Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Beale — Patreon 08:07 - Jul 13 with 19951 viewsNorthernr

Michael Beale interview is up.

Free to read here...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58012

Or listen by sticking a couple of quid into the Patreon...

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords
Michael Beale — Patreon on 13:25 - Jul 13 with 4969 viewsdmm

I must add my thanks too, Clive. Such a great interview. And I am humming with all the positive vibes in the thread and feel excited to have Beale at our club.

I was also delighted to hear him say several times the owners' vision for the club is the same as his. I guess we've kind of heard that before but having Beale spell it out in the way he did makes me feel they really are getting it right now.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 14:11 - Jul 13 with 4816 viewsderbyhoop

Very impressive.
Certainly scores high on clear communications.
Realistic, as well.
Be interested to see
... if he gets the targets we are after
... which of the youngsters can be brought on

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Michael Beale — Patreon on 14:15 - Jul 13 with 4809 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:56 - Jul 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

His sense of humour is an upgrade on Mark Warburton if nothing else.

I liked what he said about finding out the tactics other teams used against us last season. Seems like a sensible approach.

Also I thought it interesting that he said he gave Neil Critchley advice about ”looking after one or two of the players he’s working with now”. Especially after seeing it on the video. It does seem there were maybe a few problems there as rumoured.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Michael Beale — Patreon on 14:27 - Jul 13 with 4771 viewsTheChef

Michael Beale — Patreon on 13:25 - Jul 13 by dmm

I must add my thanks too, Clive. Such a great interview. And I am humming with all the positive vibes in the thread and feel excited to have Beale at our club.

I was also delighted to hear him say several times the owners' vision for the club is the same as his. I guess we've kind of heard that before but having Beale spell it out in the way he did makes me feel they really are getting it right now.

Exactly - but then it would have been madness to go down a similar route as with Warburton and have that disconnect all over again.

So he's definitely a Mick then?

And well done daveB for the clips!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Michael Beale — Patreon on 14:45 - Jul 13 with 4707 viewsdavman

Michael Beale — Patreon on 14:27 - Jul 13 by TheChef

Exactly - but then it would have been madness to go down a similar route as with Warburton and have that disconnect all over again.

So he's definitely a Mick then?

And well done daveB for the clips!

Ace stuff as ever.

My fave was his line about cake; his chubbiness for someone relatively young involved daily in profession sport has not gone unnoticed.

I just cannot see without more strength in depth OR an injury free season that he will meet his goals, but happy to buy into his optimistic approach...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Michael Beale — Patreon on 15:05 - Jul 13 with 4649 viewsDixie_CT

Superb interview, thanks Clive.

I’m pleased we have Mick Beale in charge of the 1st team and the potential that brings. He clearly knows his onions, is respected by respectable people and every interview the players have done so far talk about ‘learning’.
Any player worth their salt, and irrespective of age, will want to develop and improve, it keeps them interested in the training and loyal to the coach. If Mick is already teaching them things, then we are in a good place.

If we get the recruitment right, and it looks good so far, and Mick can navigate the off field egos and dynamics, then we are in for an interesting ride.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 15:13 - Jul 13 with 4612 viewsloftboy

Fûck me he comes across well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Michael Beale — Patreon on 16:18 - Jul 13 with 4407 viewsdaveB

Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:36 - Jul 13 by Northernr

The legend that is Dave Barton has done some video for us on this one as well. Clips below, we're working on getting the full version onto the Patreon....

Dave did this overnight after I'd dropped him on it at 6pm last night, and when flying out on holiday Thursday, so massive thanks from us all for that. Above and beyond behaviour.

My wife had a different name for me this morning whern she asked if I'd packed the hand luggage and filled the ipads with crap for the kids to watch and replied no but I did make these videos for loft for words last night. Shes still not talking to me, gonna be a fun holiday
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Beale — Patreon on 16:55 - Jul 13 with 4252 viewsDWQPR

Question for Clive. Great interview and really enjoyed it and have high hopes of what he can achieve with the players. However, I always think that you really get a feel for an individual of being in their company as opposed to listening on an audio or reading responses. So as a person how did he come across to you and also comparing with MW, who I felt was honest and a pragmatist as an individual.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:01 - Jul 13 with 4226 viewsNorthernr

Michael Beale — Patreon on 16:55 - Jul 13 by DWQPR

Question for Clive. Great interview and really enjoyed it and have high hopes of what he can achieve with the players. However, I always think that you really get a feel for an individual of being in their company as opposed to listening on an audio or reading responses. So as a person how did he come across to you and also comparing with MW, who I felt was honest and a pragmatist as an individual.

Difficult mate. Previous interviews have been done in person. This one was over Zoom.
Now I could have waited for an in-person date, because I do always prefer to do it that way for the better connection and conversation, and often some of the stuff you get off mic is more interesting and useful long term.

I took the hit and did Zoom this time because...
- time was short, season starts soon.
- there are soooooo many qpr sites, boards, podcasts now, and they're all whacking in interview requests. So wanted to be first and best and this was the way to do it.

So I'll reserve judgement until I've actually met him, which I think could be in August when they're planning a media/fan site open day round table thing...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:59 - Jul 13 with 4075 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive, very interesting.

Of course,as he has alluded to himself, its 'easy' at the moment, hasn't picked a team for a proper match, hasn't had to moan at anyone, no/not many injury worries, no refs to moan at and of course we're joint top!

I suppose its the same with all managers but I came to dislike the MW interviews the more we were losing, I suspect that was just me being a fan I suppose, but would like to hear some rational thinking when we do lose and not just the usual injuries/refs/schedule excuses we got from MW at the end.

Thanks again - excellent stuff.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 19:40 - Jul 13 with 3847 viewseastside_r

Excellent stuff. If he manages the team half as well as the game he talks, we’ve got a good one here.

One disappointment, he did nor mug off the interviewer like the previous incumbent. (Only kidding, obvs.)
Michael Beale — Patreon on 21:12 - Jul 13 with 3633 viewspaulparker

I only hope he has a back up plan for left back because if the Dutch lad gets injured we really are in trouble

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Michael Beale — Patreon on 21:34 - Jul 13 with 3574 viewsNorthernr

If you’ve got a Patreon sub the full video is up now.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 21:44 - Jul 13 with 3535 viewsHoopstar

Can JCS play left back at a push a la Barbet? (Admittedly not great.)
Michael Beale — Patreon on 21:53 - Jul 13 with 3499 viewsHunterhoop

Finally got around to watching.

Firstly, great interview, Clive. Thank you.

Secondly, I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted a specific manager/head coach to succeed so much in football before. His approach is the right approach, regardless of results. That sounds silly, but this should be the right way. And best of all, if it’s not successful I have no doubt he’ll learn from it and develop and adapt.

He is just phenomenally impressive. Forget about football for a minute, there are CEOs of businesses turning over hundreds of millions of pounds who understand leadership and communication less well than him.

But what he said on football makes so much sense too. As Ted said, if you’re in our squad and you can’t listen, learn, and develop under him, then frankly you aren’t the right sort to be here.

I rarely say this, but I am buzzing to have him in charge. I so want this to work. The upwards curve could be steep and long (ooh err).

Also, and I believe he was being sincere here because he made a point of calling it out without being asked, note what he said about those above and around him caring about this club and making decisions in the club’s best interest. Can we please just drop this agenda about Les.

If you’re not on board yet, get on the f*cking bus, turn up, and, to quote Clive, “weaponise Loftus Road”. As the 12th man we’re worth points over the season.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 00:21 - Jul 14 with 3186 viewsMyke

Cheers Clive - fantastic in-depth interview. You could analyse it forever but for me, the most telling remarks he made were when he made a clear distinction between been results happy and performance happy. We had said ourselves on numerous occasions that we had 'ground out' a result or we had 'won ugly' I guess we all got a bit carried away with the euphoria of last gasp winners or equalisers but we knew at the same time we were not playing particularly well. If I was honest, only Middlesbrough away and Reading at home were the two games when I felt we were in charge of the whole game. It's good to see Beale recognise and hopefully address this if the situation arises. As he said the time to fix a leaking roof is a sunny day not a wet one.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 00:29 - Jul 14 with 3173 viewsVancouverHoop

Without a doubt the most articulate QPR manager I can remember. No BS, no avoiding, or blanking, a question. Really forthright. If he can communicate with players as well as he did in that interview, we're in for some good times.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 01:01 - Jul 14 with 3142 viewsbob566

Enjoyed that. Thanks Clive and Dave
Michael Beale — Patreon on 08:46 - Jul 14 with 2764 viewsBurtonni

Very impressed with him. Wish I'd asked you to tell him we really appreciate a cup run. I hope he treats both seriously.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:37 - Jul 14 with 2608 viewsQPR_Jim

Michael Beale — Patreon on 14:45 - Jul 13 by davman

Ace stuff as ever.

My fave was his line about cake; his chubbiness for someone relatively young involved daily in profession sport has not gone unnoticed.

I just cannot see without more strength in depth OR an injury free season that he will meet his goals, but happy to buy into his optimistic approach...

That made me smile too, I think it's good he's happy to have a bit of a joke as well.

Great interview.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:29 - Jul 14 with 2462 viewsPastCaringNW2

Michael Beale — Patreon on 00:29 - Jul 14 by VancouverHoop

Without a doubt the most articulate QPR manager I can remember. No BS, no avoiding, or blanking, a question. Really forthright. If he can communicate with players as well as he did in that interview, we're in for some good times.

On the basis of what I have seen / heard he is the most engaging and credible communicator we've had in the hot seat since Ray Wilkins (who I loved dearly as our manager and whose departure was massively premature). Though I thought the same about MW until the wheels came off and he started to be somewhat defensive in interviews and more than a little economical with the truth regarding the team's performances. Especially in terms of what was going on contracts wise (players and staff). It explains so much. Though anyone paying attention since Holloway's last season could probably have guessed as much.

On a related topic (and apologies if this is old news) Barbet seems to be without a club still. With Bordeaux's demotion due to financial irregularities seems either the club or the player had second thoughts.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:59 - Jul 14 with 2367 viewsfrancisbowles

What a great interview! Thank you Clive and Mick Beale. Positive, positive, positive.

I liked everything he said, I was quite surprised when he stated 'I had quite a sizeable buy-out from the contract' but after hearing him throughout the interview, I can quite understand why we stretched the budget to get him as opposed to others who would have probably been cheaper options.

I was also quite surprised when he spoke about Glasgow and revealed that in 2018 they had a similar sized budget to the one he now has to work with. He then outlined who they signed and that then they made a plan to make it work.

He seemed to have quite a different take on experience. 'How many Championship games do you have to play to be classed as ‘experienced’?'. That's a view that contrasts to MW's words and indeed Clive's and many of us who have bought into the 150 game benchmark.

I've listened to it and scanned the beginning of the written part but will watch it later today. I'm really looking forward to the season. Got our Palace tickets yesterday!
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:12 - Jul 14 with 2183 viewsNushnool

Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:59 - Jul 14 by francisbowles

What a great interview! Thank you Clive and Mick Beale. Positive, positive, positive.

I liked everything he said, I was quite surprised when he stated 'I had quite a sizeable buy-out from the contract' but after hearing him throughout the interview, I can quite understand why we stretched the budget to get him as opposed to others who would have probably been cheaper options.

I was also quite surprised when he spoke about Glasgow and revealed that in 2018 they had a similar sized budget to the one he now has to work with. He then outlined who they signed and that then they made a plan to make it work.

He seemed to have quite a different take on experience. 'How many Championship games do you have to play to be classed as ‘experienced’?'. That's a view that contrasts to MW's words and indeed Clive's and many of us who have bought into the 150 game benchmark.

I've listened to it and scanned the beginning of the written part but will watch it later today. I'm really looking forward to the season. Got our Palace tickets yesterday!

I also liked that point he made repeatedly about 'how many games makes you experienced'. I think it's probably designed to give confidence to the young players, and also for those who can (e.g. Jimmy Dunne) to take responsibility for maintaining their high performances. That's not to say fans shouldn't give young players leeway if their form falters.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:47 - Jul 14 with 2113 viewsOakR

Fantastic interview.

He is so impressive, I am getting worryingly optimistic! You'd think if you were a young player with potential, you,d want to come here, or be happy here.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024