Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Netflix v Blinkbox v Amazon prime v Skygo v Another 12:07 - Jul 17 with 3553 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Any views on the pros/cons, good/bad experiences of the above? I've got sky so I've got skygo but I rarely use it and just wonder how it compares. I've heard good things about the American house of cards so tempted by netflix.

Or could someone direct me to the relevant thread where I imagine this has already been done.

It's got to be Yarg

Netflix v Blinkbox v Amazon prime v Skygo v Another on 12:15 - Jul 17 with 3538 viewsadhoc_qpr

I've got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Netflix hardly ever updates content and is lacking a lot of the major films, but the original content is pretty good (House of Cards, Orange is the new black etc) and it's decent for TV series.

Amazon Prime has loads of films but has a terrible interface and while the older stuff is free to watch, it charges for the latest releases/series. It's starting to add original content too though, so i expect will be the eventual winner.
Netflix v Blinkbox v Amazon prime v Skygo v Another on 12:17 - Jul 17 with 3528 viewsMrSheen

I was paying for Amazon Prime anyway for free delivery so when they chucked in free video (though lots they still charge for), I was convinced to drop Netflix. I have a Sony TV which takes Amazon and doesn't take Netflix, so we only watched Netflix on the computer or via the X-Box anyway. I took out Netflix to watch Breaking Bad, never got round to House of Cards before I cancelled. Great piece of spoiling by Amazon, who really are sneaky b*st*rds.

Amazon Prime works very well, streams as you watch and doesn't have buffering delays even though our WiFi isn't up to much, very rarely crashes. The problem is that it's too easy to use. Having refused Sky Movies because I didn't want my sports watching interrupted, the kids are always on it watching Johnny English or Alan Partridge for the umpteenth time.

I agree that the interface isn't great, its like texting before predictive spelling, but as I never get to choose what to watch, I don't care.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 12:19]
Netflix v Blinkbox v Amazon prime v Skygo v Another on 12:36 - Jul 17 with 3471 viewstraininvain

Netflix but with US content.

Netflix v Blinkbox v Amazon prime v Skygo v Another on 17:43 - Jul 17 with 3329 viewsrobith

Have netflix and nowtv (sky's thing). Netflix for TV content an d nowtv for films.

Had lovefilm (now amazon) but it's so so so terrible. Unbearably lagging, interface is about 10 years out of date and constantly deletes your save for later list. Swerve
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024