Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the current management set up building for the future. 17:04 - Jul 11 with 4749 viewscjc

As much as I admire Harry and the current set up and I mean that. Will they develop the new managers to come in.

The potential is joey B and a Clint Hill management team but rarely have players succeeded in management in the top flight, especially straight away. Am I wrong!

We have exciting plans for a new training ground and stadium, lots of money being spent on building a cement structure but surely we need to start thinking about the personnel structure.

TF preaches consistency as he builds for the future. Who do we have for that.
The potential is exciting for a hungry manager who wants to build and make a real name for himself.

Paul Clement would be a man I would trying to get in ? Knows how a club works from Academy level and is a class act.

I know its early days but if Harry and his team last more than another season I will be surprised.

[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 18:05]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 17:13 - Jul 11 with 4724 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paul Clement has turned some massive jobs down apparently so i'd say we are too far down the list for him. Unless the family connection is enough.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 17:15]
Is the current management set up building for the future. on 17:29 - Jul 11 with 4695 viewscjc

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 17:13 - Jul 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Paul Clement has turned some massive jobs down apparently so i'd say we are too far down the list for him. Unless the family connection is enough.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 17:15]

Precisely the connection and the opportunity to build from the ground up and make us great.

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 17:32 - Jul 11 with 4689 viewsdaveB

If someone came in to plan for the future and put in young kids that would be great but a couple of defeats and he's be under pressure to get instant results. It's a vicious circle so can see why Redknapp and others stick 2 fingers upto the future and just worry about the next game.
Is the current management set up building for the future. on 17:48 - Jul 11 with 4662 viewscjc

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 17:32 - Jul 11 by daveB

If someone came in to plan for the future and put in young kids that would be great but a couple of defeats and he's be under pressure to get instant results. It's a vicious circle so can see why Redknapp and others stick 2 fingers upto the future and just worry about the next game.

Sorry, I am not saying now but being transparent and laying the foundations for a handover at the end of next season does seems prudent.

Harry deserves his moment in the sun but the club needs to be open about what they really want, even if it behind the scenes and not in our or the players interest now.

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 19:46 - Jul 11 with 4583 viewsTHEBUSH

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 17:48 - Jul 11 by cjc

Sorry, I am not saying now but being transparent and laying the foundations for a handover at the end of next season does seems prudent.

Harry deserves his moment in the sun but the club needs to be open about what they really want, even if it behind the scenes and not in our or the players interest now.

Don't think the club can be more open, as they have stated that a new training ground and youth academy is happening.

Managers and players come and go, that's the way it is !!
Is the current management set up building for the future. on 20:01 - Jul 11 with 4570 viewscjc

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 19:46 - Jul 11 by THEBUSH

Don't think the club can be more open, as they have stated that a new training ground and youth academy is happening.

Managers and players come and go, that's the way it is !!

You know what, I think you are right.

Funny, only have a few examples of the type of thing I was thinking.
LVG at Ajax is one, Ferguson, Moyes, but generally it is far from the norm. Just thought that Paul Clement might be a better place to start than others.

Anyways!

Is the current management set up building for the future. on 20:27 - Jul 11 with 4545 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I look at clubs like Norwich / West Brom / Swansea as a bit of inspiration.

They are similar in size to us (support/history/stature etc) but always scout players and managers well and seem to be in a healthy financial position. They all have a fixed plan that they stick to with certain principles that won't be broken. They generally get a full house every week without pulling fan's pants down over ST and match prices. They have a healthy intake of youth teams players without un balancing the side. What's not to like?

Ok, so they'll probably yoyo a bit but who wants to fight for 17th every year anyway?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 20:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024