Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 22:13 - Jan 12 with 11712 viewsYorkRanger

Really impressed with that performance and what is this thing about delivering really good set pieces.

Could really be a great find.
Manning on 22:24 - Jan 12 with 7894 viewsbosh67

Takes up some terrific positions and sees the game very quickly. Pass for the goal with the outside of his left foot was total class. Getting better with each game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 22:26 - Jan 12 with 7841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very impressive again tonight. Likes a tackle, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 22:33 - Jan 12 with 7767 viewsDWQPR

Manning on 22:26 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Very impressive again tonight. Likes a tackle, too.

Agreed Brian. That tackle in the first half near their penalty area was fantastic, set the benchmark for the side. Isn't nice to spend some time after a match extolling the virtues of a few of our own home grown players. Haven't done that for a decade or two!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Manning on 22:33 - Jan 12 with 7753 viewsRBlock

Liked the look of him a lot. Obviously we needed team with legs today to close em which is what Holloway played. Decent passing range, plus my boxers are still sticky after that assist with the outside of the foot.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:36]
Manning on 22:39 - Jan 12 with 7654 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 22:33 - Jan 12 by DWQPR

Agreed Brian. That tackle in the first half near their penalty area was fantastic, set the benchmark for the side. Isn't nice to spend some time after a match extolling the virtues of a few of our own home grown players. Haven't done that for a decade or two!

Exactly! - Furs, Manning, Doughty, Comley. Shodipo on the bench. Gave the night a real gloss.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 22:43 - Jan 12 with 7585 viewsSuffolkHoop

Manning was MOM for me. Things change quickly in football don't they...And we've finally got rid of useless Redknapps legacy of expensive sh it.

Where was Washington? I want him to succeed.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:44]
Manning on 22:45 - Jan 12 with 7552 viewsLongsufferingR

He's played three games and won the lot. He must think this football lark is a piece of pss.
Manning on 22:46 - Jan 12 with 7526 viewspaulparker

Manning on 22:39 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly! - Furs, Manning, Doughty, Comley. Shodipo on the bench. Gave the night a real gloss.

Brilliant performance from the lad he has a loverly touch and can put his foot in
also thought Furlong was excellent and miles better than perch, those loan spells seem to have built him up a treat
proud of QPR tonight , i was talking to the ex landlord of general smuts tonight me & this irish fella willing the Rs on in an empty pub
we seem to have a team again and thats all you can ask

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 22:47 - Jan 12 with 7509 viewsloneranger1

Manning on 22:43 - Jan 12 by SuffolkHoop

Manning was MOM for me. Things change quickly in football don't they...And we've finally got rid of useless Redknapps legacy of expensive sh it.

Where was Washington? I want him to succeed.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:44]

Think Washington picked up an injury in midweek unfortunately
Manning on 22:48 - Jan 12 with 7478 viewsFDC

Interesting comment from Sinton on the Loftcast saying that Manning had never looked particularly special for the U23s but had obviously really responded to the bigger stage and had taken it up a level. If that's the case big credit due to IH for giving these young guns a chance to show what they're made of.

A great game today, looks like he's played at this level for years. And pass of the season for the goal!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:59]
Manning on 22:52 - Jan 12 with 7432 viewsMrSheen

Manning on 22:52 - Jan 12 with 7420 viewsrsonist

[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:53]
Manning on 22:56 - Jan 12 with 7367 viewsSuffolkHoop

Manning on 22:52 - Jan 12 by rsonist

[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:53]

What is Mannings contract situation?
Manning on 22:58 - Jan 12 with 7344 viewsbosh67

Manning on 22:56 - Jan 12 by SuffolkHoop

What is Mannings contract situation?

2018 I think. Needs to be extended quick.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 23:08 - Jan 12 with 7273 viewsDeepcutHoop

Manning on 22:24 - Jan 12 by bosh67

Takes up some terrific positions and sees the game very quickly. Pass for the goal with the outside of his left foot was total class. Getting better with each game.

Might just be my favourite assist since Taarabt to Routledge.

I'm a sucker for an outside of the foot pass, clearly
Manning on 23:11 - Jan 12 with 7233 viewsMarc

Manning on 22:58 - Jan 12 by bosh67

2018 I think. Needs to be extended quick.

Out of contract this summer
Manning on 23:15 - Jan 12 with 7184 viewsconnell10

Manning on 23:08 - Jan 12 by DeepcutHoop

Might just be my favourite assist since Taarabt to Routledge.

I'm a sucker for an outside of the foot pass, clearly

yet that kunts trumpet on sky at halftime tried to say it was a miss hit shot, that got me screaming at the screen! That pass was sublime , in fact the whole set up for the goal was perfection !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Manning on 23:46 - Jan 12 with 7033 viewsNoelmc

Manning on 23:15 - Jan 12 by connell10

yet that kunts trumpet on sky at halftime tried to say it was a miss hit shot, that got me screaming at the screen! That pass was sublime , in fact the whole set up for the goal was perfection !

World class pass.

First time, off the outside of the left foot. It was Faurlinesque!
Manning on 23:53 - Jan 12 with 6970 viewssmegma

Manning on 22:48 - Jan 12 by FDC

Interesting comment from Sinton on the Loftcast saying that Manning had never looked particularly special for the U23s but had obviously really responded to the bigger stage and had taken it up a level. If that's the case big credit due to IH for giving these young guns a chance to show what they're made of.

A great game today, looks like he's played at this level for years. And pass of the season for the goal!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:59]

I think Sinton was harsh. Seen him about 15 times for the U23s and the only time he didn't shine was when he was strangely played in defence for some unknown reason.
Manning on 00:54 - Jan 13 with 6850 viewsNeil_SI

It was a really clever ball, the kind of pass you don't see too many players attempt to make these days, because a lot of them are athletes before they are footballers. But this lad looks like he is a footballer, which is a good sign. I miss those guys.

It was all the more impressive that he showed such composure and vision to be able to produce such a fantastic pass, in what was only his third appearance as a pro. You hope this is the kind of moment that helps elevate him to the next level too, as sometimes these key events can have a profound impact on youngsters.

But, as ever, we need to keep our feet on the ground and give him the breathing space and time to develop. He still has a long way to go to prove he can perform consistently over a lengthy period of time. It's fair to say however that he's slotted right in and looked at home so far, and long may that continue.
Manning on 01:03 - Jan 13 with 6823 viewsNorthernr

He's got big balls on him. Likes tackling, likes trying difficult passes, puts himself in positions to make a difference, makes things happen. No passive, sideways, bullsht - let's go out there and fcking do it. Very encouraging.
Manning on 01:07 - Jan 13 with 6813 viewssimmo

That pass though......

I thought he was a winger initially but he's shown what he's all about after 3 games, not just his tenacity and passing which is decent, especially going forward, but his positional play to work in tandem with the rest of the CM and arrive in the box at the right time etc. Wonderful to see.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning on 06:45 - Jan 13 with 6587 viewsYorkRanger

Manning on 01:07 - Jan 13 by simmo

That pass though......

I thought he was a winger initially but he's shown what he's all about after 3 games, not just his tenacity and passing which is decent, especially going forward, but his positional play to work in tandem with the rest of the CM and arrive in the box at the right time etc. Wonderful to see.

Also nice to see Doughty get on. You could see how keen he was. Maybe he will be given a bit more time....
Manning on 06:49 - Jan 13 with 6573 viewsYorkRanger

Manning on 00:54 - Jan 13 by Neil_SI

It was a really clever ball, the kind of pass you don't see too many players attempt to make these days, because a lot of them are athletes before they are footballers. But this lad looks like he is a footballer, which is a good sign. I miss those guys.

It was all the more impressive that he showed such composure and vision to be able to produce such a fantastic pass, in what was only his third appearance as a pro. You hope this is the kind of moment that helps elevate him to the next level too, as sometimes these key events can have a profound impact on youngsters.

But, as ever, we need to keep our feet on the ground and give him the breathing space and time to develop. He still has a long way to go to prove he can perform consistently over a lengthy period of time. It's fair to say however that he's slotted right in and looked at home so far, and long may that continue.

Agreed Neil. We shouldn't get carried away, but we could be forgiven for being just a little excited about it...
Manning on 07:31 - Jan 13 with 6449 viewsElHoop

He looks really good - all round. The goal was as much about him getting there and where he was when he got there. This is what we haven't been doing - getting midfielders up the pitch into the right areas and doing something useful when they get there. I hate to say it but there was something vaguely Fat Frankish about his contribution to the goal. Also hate to say it but Harry deserves a little bit of credit for him being with us:
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-th
We do need to sort out his contract though, if we haven't done so already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024