Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green Party wades into Warren Farm 09:36 - Aug 2 with 12561 viewsKensal_Ranger

Breaks your heart...
http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default.asp?section=info&page=eawarrenfarmrewilding
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 09:39 - Aug 2 with 7873 viewsBuckR

Oh for ffs - Be chaining themselves to trees outside it next
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 09:48 - Aug 2 with 7812 viewsNorthernr

Have they ever seen a Geoff Cameron loose in the wild though? They'll soon change their tune when they behold his magnificence.
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 09:51 - Aug 2 with 7796 viewsCroydonCaptJack

'Billion pound football club'

Does that include the debt!!
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 09:56 - Aug 2 with 7746 viewsconnell10

Well to be honest im all for conservation but that picture just looks like a whole load of old weeds!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 09:57 - Aug 2 with 7755 viewspeejaybee

Just wait till the first lot of Travellers/Illegal Tippers Etc turn up and Blight there Wild Warren Farm.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 10:28 - Aug 2 with 7631 viewsderbyhoop

Rewilding FFS!!!!

The place is a dilapidated dump which the local council cannot afford to maintain.
It's not as if they are gifting the land to QPR. As I understand it it will be on a long lease, presumably with some ground rent payable.
For that they get a restored community asset.
From all I read, QPR are sensitive to local needs, as demonstrated by the QPR Community Trust, and have promised community access as well. Instead of sounding off inthe local media this guy would be well advised to speak to QPR and see if his concerns could be allayed.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 10:46 - Aug 2 with 7576 viewsDorse

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 10:28 - Aug 2 by derbyhoop

Rewilding FFS!!!!

The place is a dilapidated dump which the local council cannot afford to maintain.
It's not as if they are gifting the land to QPR. As I understand it it will be on a long lease, presumably with some ground rent payable.
For that they get a restored community asset.
From all I read, QPR are sensitive to local needs, as demonstrated by the QPR Community Trust, and have promised community access as well. Instead of sounding off inthe local media this guy would be well advised to speak to QPR and see if his concerns could be allayed.

I think this is all because of what Les did to the Blue Peter garden.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 11:53 - Aug 2 with 7419 viewsMedwayR

Utter drivel.

"handed over 61 acres of prime Metropolitan Land (Green Belt) to QPR Football Club for free"
- We have to provide, through the construction and maintenance of, community sports facilities. That's not free.

"billion-pound football club" but also "financial pressures at QPR Football Club"
- Can't be both can it.

"violated the terms of Metropolitan Open Land, contravened the Mayor’s London Plan, and was condemned by local and national environmental groups"
- Yet the courts, at every single level, agreed with Ealing Council's decision.

"These objections were swept aside with a combination of Ealing Council’s assistance and the expensive legal firm that QPR employed and unfortunately the poor people of Ealing didn’t stand a chance."
- Save Warren Farm took it to court, not Ealing Council or QPR. They lost every time but kept going back for more. Can't plead poverty and poor little me now. Did they expect QPR's legal firm to be a bunch of nobodies.

"Due to the dilapidated state of Warren Farm and the complete neglect by Ealing Council since the ‘sale’"
- Since the sale?!? It was neglected long before that.

“Given that we are at a time of decimation of wild species across the world, it is so exciting to see how quickly nature bounces back when spaces are left to rewild.”
- So the 1/3 of Warren Farm that won't be used for QPR or community facilities will be left to become wild yes? I doubt it, I expect the dog walkers etc will want to use the space.

"dump 180,000 cubic metres of “Landfill” on to the natural habitats"
- Nice use of "dump" and "landfill" to make it sound like we'll be fly-tipping and dumping waste on the site when it'll actually be excavated earth in order to level the site.

"For the sake of the future of all the country’s wildlife, Warren Farm’s current flourishing wildlife, and the air that we all breath: I urge you Christopher Lee of Populous Architects, you QPR Chairman Amit Bhatia, you Julian Bell of Ealing Council, and you Sadiq Khan Mayor of London to reconsider."
- Just pathetic.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 11:59 - Aug 2 with 7376 viewsPunteR

What a load of nonsense. Same could be said for any area left untouched. Nature just takes over. What about all the developers building in the so called green belt around london.. Fly over England and look down, acres and acres of green space.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:01 - Aug 2 with 7367 viewsTonto

He contradicts himself. If Ealing Council hadn't "abandoned" the site then the nature couldn't have "bounced back"...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:02 - Aug 2 with 7362 viewsRangersDave

surely the fecking birds have flown the nests now?
we should be in like flint and start doing stuff. once we do the 'activists' can do one, as its done.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:11 - Aug 2 with 7321 viewsisawqpratwcity

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 11:53 - Aug 2 by MedwayR

Utter drivel.

"handed over 61 acres of prime Metropolitan Land (Green Belt) to QPR Football Club for free"
- We have to provide, through the construction and maintenance of, community sports facilities. That's not free.

"billion-pound football club" but also "financial pressures at QPR Football Club"
- Can't be both can it.

"violated the terms of Metropolitan Open Land, contravened the Mayor’s London Plan, and was condemned by local and national environmental groups"
- Yet the courts, at every single level, agreed with Ealing Council's decision.

"These objections were swept aside with a combination of Ealing Council’s assistance and the expensive legal firm that QPR employed and unfortunately the poor people of Ealing didn’t stand a chance."
- Save Warren Farm took it to court, not Ealing Council or QPR. They lost every time but kept going back for more. Can't plead poverty and poor little me now. Did they expect QPR's legal firm to be a bunch of nobodies.

"Due to the dilapidated state of Warren Farm and the complete neglect by Ealing Council since the ‘sale’"
- Since the sale?!? It was neglected long before that.

“Given that we are at a time of decimation of wild species across the world, it is so exciting to see how quickly nature bounces back when spaces are left to rewild.”
- So the 1/3 of Warren Farm that won't be used for QPR or community facilities will be left to become wild yes? I doubt it, I expect the dog walkers etc will want to use the space.

"dump 180,000 cubic metres of “Landfill” on to the natural habitats"
- Nice use of "dump" and "landfill" to make it sound like we'll be fly-tipping and dumping waste on the site when it'll actually be excavated earth in order to level the site.

"For the sake of the future of all the country’s wildlife, Warren Farm’s current flourishing wildlife, and the air that we all breath: I urge you Christopher Lee of Populous Architects, you QPR Chairman Amit Bhatia, you Julian Bell of Ealing Council, and you Sadiq Khan Mayor of London to reconsider."
- Just pathetic.

A lot of excellent rebuttals there, but just goes to show, they are getting out there and drumming up support, while we are left to play catch up, refuting their lies.

The sooner it gets started, the sooner everyone will get used to the idea of the project.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:15 - Aug 2 with 7305 viewskropotkin41

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:02 - Aug 2 by RangersDave

surely the fecking birds have flown the nests now?
we should be in like flint and start doing stuff. once we do the 'activists' can do one, as its done.

There are loads of really good ecological design routes around this objection. High standard ecological building design, habitat creation and native plantings. There is sbdolutely no reason why a football training facility has to be destructive of opportunities for rewilding, on the contrary. Just for a start, Spurs have an organic garden providing players' food. I'd like to see the Green Party up in arms to stop a renewably powered, green roofed, rainwater harvesting, habitat providing building development surrounded by native wild plantings and with an organic fruit and vegetable garden attached. Any questions?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:33 - Aug 2 with 7235 viewsKensal_Ranger

@savewarrenfarm appears to have morphed into, or maybe spawned is more appropriate, @HanwellNature
Having ultimately lost the legal battles, the new angle of attack is to launch a cleverly crafted guilt-trip campaign.
The board needs to re-frame this quickly before it really gets out of hand.
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 7172 viewsE17hoop

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:33 - Aug 2 by Kensal_Ranger

@savewarrenfarm appears to have morphed into, or maybe spawned is more appropriate, @HanwellNature
Having ultimately lost the legal battles, the new angle of attack is to launch a cleverly crafted guilt-trip campaign.
The board needs to re-frame this quickly before it really gets out of hand.

They're flooding social media with it. I'd guess QPR are choosing to ignore to avoid getting involved in a detailed argument about individual species. When the work starts, QPR need to highlight the environmental, economic and social benefits of the proposed work. If that means adapting some of the plans to recognise some concerns, water use, energy use, etc, this should be couched as a response to the concerns being raised now.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:06 - Aug 2 with 7135 viewsDorse

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 12:15 - Aug 2 by kropotkin41

There are loads of really good ecological design routes around this objection. High standard ecological building design, habitat creation and native plantings. There is sbdolutely no reason why a football training facility has to be destructive of opportunities for rewilding, on the contrary. Just for a start, Spurs have an organic garden providing players' food. I'd like to see the Green Party up in arms to stop a renewably powered, green roofed, rainwater harvesting, habitat providing building development surrounded by native wild plantings and with an organic fruit and vegetable garden attached. Any questions?

You, Sir, have nailed it.

If we can get a decent, sustainable design in place that is sympathetic to the natural setting and could even act as an exemplar to other architects and developers, I think we would actually provide what it is they think Warren Farm should be.

The whole 'Garden City' thing put forward by the Government a few years back never really took off but a project of this type could actually kick start a planning revolution. Architects have been proposing vertical horticulture (not 'uphill gardening', you filthy beasts) and green walls / roofs for years: why not show how it could actually work?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:10 - Aug 2 with 7107 viewsBenny_the_Ball

This ijit has only piped up because he's noticed that works are yet to commence.

I urge you Christopher Lee of Populous Architects, you QPR Chairman Amit Bhatia, you Julian Bell of Ealing Council, and you Sadiq Khan Mayor of London - can we just get on with it please.
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:12 - Aug 2 with 7092 viewsR_from_afar

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 11:59 - Aug 2 by PunteR

What a load of nonsense. Same could be said for any area left untouched. Nature just takes over. What about all the developers building in the so called green belt around london.. Fly over England and look down, acres and acres of green space.

"Same could be said for any area left untouched. Nature just takes over".
That is exactly what I was about to say.

I am hugely into sustainability and green issues but that site is not going to remain as it is. If it doesn't end up being our training ground, it will end up a housing estate.

Perhaps one of us should put in a planning application for a nuclear power station. That might focus their minds

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:17 - Aug 2 with 7062 viewsDannyPaddox

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:06 - Aug 2 by Dorse

You, Sir, have nailed it.

If we can get a decent, sustainable design in place that is sympathetic to the natural setting and could even act as an exemplar to other architects and developers, I think we would actually provide what it is they think Warren Farm should be.

The whole 'Garden City' thing put forward by the Government a few years back never really took off but a project of this type could actually kick start a planning revolution. Architects have been proposing vertical horticulture (not 'uphill gardening', you filthy beasts) and green walls / roofs for years: why not show how it could actually work?

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:48 - Aug 2 with 6954 viewsbigstevec

Can only be a matter of time before Saint Greta turns up with her entourage!
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:58 - Aug 2 with 6919 viewsw7r

Has it really been 5 years? I live in Hanwell and can see their point to some extent, what's happened over there is interesting. Having played over there on many occasions, what was there was a indeed a dump and anyone who had used the pitch and "facilities" there couldn't argue with that. Anyway I don't think it'll happen now, we seem to be incapable of getting a spade into the ground, add to that our lack of cash I think it'll end up be developed in some other way.
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 15:01 - Aug 2 with 6796 viewshoopdog

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:58 - Aug 2 by w7r

Has it really been 5 years? I live in Hanwell and can see their point to some extent, what's happened over there is interesting. Having played over there on many occasions, what was there was a indeed a dump and anyone who had used the pitch and "facilities" there couldn't argue with that. Anyway I don't think it'll happen now, we seem to be incapable of getting a spade into the ground, add to that our lack of cash I think it'll end up be developed in some other way.

As well you know W7 there are plenty of alternatives in the area Trumper way 3fields
The reclaimed land fill from M4 to the long wood as well as parts of elthorn pk ,
I make it a storm in a tea cup that suits the owners due to the delays
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:02]
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 15:24 - Aug 2 with 6742 viewsw7r

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 15:01 - Aug 2 by hoopdog

As well you know W7 there are plenty of alternatives in the area Trumper way 3fields
The reclaimed land fill from M4 to the long wood as well as parts of elthorn pk ,
I make it a storm in a tea cup that suits the owners due to the delays
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:02]

It probably does suit the owners to some extent, which to me indicates they may be cooling on the idea. If they really are intent why aren't they making noises about it and getting the work started? The new TG was being trumpeted as one way to make the club more attractive to young talent, enabling us to develop and sell on for a profit, if I remember correctly that was being spoken of as key component to our future, self-sustaining business model.
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 15:43 - Aug 2 with 6695 viewshoopdog

Will they want it if they carry out their plans to move out of the bough out west??
If the LC goes tlts up
Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 15:54 - Aug 2 with 6661 viewsDejR_vu

Green Party wades into Warren Farm on 13:10 - Aug 2 by Benny_the_Ball

This ijit has only piped up because he's noticed that works are yet to commence.

I urge you Christopher Lee of Populous Architects, you QPR Chairman Amit Bhatia, you Julian Bell of Ealing Council, and you Sadiq Khan Mayor of London - can we just get on with it please.

I hope i’m wrong but let’s be honest, this is never going to be built under these owners is it?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024