Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we've got a good'un!!! 19:51 - Dec 17 with 12350 viewsShotKneesHoop

Post match interview: - "I want a team that identifies with what the supporters want" Neil Critchley .

I could never think of Beale ever saying that. I reckon we're about to get our Rangers back. So impressed with what Neil Critchley did today. For example:-

1. Putting Adomah on the wing. Second half, he was brilliant.
2. Not piss balling about always playing it out from the back as the first option.
3. Getting Jimmy Dunne to monster the back four.
4. Wining so many turnovers.
5. Making getting a shot off as the first option.
6. Giving Dykes some service to work with at last.
7. Above all, giving some shithousery back to the kings of it, and they don't like it up them.
8. I really like the look and sound of this bloke, he's no Bertie Bollox. I think we've got a good' un.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 19:59]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 19:57 - Dec 17 with 6657 viewsTonto

At least get his name right then...
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 19:57]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:00 - Dec 17 with 6604 viewsShotKneesHoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 19:57 - Dec 17 by Tonto

At least get his name right then...
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 19:57]

Corrected, just before you pointed out the typo. However, I trust you agreed with the sentiments?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 20:02]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:04 - Dec 17 with 6543 viewsTonto

I was going to put an emoji to show I was joking g. Bit my 3 year old fell off the bed...

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:05 - Dec 17 with 6534 viewsdanehoop

I agree with you if it helps. Sounds very genuine and is probably pleasantly surprised how the team have responded.

Never knowingly understood

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:11 - Dec 17 with 6462 viewsShotKneesHoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:04 - Dec 17 by Tonto

I was going to put an emoji to show I was joking g. Bit my 3 year old fell off the bed...

Tonto, I know you're excited, but please don't take it out on your three year old and sink your canines into his gluts. Or can I presume that you are as careful at checking what you post as I am?

Yours Major Shot-Knees.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 20:12]

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:30 - Dec 17 with 6310 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:00 - Dec 17 by ShotKneesHoop

Corrected, just before you pointed out the typo. However, I trust you agreed with the sentiments?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 20:02]

I agree with you too, ShotKneees. Just been on 606 to respond to a Glasgow Rangers fan who had the arrogant cheek to suggest we were making a fuss about nothing over the abrupt departure of Neil's predecessor (I can't bring myself to mention his actual name on here), and I mentioned that, for once, this particular QPR-shaped cloud might actually have a silver lining to it after all.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:42 - Dec 17 with 6212 viewsShotKneesHoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:30 - Dec 17 by E15Hoop

I agree with you too, ShotKneees. Just been on 606 to respond to a Glasgow Rangers fan who had the arrogant cheek to suggest we were making a fuss about nothing over the abrupt departure of Neil's predecessor (I can't bring myself to mention his actual name on here), and I mentioned that, for once, this particular QPR-shaped cloud might actually have a silver lining to it after all.

I just watched the after match interview that he did, and he came over as genuinely pleased - and surprised - as any QPR fan would be with that result.

The last time I felt like this was when Venables, Francis and Warnock; when those three inherited an absolute pile of shyte and polished it into the Koh-Y-Noor.

Football is still about a bit of passion - and not all about tippy tap - sideways- backwards - after you Claude possession bollox that you can only do if you have a team funded by petrol dollars and sportswashing to back you up.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:45 - Dec 17 with 6184 viewsShotKneesHoop

Good on you!

Login to get fewer ads

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:47 - Dec 17 with 6173 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:42 - Dec 17 by ShotKneesHoop

I just watched the after match interview that he did, and he came over as genuinely pleased - and surprised - as any QPR fan would be with that result.

The last time I felt like this was when Venables, Francis and Warnock; when those three inherited an absolute pile of shyte and polished it into the Koh-Y-Noor.

Football is still about a bit of passion - and not all about tippy tap - sideways- backwards - after you Claude possession bollox that you can only do if you have a team funded by petrol dollars and sportswashing to back you up.

Exactly! In fact, I would go one stage further and suggest that the success of Morocco and Croatia at the World Cup and the relatively abject failure of Spain and Portugal should finally herald the death-knell of pointless. boring tiki-taka once and for all.

Perhaps England could learn the lesson that the best way for us to win these games is to actually play the English way instead of trying to play like the Spain side of 15 years ago..
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:57 - Dec 17 with 6113 viewsCamberleyR

Sorry Shot Knees, I'd agree on Venables and Warnock but I think it's very harsh on Don Howe to say Gerry Francis inherited a pile of shite. Quite the contrary in fact.

A twelth placed finish in the first division (11th the season before) with Stejskal, Bardsley, Wilson, McDonald, Maddix, Wilkins, Sinton, Barker, Ferdinand, Allen, Wegerle, Peacock and Brevett at the club. That's some base to start from and Don Howe can consider himself one of the unluckiest ever QPR managers to lose his job.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 10:05]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:06 - Dec 17 with 6039 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:57 - Dec 17 by CamberleyR

Sorry Shot Knees, I'd agree on Venables and Warnock but I think it's very harsh on Don Howe to say Gerry Francis inherited a pile of shite. Quite the contrary in fact.

A twelth placed finish in the first division (11th the season before) with Stejskal, Bardsley, Wilson, McDonald, Maddix, Wilkins, Sinton, Barker, Ferdinand, Allen, Wegerle, Peacock and Brevett at the club. That's some base to start from and Don Howe can consider himself one of the unluckiest ever QPR managers to lose his job.

Definitely agree re. Howe. Never understood that.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:21 - Dec 17 with 5940 viewsShotKneesHoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:06 - Dec 17 by E15Hoop

Definitely agree re. Howe. Never understood that.

OK I'll take that one back, but Francis still gave Howe's team a lot of polish. They were playing some great stuff until Thompson the Chairman bottled it.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:40 - Dec 17 with 5828 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:21 - Dec 17 by ShotKneesHoop

OK I'll take that one back, but Francis still gave Howe's team a lot of polish. They were playing some great stuff until Thompson the Chairman bottled it.

He wasn't the first, Shot Knees. Sadly, for all the great memories that Jim Gregory gave us over the years, it was our failure to reinvest in players properly after the sale of Parkes and Bowles amongst others that swiftly led to that great side of '76 getting relegated not long afterwards.

Ah... the Thompson and Wright eras...Let's not get started!
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:51 - Dec 17 with 5726 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:57 - Dec 17 by CamberleyR

Warnock inherited a side with Adel, Buzsaky, Ale, Gorkss, Connolly, Hall, Cerny, Helguson (although out on loan), and a few others. He did an incredible job, but lets not be silly. That was already a great squad with huge investment just hamstrung by awful management.

And let’s not get carried away after one game.

And the England team played the ‘English way’ for years and got comprehensively outplayed every tournament. Our improvement, which seems obvious to me even if it hasn’t seen a cup yet, is down to greater technical ability. I don’t think we’ve ever tried to be the Spain of 10 years ago.

Bare bones.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 22:04 - Dec 17 with 5659 viewsBerkoRanger

You mean like this.....
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 07:45 - Dec 18 with 5067 viewsTonto

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:11 - Dec 17 by ShotKneesHoop

Tonto, I know you're excited, but please don't take it out on your three year old and sink your canines into his gluts. Or can I presume that you are as careful at checking what you post as I am?

Yours Major Shot-Knees.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 20:12]

I just pressed "add reply" and went to check she was OK. She was. She thought it was funny (she had been bouncing on the bed and sort of slithered rather than fell off).

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 07:53 - Dec 18 with 5041 viewsFrankRightguard

Was that the guy that was arguing with Sutton? If so, yet another of their mob totally missing the point. It’s not where he went, it’s how he went.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 09:52 - Dec 18 with 4767 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 07:53 - Dec 18 by FrankRightguard

Was that the guy that was arguing with Sutton? If so, yet another of their mob totally missing the point. It’s not where he went, it’s how he went.

Exactly! I think Mr. Beale should be a bit more careful what he wishes for. Can't see the Ibrox gig being one that guarantees him long-term job security given what van Bronckhurst had to deal with despite his success there. That Rangers numpty will no doubt turn on Beale fairly quickly, along with the others.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 10:02 - Dec 18 with 4740 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:51 - Dec 17 by Antti_Heinola

Warnock inherited a side with Adel, Buzsaky, Ale, Gorkss, Connolly, Hall, Cerny, Helguson (although out on loan), and a few others. He did an incredible job, but lets not be silly. That was already a great squad with huge investment just hamstrung by awful management.

And let’s not get carried away after one game.

And the England team played the ‘English way’ for years and got comprehensively outplayed every tournament. Our improvement, which seems obvious to me even if it hasn’t seen a cup yet, is down to greater technical ability. I don’t think we’ve ever tried to be the Spain of 10 years ago.

Unusually, I have to disagree with you, Antti. I think we've EXACTLY tried to be Spain in recent years. I'm sure I read that this was the exact model that they've been trying to actively instil in our players at St. George's Park in particular, plus its no coincidence that Glenn Hoddle's project for reactivating the careers of footballers that have fallen by the wayside is located in Spain. I'm certainly not against that being the case if you're talking about trying to emulate the silky skills of David Silva, but I for one don't remember him making too many pointless sideways passes. Its the pointless walking pace ball shifting between centre-halves that really winds me up. Contrast the two halves of England v Senegal as an obvious example of what I'm talking about. Amazing how much better we were when we started hitting longer balls, turning the Senegalese defenders around to face their own goal and using the pace of Saka and Foden to get through on their goal.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 10:30 - Dec 18 with 4648 viewsPunteR

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 10:02 - Dec 18 by E15Hoop

Unusually, I have to disagree with you, Antti. I think we've EXACTLY tried to be Spain in recent years. I'm sure I read that this was the exact model that they've been trying to actively instil in our players at St. George's Park in particular, plus its no coincidence that Glenn Hoddle's project for reactivating the careers of footballers that have fallen by the wayside is located in Spain. I'm certainly not against that being the case if you're talking about trying to emulate the silky skills of David Silva, but I for one don't remember him making too many pointless sideways passes. Its the pointless walking pace ball shifting between centre-halves that really winds me up. Contrast the two halves of England v Senegal as an obvious example of what I'm talking about. Amazing how much better we were when we started hitting longer balls, turning the Senegalese defenders around to face their own goal and using the pace of Saka and Foden to get through on their goal.

I'm not sure it's the Spain way. I think it's just possession football. Basically don't just lump it at at top. Barcelona led the way, Arsenal tried to emulate Barcelona and then a lot of young foreign coaches tried to do the same since. Swansea also spring to mind.
If you have the players (Barcelona) it's amazing football, if you don't it's bloody boring watching your defenders pass it between themselves and often in QPRs case nerve wracking.
The upside of having a more possession and skillful philosophy in the game is it's produced a lot of skillful players. Even CB are required to bring the ball out from the back, goalkeeprs need to be good with their feet etc. But if you watch games back from the 90s I think football was more entertaining back then as there was more crosses and going long. Preston yesterday were hilariously crossing it to Dunnes head. However, I thought the game was a brilliant watch. Dykes won all his flick ons and we mixed it up a bit.
Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, I'm just rambling, but yes I think we have a good manager if this one game is anything to go by.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 11:12 - Dec 18 with 4548 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 10:30 - Dec 18 by PunteR

I'm not sure it's the Spain way. I think it's just possession football. Basically don't just lump it at at top. Barcelona led the way, Arsenal tried to emulate Barcelona and then a lot of young foreign coaches tried to do the same since. Swansea also spring to mind.
If you have the players (Barcelona) it's amazing football, if you don't it's bloody boring watching your defenders pass it between themselves and often in QPRs case nerve wracking.
The upside of having a more possession and skillful philosophy in the game is it's produced a lot of skillful players. Even CB are required to bring the ball out from the back, goalkeeprs need to be good with their feet etc. But if you watch games back from the 90s I think football was more entertaining back then as there was more crosses and going long. Preston yesterday were hilariously crossing it to Dunnes head. However, I thought the game was a brilliant watch. Dykes won all his flick ons and we mixed it up a bit.
Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, I'm just rambling, but yes I think we have a good manager if this one game is anything to go by.

Largely agree with Punter.
What England have tried to do as I said was produce more technical players. That has happened and is undoubtedly successful. Obviously, playing slow sideways football is (hopefully) not the goal. Spain were scintillating in 2008 and only really became dull because no one could live with them so resorted to everyone behind the ball, compact as possible. Spain would still win, and did, but it was dull. It wasn’t, however, Spain’s fault.
Suspect Hoddle was in Spain for the weather.
England’s real model has been France - southgate in particular is v influenced by Deschamps’ policy of little risk.
We weren’t poor v Senegal because we were playing like Spain - it was just slow football.

Punter we’ll have to disagree on yesterday. Loads to appreciate and i certainly enjoyed it for lots of reasons. But technically it was pretty poor all round. It’s a classic fan reaction to be delighted by it, but had Jimmy’s knee shot hit the bar and bounced away and Preston had scored one of their couple of chances, I guarantee not a single poster on here would be posting about passion, grit, great long balls etc. it would be ‘clueless football’, ‘didn’t create anything’, ‘loan players shirked all day’, ‘dykes is useless’ and so on. Exactly the same performance, but different result yields comically different reactions. Just to reiterate though: delighted with yesterday and tons of positives, but as a group of fans we’d do well to greet defeat with a little more patience and wins like yesterday with a little more restraint imo.

Bare bones.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 12:03 - Dec 18 with 4437 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 11:12 - Dec 18 by Antti_Heinola

Largely agree with Punter.
What England have tried to do as I said was produce more technical players. That has happened and is undoubtedly successful. Obviously, playing slow sideways football is (hopefully) not the goal. Spain were scintillating in 2008 and only really became dull because no one could live with them so resorted to everyone behind the ball, compact as possible. Spain would still win, and did, but it was dull. It wasn’t, however, Spain’s fault.
Suspect Hoddle was in Spain for the weather.
England’s real model has been France - southgate in particular is v influenced by Deschamps’ policy of little risk.
We weren’t poor v Senegal because we were playing like Spain - it was just slow football.

Punter we’ll have to disagree on yesterday. Loads to appreciate and i certainly enjoyed it for lots of reasons. But technically it was pretty poor all round. It’s a classic fan reaction to be delighted by it, but had Jimmy’s knee shot hit the bar and bounced away and Preston had scored one of their couple of chances, I guarantee not a single poster on here would be posting about passion, grit, great long balls etc. it would be ‘clueless football’, ‘didn’t create anything’, ‘loan players shirked all day’, ‘dykes is useless’ and so on. Exactly the same performance, but different result yields comically different reactions. Just to reiterate though: delighted with yesterday and tons of positives, but as a group of fans we’d do well to greet defeat with a little more patience and wins like yesterday with a little more restraint imo.

Interesting points you've made there, Antti, which has changed my perspective on England, and explains why I usually find I can't find anything to disagree with in Gareth Southgate's post-match interviews whilst then being flummoxed that England sometimes find it difficult to employ the tatics that you would have thought they should be employing given Southgate's comments from the match previous.

As far as our beloved R's are concerned, whilst taking on board your call for balance, I think we can be pretty happy that Critchley seems to have a handle already on what he thinks this team's strengths and weaknesses are and how to address them quickly and efficiently. Interesting to hear this week that he tried to take Ethan Laird to Blackpool when he was there, and I suspect good things were said to him about Tim Iroegbunam when he was at Villa.

Only 2 subs used yesterday as well, which I also think is noteworthy. That suggests to me that he's got a firm gameplan in mind and clearly felt it didn't need very much tweaking.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 12:06 - Dec 18 with 4429 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I might just hold a wee while on calling NC ‘a good ‘un’, the messiah, and comparing him with the likes of Venables, Warnock etc. after one game.

A lot of folks were eulogising the previous incumbent early on and look how that turned out! Made many look foolish schmuks...I know, I was one of them!

That said, you can’t knock his win ratio. Well done NC and all involved yesterday.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:01 - Dec 18 with 4302 viewsBoston

Did you hear when a Burnley caller used the words Mick Beale as a perjorative?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:08 - Dec 18 with 4279 viewsPinnerPaul

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 12:06 - Dec 18 by PlanetHonneywood

I might just hold a wee while on calling NC ‘a good ‘un’, the messiah, and comparing him with the likes of Venables, Warnock etc. after one game.

A lot of folks were eulogising the previous incumbent early on and look how that turned out! Made many look foolish schmuks...I know, I was one of them!

That said, you can’t knock his win ratio. Well done NC and all involved yesterday.

Very sensible!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024