Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glenn Roeder RIP 17:23 - Feb 28 with 13596 viewsNoelmc

Sky Sports reporting he has died aged 65.

Fantastic player for us in the early 80s. RIP Glenn.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 22:28 - Feb 28 with 2152 viewsBerkoRanger

One of my all time favourite Rangers players. Seeing that "shuffle" was worth the entrance fee on its own. RIP. Very very sad.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 23:21 - Feb 28 with 2072 viewsngbqpr

Pure class, and as has been said, way ahead of his time.

Today, he’d be first pick for England and playing for Pep.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Glenn Roeder RIP on 01:33 - Mar 1 with 1986 viewsjohncharles

People say Hanson was skilful and elegant bringing the ball out of defence but he was no Glenn Roeder.
RIP Glenn and thanks

Strong and stable my arse.

Glenn Roeder RIP on 02:10 - Mar 1 with 1973 viewsbob566

RIP GR
Glenn Roeder RIP on 02:21 - Mar 1 with 1964 viewstimcocking

Damn. A wonderful player, RIP.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 08:49 - Mar 1 with 1840 views2Thomas2Bowles

No mention of Glenn on BBC this morning.

C*nts

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Glenn Roeder RIP on 09:03 - Mar 1 with 1824 viewsBlue_Castello

Wow was shocked to read this news today, he gave us so much pleasure and as has been pointed out already he was ahead of his time in skill and quality for a centre half.
RIP Glen thanks for the memory's......
Glenn Roeder RIP on 09:05 - Mar 1 with 1818 viewsnix

I didn't see him play but from all accounts he was a wonderful player and a lovely man. RIP and condolences to his family.
Login to get fewer ads

Glenn Roeder RIP on 09:06 - Mar 1 with 1817 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

I was 6 when he left so I don't remember him play but I often hear what a great player he was.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Glenn Roeder RIP on 09:08 - Mar 1 with 1807 viewsNorthantsHoop

RIP Glenn Roeder, what a great player he was for us, watching him do the shuffle from the loft, what an honour.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 13:20 - Mar 1 with 1667 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Glenn Roeder RIP on 13:52 - Mar 1 with 1629 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Glenn Roeder RIP on 13:20 - Mar 1 by Nov77

Terrible news, great player/leader RIP Glenn
Glenn Roeder RIP on 14:15 - Mar 1 with 1584 viewsCiderwithRsie

That's a lovely twitter thread from Don Shanks. Great to see he has QPR in his handle!
Glenn Roeder RIP on 15:51 - Mar 1 with 1490 viewskensalriser

Very sad. An imperious player for Rangers.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Glenn Roeder RIP on 16:28 - Mar 1 with 1457 viewsPinnerPaul

So sad - my Mum once had a conversation with him and Clive Allen on Greenford Station as they waited for a tube after training!
Glenn Roeder RIP on 16:34 - Mar 1 with 1447 viewswestberksr

Glenn Roeder RIP on 16:28 - Mar 1 by PinnerPaul

So sad - my Mum once had a conversation with him and Clive Allen on Greenford Station as they waited for a tube after training!

Played CB and at the time would have been 12/13 and probably ended up spraining my own ankle trying to unsuccessfully emulate the shuffle.

A player that was ahead of his time and just oozed class. Condolences to his family & friends; far too young...

RIP Shuffler
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:08 - Mar 1 with 1387 viewsderbyhoop

Wonderful player for us. Been fighting cancer for a while.

Condolences to his family.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:39 - Mar 1 with 1355 viewsNed_Kennedys

Glenn Roeder RIP on 08:49 - Mar 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No mention of Glenn on BBC this morning.

C*nts

To be fair there was a tribute on Match Of The Day 2 last night and Shearer was in the studio and talked about Glen.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:22 - Mar 1 with 1302 viewsDannyPaddox

Some great tributes here. Bosh’s story is wonderful. For me Glenn was the first defender I idolised. Up until then it was the attacking flair players that I was inspired by but Glenn had so much class - and flair - rare for a defender. He was the Beckenbauer of Shepherds Bush. I only mentioned his name the other day in a post-match zoom chat saying Rob Dickie has something of the Roeder about him the way he carries the ball out of defence. Glenn Roeder was one of the greatest captains QPR ever had. A privilege to watch him play. RIP.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 19:24]
Glenn Roeder RIP on 20:52 - Mar 1 with 1210 viewsextratimeR

Yes, a wonderful player, and how he would have loved to play in the modern game, would walk into most back fours, if you can catch a video of him look how he carries the ball into midfield, always has plenty of time, pushes his team up at the same time, yes Pep would have loved him, he was very similar to Hansen, also a very good player.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:27 - Mar 1 with 1172 viewsCiderwithRsie

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/01/glenn-roeder-kind-polite-humble
Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:31 - Mar 1 with 1162 viewsBoston

Glenn Roeder RIP on 20:52 - Mar 1 by extratimeR

Yes, a wonderful player, and how he would have loved to play in the modern game, would walk into most back fours, if you can catch a video of him look how he carries the ball into midfield, always has plenty of time, pushes his team up at the same time, yes Pep would have loved him, he was very similar to Hansen, also a very good player.

Did the Geordies like him as much as we did?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:38 - Mar 1 with 1146 viewsstowmarketrange

Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:31 - Mar 1 by Boston

Did the Geordies like him as much as we did?

I think they did judging by the comments from a few Geordie mates on Facebook.

A minutes applause is happening on Wednesday night,but surely a minutes silence would mark the occasion more?
Glenn Roeder RIP on 00:32 - Mar 2 with 1069 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:38 - Mar 1 by stowmarketrange

I think they did judging by the comments from a few Geordie mates on Facebook.

A minutes applause is happening on Wednesday night,but surely a minutes silence would mark the occasion more?

I like the applause myself when the stadium is full because you always get someone trying to break the silence and yes its a big ask .With zero fans the silence would work for sure .Either way a fitting tribute to GR .RIP playing with Macca in Heaven maybe
Glenn Roeder RIP on 01:30 - Mar 2 with 1052 viewsstowmarketrange

Glenn Roeder RIP on 00:32 - Mar 2 by CLAREMAN1995

I like the applause myself when the stadium is full because you always get someone trying to break the silence and yes its a big ask .With zero fans the silence would work for sure .Either way a fitting tribute to GR .RIP playing with Macca in Heaven maybe

I agree with you mate if there is a crowd,but 30 people clapping around the centre circle is not a proper show of respect in my opinion.I think the clapping was only brought in to stop the idiots from ruining a minute’s silence,but seeing as there isn’t a crowd,there is nobody to ruin it.
I think the silence would be a more moving event than applauding will be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024