Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Hansen Documentary on BBC 00:54 - Jul 12 with 3804 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Never liked the guy but that documentary warmed me to him slightly.

Cannot believe Ferguson left him out of the 1986 world cup squad. What a c*nt.

It's got to be Yarg

Alan Hansen Documentary on BBC on 02:22 - Jul 12 with 3755 viewskarl

Did enjoy the programme but his exclusion from that squad has to be tempered be his (and Willie Miller) mistake 4 yrs earlier which lead to Scotland's exit by USA.
Ferguson obviously thought a club partnership (successful at European level) 2 as preferable.
Purely from my own memory I think Hansen picked when he would play for Scotland and tbh that is a better gauge as to why he has only 26 caps rather than missing one tournament. LHis best mate and club 5team mate Dalglish has over 100 caps so it certainly 2 as 5wwasn'tasnt down to Ferguson that he didn't play for Scotland, class player that he was.
Edit. Sorry for the poor text but 0 hone won't let me delete mistakes. Phone!!!!
USSR not USA, M. Forget the M that's my phone as well!!

Edit 2. I think Miller has 68 caps and McLeish 86? Ferguson was manager at short notice after Jock Steins death at Ninian Park, he left after the WC so his reliance on a partnership that had been very successful for him previously surely is commonsense?
As I said Ferguson is not to blame for his lack of caps. I'm sure the Juventus fans will appreciate that they were responsible for the destruction of Heysel too
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 2:54]
Alan Hansen Documentary on BBC on 03:14 - Jul 12 with 3729 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Alan Hansen Documentary on BBC on 02:22 - Jul 12 by karl

Did enjoy the programme but his exclusion from that squad has to be tempered be his (and Willie Miller) mistake 4 yrs earlier which lead to Scotland's exit by USA.
Ferguson obviously thought a club partnership (successful at European level) 2 as preferable.
Purely from my own memory I think Hansen picked when he would play for Scotland and tbh that is a better gauge as to why he has only 26 caps rather than missing one tournament. LHis best mate and club 5team mate Dalglish has over 100 caps so it certainly 2 as 5wwasn'tasnt down to Ferguson that he didn't play for Scotland, class player that he was.
Edit. Sorry for the poor text but 0 hone won't let me delete mistakes. Phone!!!!
USSR not USA, M. Forget the M that's my phone as well!!

Edit 2. I think Miller has 68 caps and McLeish 86? Ferguson was manager at short notice after Jock Steins death at Ninian Park, he left after the WC so his reliance on a partnership that had been very successful for him previously surely is commonsense?
As I said Ferguson is not to blame for his lack of caps. I'm sure the Juventus fans will appreciate that they were responsible for the destruction of Heysel too
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 2:54]

Interesting stuff. I must admit my ferguson view is tempered buy my attitude towards manchester united. I looked online for the scotland squad and there were many non scottish league players, many with lots of caps. So i just assumed it was some sort of personality/power thing why he didn't even make the squad

It's got to be Yarg

Alan Hansen Documentary on BBC on 07:34 - Jul 12 with 3649 viewsbatmanhoop

excellent programme, don't know why people get so worked up about commentators and pundits, think they all do a ok job. On a different theme, Scots must have been crying watching Hansen, Dalgleish and Souness reminiscing about their playing days. Can't think of a half decent Scots player now
Alan Hansen Documentary on BBC on 07:34 - Jul 12 with 3649 viewsLblock

Classy Mrs if the well put together blonde was his wife (I only saw a small bit of the programme)
A definite milf

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024