Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP question 17:57 - Aug 7 with 4476 viewsLazyFan

Apologies if this was already answered.

Derby FC have sold their ground for £40m to themselves and to keep themselves inside FFP.

But what is to stop them buying back the ground 1 year later for say £10m as infrastructure costs do not count under FFP and thus having a transfer kitty and also 3 years of possible losses reset every couple of years or so?

Are there any rules against this? Can they rinse and repeat?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

FFP question on 12:35 - Aug 8 with 1007 viewsisawqpratwcity

FFP question on 12:07 - Aug 8 by terryb

I think you will find we "splashed the cash " to gain promotion under Harold. Nearly £80 million on wages that season.

I definitely agree with you on "spunking the cash on luxury players upon promotion" though!

It wasn't just Redknapp. Hughes and, yes, Warnock wasted huge amounts on terrible players in the Premier.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

FFP question on 13:13 - Aug 8 with 971 viewsridethewave

FFP question on 10:50 - Aug 8 by stowmarketrange

There is no way that the efl will make themselves look even more stupid by kicking any fuss about England’s record goal scorer joining one of the clubs in their top division.Whether it is done legally or not.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 10:51]

Good point.
FFP question on 14:28 - Aug 8 with 927 viewsnick_hammersmith

FFP question on 11:01 - Aug 8 by colinallcars

Hmm...I don't think they spent much last season and have spent the princely sum of one million this summer.

I think they are still trying to balance the books after years like this
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/transfers/verein/1123/plus/0?saison
Their wage budget will be similar to ours was...
FFP question on 14:33 - Aug 8 with 918 viewsswisscottage

FFP question on 18:22 - Aug 7 by DavieQPR

The ground was valued at £40m but their owner actually bought it for £8om. This meant they showed a small profit for the year. FL aren't bothered as a couple of other clubs have done this. FL only go after small income clubs.

forgive me for being simple, but isn't that money laundering and illegal ?
FFP question on 14:38 - Aug 8 with 903 viewscpgerber

FFP question on 14:33 - Aug 8 by swisscottage

forgive me for being simple, but isn't that money laundering and illegal ?

Money laundering is bringing money that was obtained illegally into the financial system. So unless the £80m used to purchase the stadium was from e.g. drug sales, it not laundering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024