Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monday night football 00:45 - Aug 19 with 3049 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Well Gary and Jamie think we will finish top of the promoted teams, so that's me happy then. (What are the chances of all 3 of the promoted teams going down)

It's got to be Yarg

Monday night football on 01:01 - Aug 19 with 3035 viewsbarbicanranger

Quite high this season I would have thought, but recent history will tell you some survive...

I was feeling OK about Hull immediately after the game, but woke up Sunday feeling like it was 3 points badly lost but ho hum. I think it's early for the pundits to call it but I will take confidence from what they say. I think in times gone by we would have folded on Saturday and it was pleasing to see that we have found a formation that does give us some tooth going forward, I remember in previous stints in the premier league playing one up front with 5 in midfield and we really had no chance of scoring and possession in the final third was terrible.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 1:04]
Monday night football on 09:14 - Aug 19 with 2765 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Monday night football on 01:01 - Aug 19 by barbicanranger

Quite high this season I would have thought, but recent history will tell you some survive...

I was feeling OK about Hull immediately after the game, but woke up Sunday feeling like it was 3 points badly lost but ho hum. I think it's early for the pundits to call it but I will take confidence from what they say. I think in times gone by we would have folded on Saturday and it was pleasing to see that we have found a formation that does give us some tooth going forward, I remember in previous stints in the premier league playing one up front with 5 in midfield and we really had no chance of scoring and possession in the final third was terrible.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 1:04]

I think we looked infinitely more like a settled team compared to our last two campaigns for what that is worth.

Quietly confident that we'll be safe with at least injury time of the season left to play

It's got to be Yarg

Monday night football on 09:19 - Aug 19 with 2746 viewsWestminsteRs

Saw some of the pre-game discussion about the 3-5-2 system (re Man Utd) where Neville gave some examples of teams that have played the system well over the last few years. Singled out Juventus and named Isla as someone who is perfect for the role of RWB. I'll take that. Very encouraging.
Monday night football on 09:22 - Aug 19 with 2729 viewsballbag

Whatever Mark Lawrenson predicts....the opposite will happen.
Monday night football on 09:24 - Aug 19 with 2721 viewssimmo

Their brekadown and analysis of the 3-5-2 system was great to watch and was mostly positive where we are concerned. They highlighted the same thing I did with Dunne though, he needs replacing in that position.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Monday night football on 09:48 - Aug 19 with 2671 viewskysersosaqpr

My only concern with the Hull loss is the loss of confidence that might happen. With our first two away games being Spuds and Man Ure, we needed to get something from the home games to keep spirits up!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Monday night football on 10:00 - Aug 19 with 2647 viewsdaveB

Monday night football on 09:24 - Aug 19 by simmo

Their brekadown and analysis of the 3-5-2 system was great to watch and was mostly positive where we are concerned. They highlighted the same thing I did with Dunne though, he needs replacing in that position.

That was brilliant the debate about 3-5-2, really interesting
Monday night football on 10:01 - Aug 19 with 2641 viewsCFW

Monday night football on 09:48 - Aug 19 by kysersosaqpr

My only concern with the Hull loss is the loss of confidence that might happen. With our first two away games being Spuds and Man Ure, we needed to get something from the home games to keep spirits up!

I do agree that winning football matches is a confidence thing but although we lost we can take a lot from that game in as much as we were the better team for most part and created so many more chances than them. I think Hull will be a mid table team this season so not all doom and gloom.

This comes back to doing our transfer business early and having a tough pre-season tour. HR has said he was not happy with that - well sorry they made the arrangements. Hull were a bit more strre wise and had more games under their belt.

Spurs were not that great on Saturday and Man U were frankly awful - they are a very poor team and we should not be that worried about going to either away games.

Just wish this transfer window would close and we can get on with playing football.
Login to get fewer ads

Monday night football on 10:08 - Aug 19 with 2613 viewsWestminsteRs

Monday night football on 10:00 - Aug 19 by daveB

That was brilliant the debate about 3-5-2, really interesting

Neville saying that he would've been happy to play as the right-sided centre back convinced me that that is where Simpson should see himself in this formation. Got more of the attributes needed in that position than the WB role.
Monday night football on 10:10 - Aug 19 with 2605 viewsdaveB

Monday night football on 10:01 - Aug 19 by CFW

I do agree that winning football matches is a confidence thing but although we lost we can take a lot from that game in as much as we were the better team for most part and created so many more chances than them. I think Hull will be a mid table team this season so not all doom and gloom.

This comes back to doing our transfer business early and having a tough pre-season tour. HR has said he was not happy with that - well sorry they made the arrangements. Hull were a bit more strre wise and had more games under their belt.

Spurs were not that great on Saturday and Man U were frankly awful - they are a very poor team and we should not be that worried about going to either away games.

Just wish this transfer window would close and we can get on with playing football.

sadly we play Man Utd after the window shuts so they will be a very different team
Monday night football on 10:34 - Aug 19 with 2573 viewssimmo

Monday night football on 10:08 - Aug 19 by WestminsteRs

Neville saying that he would've been happy to play as the right-sided centre back convinced me that that is where Simpson should see himself in this formation. Got more of the attributes needed in that position than the WB role.

Agreed, would play him or chief there and Caulker on the left at the moment, Dunne should only be back up for Rio in that sweeper role, he cant play on the sides of that 3.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Monday night football on 11:18 - Aug 19 with 2511 viewsLewes_r

Are you talking about Jamie redknapp?

well id be shocked if he thought his dads team would go down and Neville aint gonna go against the flow there

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Monday night football on 11:25 - Aug 19 with 2483 viewsCFW

Monday night football on 10:10 - Aug 19 by daveB

sadly we play Man Utd after the window shuts so they will be a very different team

Lots of talk but no action. They need some serious injection of players and with no European football to tempt the better players it might be difficult. They are no way a top four team this season either. Not worried about them when we play them.
Monday night football on 11:27 - Aug 19 with 2480 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Monday night football on 11:18 - Aug 19 by Lewes_r

Are you talking about Jamie redknapp?

well id be shocked if he thought his dads team would go down and Neville aint gonna go against the flow there

No, don't worry it was Jamie Carragher. And him and Neville love to disagree.

surely Clint Hill would be our ideal left centre back.

It's got to be Yarg

Monday night football on 20:20 - Aug 19 with 2291 viewssmegma

Had they both said we would get relegated the tone of this thread would be somewhat different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024