then 5 first team games had he stayed at QPR.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:31 - May 22 with 1859 viewsbob566

i thought it interesting that the chelsea keeper on loan playing the champs league final after picking up a league medal has come out and said returning might not be in the best interests for chelsea. It might cause them and peter cech some upheavel. Yeah right. He no more wants to come back and end up in the reserves behind cech and whoever else they buy in to replace him even though they have a replacement ready made.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:33 - May 22 with 1849 viewsClive_Anderson

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 13:31 - May 22 by Toast_R

If Raheem Sterling had stayed at QPR he wouldn't be going to the World Cup this summer and he certainly wouldn't be playing Champions League football next season.

There is no doubt that the move he made, as gutting as it was for us QPR fans, was 100% the right move for him.

I doubt he'd have even played more then 5 first team games had he stayed at QPR.

A salary cap would mean we wouldn't stockpile players we aren't going to use as well.

And we wouldn't be £176m in debt either.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 14:11 - May 22 with 1838 viewssimmo

He's the exception rather than the rule. Only because he was/is so bloody good, rather than being OK but the potential to be so bloody good.

This is about realising/wastin potential

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 14:17 - May 22 with 1824 viewsNorthernr

That's simply not true. He is an outstanding talent, QPR were about to make him the youngest first team player in the club's history just before he moved.

And if it was true, where is the incentive for QPR to find and a produce another Sterling if he's just going to be ripped off at that price?

Going to Liverpool just as Rodgers was about to turn up was very fortunate for him. If he'd gone to Chelsea he'd still be awaiting a debut.
Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 14:52 - May 22 with 1801 viewsToast_R

Bloody hell, England win a penalty shoot out! on 14:17 - May 22 by Northernr

That's simply not true. He is an outstanding talent, QPR were about to make him the youngest first team player in the club's history just before he moved.

And if it was true, where is the incentive for QPR to find and a produce another Sterling if he's just going to be ripped off at that price?

Going to Liverpool just as Rodgers was about to turn up was very fortunate for him. If he'd gone to Chelsea he'd still be awaiting a debut.

Hmm I'm a bit dubious to that to be honest. He went to Liverpool's academy in 2010. There is no doubt he would have improved immesurably playing in that academy rather then milling around in an underfunded QPR youth team. On the other hand had he made the QPR first team at 15 and played regular football in the Championship, would he made the same progress or better?

We'll never know of course but I can't help thinking many of the QPR faithfull would have written him off as "too lighweight" after a few bad games or he'd have torn his ACL beyond repair in a poxy match at Grimsby or something equally as dirge.

Agree that my view of that being a good move for him is with the benefit of hindsight in mind but overall I still think it was for him personally. At least he has made something of his career rather then just the £££
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024