Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump vs Twitter 21:39 - May 28 with 18136 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/technology/trump-twitter-fact-check.html?acti

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52821304
[Post edited 28 May 2020 21:44]
Trump vs Twitter on 21:44 - May 28 with 5306 viewsMiss_Terraces

I hope they both lose

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Trump vs Twitter on 21:48 - May 28 with 5285 viewsBucksRanger

If fact checking catches on, I hope you realise how much extra work Northern will have to do.
Trump vs Twitter on 22:07 - May 28 with 5196 views2Thomas2Bowles

Twitter the oracle for facts.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump vs Twitter on 08:59 - May 29 with 5092 viewstraininvain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52843986

Trump’s signed an executive order removing some of the legal protections given to social media platforms. This places more onus on the likes of Twitter and Facebook to moderate content which is probably a good thing in my view as many platforms allow the spread of misinformation. But it’ll be difficult to pull off (how do you go about editing Twitter or Facebook) and I’m not sure how this helps Trump as he’s been one of the main beneficiaries of the spread of misinformation on social media.

Perhaps he wants Twitter to delete or heavily moderate his account so that he can play the victim card ahead of the election and drum up support from his base. Strange tactic as you’d expect people to see through this but maybe that’s expecting too much!
Trump vs Twitter on 07:43 - May 30 with 4916 viewstraininvain

This is chilling. Police shooting at the media during US protests. Yesterday they arrested a black CNN reporter for no reason. Not hard to see where this is all coming from. The stakes continue to increase ahead of the election in November.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1266552262563954695
Trump vs Twitter on 16:45 - May 30 with 4769 viewsQPR_Jim

Trump vs Twitter on 08:59 - May 29 by traininvain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52843986

Trump’s signed an executive order removing some of the legal protections given to social media platforms. This places more onus on the likes of Twitter and Facebook to moderate content which is probably a good thing in my view as many platforms allow the spread of misinformation. But it’ll be difficult to pull off (how do you go about editing Twitter or Facebook) and I’m not sure how this helps Trump as he’s been one of the main beneficiaries of the spread of misinformation on social media.

Perhaps he wants Twitter to delete or heavily moderate his account so that he can play the victim card ahead of the election and drum up support from his base. Strange tactic as you’d expect people to see through this but maybe that’s expecting too much!

"The executive order argues that this immunity should no longer apply if a social network edits posts, such as by adding a warning or a label."

I think that the game is keep labelling his posts and you'll be tied up in lawsuits, don't put warning labels on posts and you're free of possible lawsuits.

Such a blatant abuse of power to settle a personal dispute but his supporters won't care. They want Trump to continue making these statements on twitter as it validates their own beliefs, whether it's correct or not is irrelevant.
Trump vs Twitter on 16:57 - May 30 with 4750 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Trump vs Twitter on 07:43 - May 30 by traininvain

This is chilling. Police shooting at the media during US protests. Yesterday they arrested a black CNN reporter for no reason. Not hard to see where this is all coming from. The stakes continue to increase ahead of the election in November.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1266552262563954695

Please read up on the reports of what is happening in major US cities before posting .
Peaceful protest during the day turns into violent clashes after dark and then the wave of rioting and looting begins culminating in fires being set in any unprotected building.
Even with every available assets like the National Guard those cities are being overwhelmed and the destruction of property catastrophic.
Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy .
Its unbelievable restrain by law enforcement faced with dire circumstances .
The virus lockdown combined with historic unemployment has people on edge then this horrific video of George Floyd being chocked to death was the match to the firewood .
The police Officer has been arrested and will be found guilty IMO but burning down buildings and rioting and looting has to stop.
Trump vs Twitter on 17:20 - May 30 with 4723 viewsqprd

Trump vs Twitter on 16:57 - May 30 by CLAREMAN1995

Please read up on the reports of what is happening in major US cities before posting .
Peaceful protest during the day turns into violent clashes after dark and then the wave of rioting and looting begins culminating in fires being set in any unprotected building.
Even with every available assets like the National Guard those cities are being overwhelmed and the destruction of property catastrophic.
Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy .
The virus lockdown combined with historic unemployment has people on edge then this horrific video of George Floyd being chocked to death was the match to the firewood .
The police Officer has been arrested and will be found guilty IMO but burning down buildings and rioting and looting has to stop.

Curiously, on what basis do you say that these protests are well financed and organized by groups whose purpose is to destroy?
Login to get fewer ads

Trump vs Twitter on 19:50 - May 30 with 4648 viewstraininvain

I’ve read plenty thanks and the video i posted clearly shows the police shooting at news reporters. Hardly surprising given the president has spent the past few years labelling the media the enemy of the people.

Partly agree with the final two paragraphs btw. But not as confident as you that the police officer will be found guilty. History suggests otherwise.

I’d be interested to see a source to verify this: ‘Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy.’

I’ve heard rumours that white nationalists have infiltrated the protests to create maximum chaos but all sounds a bit far fetched.
Trump vs Twitter on 20:26 - May 30 with 4615 viewsRanger_Things

"Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy ."

-----------------------------------

Definitely. The riots are being funded and orchestrated by Obama and China.

100%.
Trump vs Twitter on 20:33 - May 30 with 4596 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Trump vs Twitter on 19:50 - May 30 by traininvain

I’ve read plenty thanks and the video i posted clearly shows the police shooting at news reporters. Hardly surprising given the president has spent the past few years labelling the media the enemy of the people.

Partly agree with the final two paragraphs btw. But not as confident as you that the police officer will be found guilty. History suggests otherwise.

I’d be interested to see a source to verify this: ‘Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy.’

I’ve heard rumours that white nationalists have infiltrated the protests to create maximum chaos but all sounds a bit far fetched.

I have lived in America for 30 years and have never seen police open fire on media once in that time .However if the video shows it happening then maybe its going but it makes zero sense .I did not mean to imply you had zero knowledge of whats happening so if it came across like that I apologize
The Attorney General of the US just announced that ANTIFA have travelled across State lines to incite riots and cause bodily harm which are both felonies and will be prosecuted as such.
The Police Chief of Minnesota has described the size of ANTIFA and Far Right White Nationalists as almost 50% of the crowd which is shocking .Fortunately they appear to have the Military and police personnel ready for tonight .
Trump vs Twitter on 09:22 - May 31 with 4455 viewstraininvain

More reports of journalists being shot, pepper sprayed etc despite showing press credentials. Starting to think the authorities want the media to stay away/stop reporting so they can ‘deal’ with the protestors which feels ominous.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SarahBelleLin/status/1266996832514658304?ref_src=twsr

In New York a police car has driven into a big crowd of day time protestors. I understand the police need to protect themselves but the video shows they could’ve quite easily reversed. This isn’t going to help deescalate the situation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/smarty/status/1266893146505400325

And a guy turned up to Salt Lake City protests shouting ‘all lives matter’ (I agree but think he may be missing the point, not many innocent white people dying at the hands of the police) and pointing a bow and arrow at protestors. Unsurprisingly given a kicking by the crowd.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1266898359677325312?s=19

Not to mention widespread looting and general destruction of property with some claiming it’s the work of outsiders looking to create more carnage (ANTIFA, white nationalists take your pick).

Basically, complete carnage across major cities in the US. Probably unsurprising given the current situation including the pandemic, political climate, 30% unemployment (people have nothing to lose) and regular occurrences of police brutality against black people.

Meanwhile, the president who was supposed to make America great again hides in the White House occasionally tweeting. The fallacy of electing a businessman/reality tv star as president is fast unravelling. Real leadership capable of healing wounds and uniting people is needed in this situation and I can’t see it coming from the president.

Going to leave this here. Killer Mike (rap name) talking a lot of sense: https://mobile.twitter.com/mentnelson/status/1266562774118907904
Trump vs Twitter on 09:29 - May 31 with 4413 views2Thomas2Bowles

Gun sales shot (pun) up as the pandemic started, what were those people thinking.

Trump vs Twitter on 10:06 - May 31 with 4400 viewsqpr85

Trump vs Twitter on 20:26 - May 30 by Ranger_Things

"Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy ."

-----------------------------------

Definitely. The riots are being funded and orchestrated by Obama and China.

100%.

I believe it's pronounced CHI-NA

I can't believe Twitter moderated a tweet that was more of a warning to people than glorifying violence.

Not to say his tweets shouldn't be moderated, but this was was a clear warning to looters.

Problem with this is people are angry, they've been "locked up" for 8/9 weeks lost their jobs and a man needlessly gets murdered Infront of everyone. Oh and by the way he was unresisting, handcuffed and with his last breath informed the officer he couldn't breathe.
To add fuel to the fire he was black!!

To say there was white supremacists orchestrating rioting isn't actually that far a stretch. This is a state full of corruption and the first thing Trump says something about it, he goes with the corrupt police force. Shows the type of man he is.

All I would say is I've read rumours that the gentleman in question worked in security for years and worked with the copper on his throat.
Also I've read that the coroner's report said he died of underlying health conditions until the video came out.

If either is true then I fear there is far more to come, but the good thing is Trump is too ignorant and will find himself in more bother than this little storm in a tea cup. This is only the beginning of the argument 🤦
Trump vs Twitter on 10:14 - May 31 with 4382 viewsClive_Anderson

"not many innocent white people dying at the hands of the police"

This just isn't true, the police there kill a lot more white people than black, they are brutal to everyone there.

It's worth pointing out that they kill more blacks per capita there, in fact the correlation with race is the same as the amount of violent crime caused by each group. Native Americans are twice as likely to get killed by police than blacks and white people are twice as likely as Chinese.

It's not just a racist problem against black people there as it is being presented by the media. There's a lot of race baiting going on.
Trump vs Twitter on 10:31 - May 31 with 4367 viewstraininvain

That’ll explain all the videos of white people being unjustly shot or killed in the street by black police officers. Come on Clive, do you honestly believe that racism towards white people in the US is anywhere near what black people experience.

And that’s without going into the whole historical context of the situation. It’s a ridiculous comparison.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 10:31]
Trump vs Twitter on 10:54 - May 31 with 4338 viewsClive_Anderson

"That’ll explain all the videos of white people being unjustly shot or killed in the street by black police officers."

No they are unjustly shot by mostly white police officers and sometimes black officers.

Chinese are killed by police at half the rate of whites there, are they being racist against whites too?
Trump vs Twitter on 12:43 - May 31 with 4255 viewsTacticalR

Great tirade about the police from Jimmy Dore.

As he points out at the beginning, Chauvin 'was the subject of a dozen police conduct complaints; he was never disciplined'.

Air hostess clique

Trump vs Twitter on 12:56 - May 31 with 4239 viewstraininvain

Trump vs Twitter on 10:54 - May 31 by Clive_Anderson

"That’ll explain all the videos of white people being unjustly shot or killed in the street by black police officers."

No they are unjustly shot by mostly white police officers and sometimes black officers.

Chinese are killed by police at half the rate of whites there, are they being racist against whites too?

Plenty of videos online of policemen/women, sherrifs etc joining in the protests. Even they acknowledge the problem but you seem to think it’s all fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile/comments/gttn56/cops_in_flint_laid_down_all

If you don’t think there’s a problem then the likelihood is that you’re part of the problem.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 12:59]
Trump vs Twitter on 13:09 - May 31 with 4199 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump vs Twitter on 12:56 - May 31 by traininvain

Plenty of videos online of policemen/women, sherrifs etc joining in the protests. Even they acknowledge the problem but you seem to think it’s all fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile/comments/gttn56/cops_in_flint_laid_down_all

If you don’t think there’s a problem then the likelihood is that you’re part of the problem.

He should be locked up for shaking hands and not staying 2m away and inforcing it to save lives with his batten and gun....

Not a real cop ... no Rayban's innit
[Post edited 31 May 2020 13:22]

Trump vs Twitter on 13:27 - May 31 with 4186 viewsClive_Anderson

Trump vs Twitter on 12:56 - May 31 by traininvain

I didn't say there wasn't a problem, I said the police are lunatics there, just that it wasn't purely a problem of white people being racist against blacks as is being portrayed and I used data to back up my argument.
Trump vs Twitter on 13:28 - May 31 with 4187 viewsNorthernr

Load of Trump/Epstein court documents leaked onto there today, plus Epstein’s famous little black book with Flavio, Bernie and Agag all listed.
Trump vs Twitter on 13:31 - May 31 with 4186 viewsJimmyR

Trump vs Twitter on 20:33 - May 30 by CLAREMAN1995

I have lived in America for 30 years and have never seen police open fire on media once in that time .However if the video shows it happening then maybe its going but it makes zero sense .I did not mean to imply you had zero knowledge of whats happening so if it came across like that I apologize
The Attorney General of the US just announced that ANTIFA have travelled across State lines to incite riots and cause bodily harm which are both felonies and will be prosecuted as such.
The Police Chief of Minnesota has described the size of ANTIFA and Far Right White Nationalists as almost 50% of the crowd which is shocking .Fortunately they appear to have the Military and police personnel ready for tonight .

Sorry the attorney general is a republican? So he is saying that the far right at the same time trump is tweeting that it is the far left?. I have no idea who the protesters are but it seems unlikely to me that the far right are that upset about the police murder of a black American.

‘The Police Chief of Minnesota has described the size of ANTIFA and Far Right White Nationalists as almost 50% of the crowd which is shocking’ Which crowd? How me could be possibly know that? Has he been taking an opinion poll in the middle of a riot?

Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy — Please elaborate? Who? Why?
This is a really strange post, telling others to read up before posting — Then posting unsubstantiated generalisations that contradict yourself. What is your point? Are you a twitter bot?? Its almost as though your intention is to deliberately annoy/outrage others
Personally I hope the angry mob Donald Trump created, that are now outside his house drag him outside and kneel on his neck till he can’t breathe
Trump vs Twitter on 14:12 - May 31 with 4136 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump vs Twitter on 13:28 - May 31 by Northernr

Load of Trump/Epstein court documents leaked onto there today, plus Epstein’s famous little black book with Flavio, Bernie and Agag all listed.

I watched Filthy Rich on Netflix's the other day, Prince Andrew proper guilty.

Bill Clinton has a lot to hide.

The Epstein sweetheart deal truly shocking

I did feel a couple of the women were not honest, they knew what they were doing from the start only playing victim after, they were both over 18 but Epstein was a real pedo.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 14:26]

Trump vs Twitter on 16:57 - May 31 with 4072 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Trump vs Twitter on 13:31 - May 31 by JimmyR

Sorry the attorney general is a republican? So he is saying that the far right at the same time trump is tweeting that it is the far left?. I have no idea who the protesters are but it seems unlikely to me that the far right are that upset about the police murder of a black American.

‘The Police Chief of Minnesota has described the size of ANTIFA and Far Right White Nationalists as almost 50% of the crowd which is shocking’ Which crowd? How me could be possibly know that? Has he been taking an opinion poll in the middle of a riot?

Its all being instigated by well financed and organized groups whose sole purpose is to destroy — Please elaborate? Who? Why?
This is a really strange post, telling others to read up before posting — Then posting unsubstantiated generalisations that contradict yourself. What is your point? Are you a twitter bot?? Its almost as though your intention is to deliberately annoy/outrage others
Personally I hope the angry mob Donald Trump created, that are now outside his house drag him outside and kneel on his neck till he can’t breathe

So basically you hope the elected President of the USA gets dragged out of the White house and killed that is pretty pathetic to be honest .
George Floyd had major health issues and had multiple drugs in his system plus he was complaining of being short of breath before the confrontation .Also that neck hold is actually a legal police tactic in Minnesota so technically the take down was not against their policies .However the cold heartless attitude of the officer now arrested and charged is inexcusable and he will face the jury soon.
As for the protests nobody has any problem with peaceful marches but its only a cover for the rioting and looting that follows as soon as darkness falls or in the LA case broad daylight .Nothing destroys sympathy for a legitimate cause like vandalism ,burning and looting stores in neighborhoods where they are needed the most .
ANTIFA (left radical terrorist's)have one goal to destroy the USA as we know it and use social justice causes like this one to blend in then unleash hell .
Far Right white Supremacist's have the same agenda but normally march and protest legally with proper permits and in daylight .However they are suspected or being instigators in many cities this week.
The truth will come out when the authorities release the arrest information .
Hopefully tonight will be calmer and everybody can come together and end this carnage
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024