Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lovely bloke! 19:47 - Nov 18 with 3044 viewsShotKneesHoop

https://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/news/19726355.joey-barton-faces-trial-al

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Lovely bloke! on 06:16 - Nov 19 with 2733 viewsnumptydumpty

Blimey

Not proven guilty yet but very very jekyll and Hyde character.

If Barton gets a guilty verdict, kicking a woman in the head, should never be allowed to work in football ever again.

Very sad all round though really.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Lovely bloke! on 08:09 - Nov 19 with 2635 viewsShotKneesHoop

Lovely bloke! on 06:16 - Nov 19 by numptydumpty

Blimey

Not proven guilty yet but very very jekyll and Hyde character.

If Barton gets a guilty verdict, kicking a woman in the head, should never be allowed to work in football ever again.

Very sad all round though really.

Would fit in well at Chelscum as coach.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 8:43]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Lovely bloke! on 08:48 - Nov 19 with 2574 viewsRs_Holy

Just another example of the trail of destruction he leaves where ever he goes? Hated him when he was at QPR, and I'm sure most fans of the clubs he has been associated with feel the same way.
Lovely bloke! on 10:33 - Nov 19 with 2442 viewsbosh67

There are definitely 2 Bartons.

I met him after he returned from France to play for us in his second stint. It was at an art exhibition and he couldn't have been nicer. Very into his art, articulate, very pleased to be enjoying his football at the club. You meet that Joey and you can't imagine that there is a switch that turns him into the other very disturbing version of himself. It's a shame really but there is no excuse for domestic violence or any other kind of violence, that he seems to be prone to.

I have to say that I don't see the footballer Barton that others seem to have hated at the club. Whatever he said or did when he crossed the white line to play for the team I always felt he gave everything. In the second stint I often thought he was one of the best players on the pitch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lovely bloke! on 10:50 - Nov 19 with 2386 viewsheadhoops

My son's friend plays for Rovers - Barton is a complete wrong' un.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Lovely bloke! on 10:56 - Nov 19 with 2379 viewsRs_Holy

Lovely bloke! on 10:33 - Nov 19 by bosh67

There are definitely 2 Bartons.

I met him after he returned from France to play for us in his second stint. It was at an art exhibition and he couldn't have been nicer. Very into his art, articulate, very pleased to be enjoying his football at the club. You meet that Joey and you can't imagine that there is a switch that turns him into the other very disturbing version of himself. It's a shame really but there is no excuse for domestic violence or any other kind of violence, that he seems to be prone to.

I have to say that I don't see the footballer Barton that others seem to have hated at the club. Whatever he said or did when he crossed the white line to play for the team I always felt he gave everything. In the second stint I often thought he was one of the best players on the pitch.

Fair enough Bosh but I found him infuriating on many occasions. Getting sent off at Man City in a match we all thought we needed to win was pretty unforgivable (plus all the after's when leaving the pitch was pathetic). He buggered off to France on loan in a season when we were bereft of decent players. He also had that annoying propensity to try the Hollywood pass in games which very rarely worked as did the vast majority of his set pieces. Other things also grate with him and QPR... he has slagged off our current manager whilst being a manager himself which is pretty crass (Warbs reaction was class). And that interview for Open All R's a while back when he spent virtually the whole interview going on and on about how fantastic Newcastle United were ... Oh and bragging to Karl Henry in a match against Wolves that QPR were paying him 60K a week was cringey... Glad Clint Hill is not associated with him any more!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 10:57]
Lovely bloke! on 15:00 - Nov 19 with 2191 viewsdanehoop

What I find incredible is just how he has remained in football as a career for so long given his his history, including convictions, for doing some fairly horrible things. Appreciate that he hasn't gone to court, yet alone been found guilty of what he has been charged with, but he does come across as a pretty disgusting excuse for a human being, irrespective of his football skill or apparent nascent management career.

Hated it when we signed him, thought he was at the very best mediocre when he played for us and felt he was one of the worst aspects of that period in our history, the Man City game just topped it off.

Never knowingly understood

Lovely bloke! on 15:04 - Nov 19 with 2174 viewskensalriser

The man's a psychopath. If it weren't for the privilege that being an elite footballer provides, he probably would have spent a fair amount of his adult life in prison. Which is where he should be given the threat he poses to others.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Lovely bloke! on 15:20 - Nov 19 with 2128 viewsPeterHucker

He's got to be the unluckiest man in the world. All these things that have happened to him throughout his career and yet none of them have ever been his fault.
Quite the trail of mishaps that have befallen him.

That time when the youth player made him stub out a cigar in his eye.
That time when he got in a punch up with a 15 year old on a pre-season tour.
That time he was done for assaulting people in McDonalds.
That other time when his City teammate Dabo made him assault him at the training ground.
That time when Tevez, Kompany and the other Man City players made him attack them. He never lost his head there remember, it might've looked like it but actually it was all an ingenious ploy to get one of their players sent off. Clever girl.
All those other times he was sent off for petulant bullshit in key games for QPR.
That time he was forced against his will to get involved in yet another training ground fight at Glasgow Rangers.
That time he was banned for breaking rules on betting, including betting on his own team. Not his fault of course, he didn't know he was breaking the rules.
That time when the Barnsley manager made him do another assault.

Poor old Joey.
When the dust settles and we find out what has really gone on here, I wonder who will be to blame for this so-called wifebeating thing.
Lovely bloke! on 15:56 - Nov 19 with 2064 viewsterryb

I thought it had been reported that Barton's wife had decided not to give evidence against him. I know that the CPS can still prosecute without the support of the victim, but that must make it very difficult to gain a guilty verdict.

I have no time for the man, as a footballer & more importantly as a human being. However, he does allow me to remember that wonderful moment when he was substituted against Liverpool!

Mackie coming on for him & Carroll replacing Suarez turned that match round.
Lovely bloke! on 18:10 - Nov 19 with 1886 viewswood_hoop

An odious human being, one ex player who I can only hope finally gets his just deserts wheter found guilty or not,

Big Bubba is waiting.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024